Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Feb 19, 2015, 04:10:20 PM

Author
Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas) (Read 29,702 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Oh he did, I just take issue with the neverending whine in an Italian accent.

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

Alright, let's stop that before it goes any further. Thank you.

Darkness

Enjoyed the latest episode with an interview with former Fox exec Joshua Izzo. Discusses the origins of Alien Day. I think he mentions an AvP cartoon that was made. Mentions that AvP was always frowned upon by Fox/Disney. The third Alien prequel film was going to be called Alien Destiny.

https://www.perfectorganism.com/home/2023/4/26/214-alien-day-the-founders-part-two-an-interview-with-joshua-izzo

xenotaris

Makes sense since Fox lost alot of money greenlighting AVP 04 and AVPR

426Buddy

Quote from: xenotaris on May 10, 2023, 08:35:41 PMMakes sense since Fox lost alot of money greenlighting AVP 04 and AVPR

Critics aside I'm pretty sure both films were profitable for Fox.

According to wiki -

"AvP is the second highest-grossing film in either the Predator or Alien franchises, behind Prometheus, which grossed over $403 million worldwide.[48] It ranks third behind Aliens and Prometheus at the domestic box office."

SiL

They underperformed from expectations but I don't think they lost on the first movie at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed