Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine

Started by BonesawT101, Jul 06, 2016, 03:19:33 PM

Author
Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine (Read 45,103 times)

NickisSmart

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 14, 2016, 07:56:05 AM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Jul 13, 2016, 03:38:33 AMHow much humor did The Thing have? Not very much.

"You gotta be f*cking kidding..." and "Yeah, F*CK YOU TOO!" were both pretty damn funny.

But I agree, there shouldn't be too much overt humour in this. The original Alien had some nice levity from Barker and Brett before the shit hit the fan.

True, but on a whole, the movie ain't exactly a barrel of laughs. Though I always chuckle at the end result of MacReady's chess match with the computer. Cheatin' bitch. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If you click the Quote button on a post you want to respond specifically too, it'll include a copy of that message so it's obvious who you're replying to. There's also a modify button on your own post after you've sent it so you can go back and change anything.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 14, 2016, 04:07:54 PM
Bleak and macabre makes sense. Ridley had comedy overload with The Martian. I just hope they don't go overboard. This is an expensive movie, the masses won't like bleak.

And he didn't even consider Martian a comedy.  :laugh: I'm sure we'll still some Alien-level moments of levity. But an over all darker tone is definitely something I'm happy about. *shudders at the thought of Resurrection's comedy*

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 07:01:46 AMAnd he didn't even consider Martian a comedy.  :laugh:

To be honest, I don't think I'd call The Martian a comedy either... It was certainly funny, but it wasn't really an overt comedy. It was mostly just Damon being a wiseass.

Corporal Hicks

He had some great stuff to work from. Watney in the book is hilarious too.

Shamo

Sounds good! I can see McBride doing some intense acting.

BonesawT101

New details from McBride-
Comic actor Danny McBride says he has been sworn to secrecy about his work on the new Alien movie from director Ridley Scott.

The US star, known for his roles in comedy films such as Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express, will play the pilot of a spaceship in Alien: Covenant, Scott's second prequel to his 1979 horror classic.

The film, which is due for release in August 2017, is a follow-up to 2012's Prometheus and also stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace.
McBride told the Press Association: "I got a f****** document of like 10 pages of everything I'm not allowed to say about it."

"I'm having a blast on that movie. It's awesome. I'm the pilot of the spaceship, the Covenant. It's a colonisation ship. It's full of couples."

"We're setting off to find a planet that we're hopefully going to colonise and s*** doesn't go as planned."

That's everything he mentions about Covenant. Original article is on belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 19, 2016, 06:37:55 AM
"We're setting off to find a planet that we're hopefully going to colonise and s*** doesn't go as planned."

And that's the movie in one sentence.  :laugh:

Shame he can't really say more but not surprising. Love him being given an actual document of things he can't discuss though.

T Dog

"I'm having a blast on that movie. It's awesome. I'm the pilot of the spaceship, the Covenant. It's a colonisation ship. It's full of couples."

Oh man this movie is gonna be gross.

I wonder if there are gonna be some religious nut jobs on board too!

lv_226

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 19, 2016, 12:06:36 PM

Oh man this movie is gonna be gross.

I wonder if there are gonna be some religious nut jobs on board too!

Hype rising.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Loving the simple premise. Colonists set out to discover a brave new world to seed with life, discover an amazing uncharted paradise planet, then all hell breaks loose when they get more than they bargained for.

More and more this is sounding like the movie Prometheus should have been. Although I enjoyed that movie for what it was, I was still disappointed with it for what it wasn't.

T Dog

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 19, 2016, 01:41:46 PM
Loving the simple premise. Colonists set out to discover a brave new world to seed with life, discover an amazing uncharted paradise planet, then all hell breaks loose when they get more than they bargained for.
It's gonna be weird when they meet that robot!
Do you guys think that brown haired David will be called David or have a new name?

SuicideDoors

Alien covenant is sounding more and more to me like a direct prequel to Aliens, never mind Alien. To be honest it sounds glorious

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 19, 2016, 01:43:26 PM
Do you guys think that brown haired David will be called David or have a new name?

I reckon he'll be a David. That was his model name after all and he was mass produced.

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jul 19, 2016, 01:45:32 PM
Alien covenant is sounding more and more to me like a direct prequel to Aliens, never mind Alien. To be honest it sounds glorious

It will be interesting to see them play up the colonisation angles. Before it became Prometheus, Alien Zero/Engineers/Genesis was rooted in the idea of getting terraforming technology from the Engineers.

Mustangjeff

I'm rethinking my "covenant crew become the eggs in the derelict" theory.

I'm starting to get an infected Holloway + Shaw = Trilo     

But on a massive scale.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2016, 01:54:13 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 19, 2016, 01:43:26 PM

I reckon he'll be a David. That was his model name after all and he was mass produced.

Reminds me of all those Bishops they had in Aliens: Colonial Marines. It was just f*cking Bishop's everywhere you looked.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed