Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 104,554 times)

SiL

SiL

Not likely, but who knows.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: DaveT937 on May 29, 2023, 06:22:52 AMSo... this is the fall of Hadley's Hope then?

How'd you come to that conclusion?

Necronomicon II

😂 Yeah, no.

skhellter

skhellter

What are the chances that this reuses some ideas from the Alien Destiny script....

could this use the Destiny ship?

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

You're destined to find out soon enough. 😜

Also I know there's been a lot of real estate established in the EU between Alien and Aliens, however what Fede pitched is far more justified than all of them, heck even Isolation (which I adore). I'll shut up now. 😛🤐

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 29, 2023, 12:04:16 PMAlso I know there's been a lot of real estate established in the EU between Alien and Aliens, however what Fede pitched is far more justified than all of them, heck even Isolation (which I adore). I'll shut up now. 😛🤐

This... excites and intrigues me a lot.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Maybe this is a spiritual movie of Isolation? No Amanda Ripley but a smiliar plot to another ship finding the derelict then taking their facehugged quarry to the nearest available sevastopol-esque colony where hilarity ensues?

bobby brown

This is the best era of Aliens. Perhaps this movie could turn out a fan favorite?
But I have to try and contain my enthusiasm...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 29, 2023, 01:30:36 PMMaybe this is a spiritual movie of Isolation? No Amanda Ripley but a smiliar plot to another ship finding the derelict then taking their facehugged quarry to the nearest available sevastopol-esque colony where hilarity ensues?

I don't know... based on @Necronomicon II's comment above, I don't think Alien: Isolation, sans Amanda and moved into a WY facility is really what Fede's going for here.

Only time will really tell, but I'm getting the inkling of something a tad... weirder, maybe? Take into consideration, Hallett's comment about seeing some things Ridley wanted to do in "Alien: Destiny," but not quite in the way Ridley would have done them...

Adam802

Adam802

Nice, lot of potential for story in that 57-year gap.

Hope it doesn't reference the 'prequels' at all.

bobby brown

Quote from: Adam802 on May 29, 2023, 09:28:43 PMNice, lot of potential for story in that 57-year gap.

Hope it doesn't reference the 'prequels' at all.

Would that be possible with Scott as producer and gatekeeper?

skhellter

skhellter

With Dane Hallett back to concept art and production design..

there's a good chance that it will indeed reference the prequels and bridge the gap between them and the main series.

[cancerblack]

And very possibly with more tact than Ridderz would use on his lonesome.

PAS Spinelli

this trying to tie itself for the prequels will be really disappointing for me

Mike’s Monsters

Well, the prequels are part of the franchise and have been for many years at this point even if we all don't like it. We might end up liking the way they are all tied together once we all see it play out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed