[cb] will draw it!

Started by [cancerblack], Sep 06, 2019, 09:14:41 PM

Author
[cb] will draw it! (Read 2,108 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Posting this here since it's intended to be a light hearted/fun kinda thing rather than "serious fan art".

I will draw anything* you ask me to in this thread, and upload it to the thread. I've mostly been avoiding drawing for the last few years and really need to train myself back up a bit, so all requests will be taken, any style or subject. I do ask that you're reasonable about the complexity of your requests though. Feel free to ask for silly/ridiculous things too of course.

*within forum guidelines

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Old Auntie Ellen-8 & Jonesy

So this stems from a single line of the novelization of Alien: Resurrection (much better than the movie btw) and it sparked in me a magical idea that I would desperately love to see, but that would be difficult to ever come about in the real world, but hey, in this Post-Archie vs Predator world, who's to say what's impossible?

Anyway, the idea came about from the scene when Ripley first encounters the hideous Newborn and is rightfully revolted by its gene spliced mutant form and size. She remarks upon just how big this creature could grow to be, a question which is destined never to be answered. But what if, in alternative reality fashion, the newborn wasn't killed? And what if it was, in fact, like its Chestburster cousins who share the baby-ish traits of light skin, small size, exaggerated features and a head still unformed and melded with its body, before its first skin shedding?

This creature clearly loves and is protective of Ripley-8 having imprinted with her, so what if she and it lived on together and, in the fashion of Clifford the Big Red Dog, she and it roamed the raggedy edges of humanity unavoidably causing havoc wherever they find themselves. With echoes of Daenerys the Mother of Dragons, the creature is cute and sweet with Auntie Ellen-8 but intentionally or perhaps just clumsily murderous and destructive with anything or anyone else aside from Ellen-8 and maybe friends.  Like a more f**ked up, femme'd up, Iron Giant story.

If you've ever owned a cat, Manx or otherwise, you'll understand their dual traits of affection and bloodlust, sometimes goofy, always independent personalities. I figured with our cloned mutant hero's half memories of a life long gone and not her own, that she'd have to come to peace with her new reality, and naming her new friend and clearly unshakable companion "Jonesy" would be a perfectly natural thing.

The idea delighted my twisted heart and I came up with some figures about just how big our halfbreed Jonesy could get, based upon the changes a human-bred Alien goes through in terms of size, proportion and developing features. This is what I came up with,

I'm not an artist but I'd love to see a better realized version of this old cat lady and her friend many years down the line doing their best to stay off the radar with mixed and occasionally comedically disastrous results.

It's safe to say that they'd likely pick up more standard sized earthly cat friends over the years, possibly the only survivors of the many disasters left in their wake. And equally likely, any degree of peace Old Auntie Ellen-8 would be able to find, in her new and uncommon existence, whenever she decided to retire to a less adventurous life would undoubtedly be with the aide of a healthy and regular intake of cannabis. Because. by then. who's got time for the Galaxy's bullshit? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Would you be willing to draw a rad picture of these two together? Maybe even chilling at Tea time with some other regular cat friends they've picked up along the way?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SpaceKase on Sep 06, 2019, 11:09:36 PM
Spoiler

Old Auntie Ellen-8 & Jonesy

So this stems from a single line of the novelization of Alien: Resurrection (much better than the movie btw) and it sparked in me a magical idea that I would desperately love to see, but that would be difficult to ever come about in the real world, but hey, in this Post-Archie vs Predator world, who's to say what's impossible?

Anyway, the idea came about from the scene when Ripley first encounters the hideous Newborn and is rightfully revolted by its gene spliced mutant form and size. She remarks upon just how big this creature could grow to be, a question which is destined never to be answered. But what if, in alternative reality fashion, the newborn wasn't killed? And what if it was, in fact, like its Chestburster cousins who share the baby-ish traits of light skin, small size, exaggerated features and a head still unformed and melded with its body, before its first skin shedding?

This creature clearly loves and is protective of Ripley-8 having imprinted with her, so what if she and it lived on together and, in the fashion of Clifford the Big Red Dog, she and it roamed the raggedy edges of humanity unavoidably causing havoc wherever they find themselves. With echoes of Daenerys the Mother of Dragons, the creature is cute and sweet with Auntie Ellen-8 but intentionally or perhaps just clumsily murderous and destructive with anything or anyone else aside from Ellen-8 and maybe friends.  Like a more f**ked up, femme'd up, Iron Giant story.

If you've ever owned a cat, Manx or otherwise, you'll understand their dual traits of affection and bloodlust, sometimes goofy, always independent personalities. I figured with our cloned mutant hero's half memories of a life long gone and not her own, that she'd have to come to peace with her new reality, and naming her new friend and clearly unshakable companion "Jonesy" would be a perfectly natural thing.

The idea delighted my twisted heart and I came up with some figures about just how big our halfbreed Jonesy could get, based upon the changes a human-bred Alien goes through in terms of size, proportion and developing features. This is what I came up with,

I'm not an artist but I'd love to see a better realized version of this old cat lady and her friend many years down the line doing their best to stay off the radar with mixed and occasionally comedically disastrous results.

It's safe to say that they'd likely pick up more standard sized earthly cat friends over the years, possibly the only survivors of the many disasters left in their wake. And equally likely, any degree of peace Old Auntie Ellen-8 would be able to find, in her new and uncommon existence, whenever she decided to retire to a less adventurous life would undoubtedly be with the aide of a healthy and regular intake of cannabis. Because. by then. who's got time for the Galaxy's bullshit? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Would you be willing to draw a rad picture of these two together? Maybe even chilling at Tea time with some other regular cat friends they've picked up along the way?
[close]

This is an ambitious start for sure, but since you've given an extremely detailed brief and some reference material, i'll tackle it. Hopefully it won't take too long.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Ha, yeaaaaah, sorry for the nerd blast. It flows through me... Thanks, no matter what! They've just been cooped up in my head for so long I'm just grateful for the chance to let them out for some fresh air.

Huggs

Huggs

3 months from now:

"I've drawn things. Bad things".

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 07, 2019, 12:28:16 AM
3 months from now:

"I've drawn things. Bad things".

With the forum guidelines caveat, it can't be worse than what's gone before.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh Man! you inspired me to draw my first Alien themed abominations. I'm looking forward to what you can come up with  8)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 07, 2019, 01:12:57 AM
Oh Man! you inspired me to draw my first Alien themed abominations. I'm looking forward to what you can come up with  8)

It's gunna be mostly super rough sketches to begin with. A big part of what I need to re-train is my patience and discipline, so I'll be going really fast for now and hopefully producing better stuff once I'm used to the act of drawing itself again.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Spoiler
Draw what you think happened to Lambert.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 07, 2019, 01:38:07 AM

It's gunna be mostly super rough sketches to begin with. A big part of what I need to re-train is my patience and discipline, so I'll be going really fast for now and hopefully producing better stuff once I'm used to the act of drawing itself again.

That's neat idea. In order to improve drawing skills one has to leave the comfort zone, and venture into new challenges. It's fine to draw what you like, but it's also good to draw other things, and why not, work on weaknesses. In this way, in the future you will be able to draw whatever you want without limits. 

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 07, 2019, 01:38:07 AM

Yeah man, just fast and fun to get your brain in the flow space, don't be like me and get lost down the detail rabbit hole.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

@SpaceKase

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 07, 2019, 01:47:48 AM
Spoiler
Draw what you think happened to Lambert.
[close]

Spoiler
I don't know if that could even be shown here.
[close]

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 07, 2019, 02:56:02 AM
@SpaceKase

Magnifique

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Impressive!

Huggs

Huggs

It's like a horror ferngully but with an alien of iron giant scale.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed