Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,769 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Cocaine Bear

Why did I find this film a fun watch?  :o

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eraser

"You're luggage."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2023, 05:28:57 PMEraser

"You're luggage."
Back when I was a kid, that was the only Arnie film I actually owned on VHS. (The hacked-to-bits BBFC censored version!) Still has a special place in my heart as a result.

Might also be the last oldschool big-budget R-rated action blockbuster to come out of Hollywood.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2023, 05:35:38 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2023, 05:28:57 PMEraser

"You're luggage."
Back when I was a kid, that was the only Arnie film I actually owned on VHS. (The hacked-to-bits BBFC censored version!) Still has a special place in my heart as a result.

Might also be the last oldschool big-budget R-rated action blockbuster to come out of Hollywood.

Knowing the BBFC I'm guessing they cut the belt knife completely.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2023, 05:38:55 PMKnowing the BBFC I'm guessing they cut the belt knife completely.
f**k the knife, you don't even see the villains die at the end :laugh:

Like I said, hacked to bits.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2023, 05:43:28 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2023, 05:38:55 PMKnowing the BBFC I'm guessing they cut the belt knife completely.
f**k the knife, you don't even see the villains die at the end :laugh:

Like I said, hacked to bits.

Whaaaat... they cut a close up of a gun firing?  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2023, 05:46:37 PMWhaaaat... they cut a close up of a gun firing?  :laugh:
Yeah, it's probably the most bizarrely BBFC-nuked action flick I can think of, because a lot of the cuts aren't especially violent - they took out the two guys getting bloodlessly blown through the warehouse windows but left the grisly scene where Arnie pulls his impaled hand off the nail intact?! I always remember wincing at that and thinking it was one of the most uncomfortable bits of violence I'd seen in a film. And it's not like the bulk of the censorship has anything to do with their perennial pet hates like headbutts, nunchucks or knives.

Back before the internet was a thing I was always really confused by not seeing the baddies' deaths in particular, because I must've caught the film on TV at some point and remembered seeing the limo getting smashed.

But anyway, f**k them - as soon as the world wide web became a thing I bought an uncut Australian DVD :D

Come to think of it, I'm not sure it's actually had an uncut release in the UK... I don't think it's reached Blu-ray here yet.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Love it. "A bunch of f**kin' hippies... what the f**k?"

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2023, 03:10:56 PMGuardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Comfortably the best of the three imo.

I knew you'd love it when Drax only did the laugh once.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Desperado

Manhunter (Hybrid Cut and Directors Cut)

Jackass 1-3

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Fast X

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Paths of Glory

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A Futile and Stupid Gesture

"We come from a tradition of truth-tellers. A long time ago, there was someone else society found offensive. They thought that what he did was radical - dangerous. They persecuted him... and eventually killed him. Of course, I'm referring to Dracula."

Prez

Prez

Fall

Surprisingly intense and non-cliched too.
Spoiler
I found the blonde girls' boobies very distracting.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

"It's a compass." "MOM!"  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Paris, Texas

Stitch

Stitch

Batman: Under The Red Hood

Adding the 'red' into the title makes it flow worse than the comic's title, but it's still a fantastic animation, and one of the best Batman movies.

I watched some other stuff but I can't even remember what. Clearly not that great...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed