All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,838,628 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm not as big on the Death star duel being bigger. The Prequels do the intense duels to showcase them in their prime. But by ANH you could just as easily view Vader as having the clear upper hand. Kenobi is on his station, surrounded by troopers, who is facing a far more ready opponent than he did 20 years earlier. Obi-wan is also much older and in order to hide from the Empire so long he has to be out of practice at least relatively to the guy who causally walks onto battlefields every couple of days. So the smaller fight does kind of work. Obi-wan isn't going anywhere so he can tap sabers all he wants.

I think it's about as cool as something like TFU's historical battles go where everyone has Starkiller's moveset. It's cool to see stuff explode or even see Vader go into a dead sprint and flip but I personally find it detracts from ANH.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wouldn't mind seeing Boss Nass show up if they could get Blessed back to do the voice. :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It would be interesting to see prequel characters show up and be more tolerable simply because they have a competent director who can get good performances out of the cast.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Looks like the Disney Gallery roundtable discussions are making a return for The Mandalorian season two.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-gallery-the-mandalorian-season-2-coming-soon/

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

This is my new swamp

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Windu: Bring me Palpatine's muthafukin ass and I'll take you to meet Ahsoka

Mando: This is the muthafukin way mutherf**ker!

Shasvre

Shasvre

This party is over just getting started.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The novel focused on Windu is great, like the Star Wars version of Apocalypse Now.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Shatterpoint.  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Can't speak for Shatterpoint, but I'm finally reading Dark Disciple, which is based on eight unmade episodes of The Clone Wars that were scrapped with the show was canceled and follows Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress teaming up to go behind enemy lines and assassinate Count Dooku while delving deeper into that Dark Side as they go. Cool story that I would have loved to have seen actually get animated, and I am getting some Apocalypse Now vibes from this as well.

And of course, TCW did do the Umbara arc which had a lot of Vietnam War influence - and even brought in Apocalypse Now's editor to direct an episode.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That was probably easy compared to editing the million feet of film Coppola shot for AN.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Kung Fu C-3PO

Shasvre

Shasvre

The new Mandalorian episode! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed