All Star Wars (Read 2,845,021 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

All I can think of with that character is

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

I am very pleased with how well she translated into live action.

Spoiler
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I know nothing about the character really, but the makeup was an impressive take on what I've seen from the animation, certainly.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Ahsoka vs the Magistrate looking straight out of a Kurosawa film, while Din and Michael Biehn were having a Western standoff on the other side of the wall, is the show in a nutshell. 8)

I absolutely loved this.

Also, Grogu! :D
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2020, 02:14:08 PM
Spoiler
Ahsoka vs the Magistrate looking straight out of a Kurosawa film, while Din and Michael Biehn were having a Western standoff on the other side of the wall, is the show in a nutshell. 8)

I absolutely loved this.

[close]

Spoiler
I was thinking how much the episode was a mix of a samurai movie and a fairytale myself. Mando being "hired" to kill Ahsoka - the village next to a haunted forest, hiring a warrior to kill the witch that lives in it.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 27, 2020, 02:40:51 PM
Spoiler

I absolutely loved this.

[close]

Spoiler
I was thinking how much the episode was a mix of a samurai movie and a fairytale myself. Mando being "hired" to kill Ahsoka - the village next to a haunted forest, hiring a warrior to kill the witch that lives in it.
[close]

Aye, I very much agree with all of this as well.

Watched the episode a second time. :D Wonderful work by Filoni.

Spoiler
I also really love that moving forward now, Din isn't just dictating Grogu's actions. Once they get to the "Seeing Stone" Grogu actually now has a say in his own destiny, his own path.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2020, 04:10:18 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 27, 2020, 02:40:51 PM
Spoiler

I absolutely loved this.

[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Aye, I very much agree with all of this as well.

Watched the episode a second time. :D Wonderful work by Filoni.

Spoiler
I also really love that moving forward now, Din isn't just dictating Grogu's actions. Once they get to the "Seeing Stone" Grogu actually now has a say in his own destiny, his own path.
[close]

Speaking of which...

Spoiler
Someone pointed out that when they were talking about the Stone and how someone might respond, Luke's theme was playing. Not something I picked up on myself, but I've only seen the episode once.
[close]

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

I don't watch the Star Wars cartoons, or read the comic books, or novels, so I know nothing about this Ahsoka, but she feels like a true iconic Star Wars character.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 27, 2020, 05:28:47 PM
I don't watch the Star Wars cartoons, or read the comic books, or novels, so I know nothing about this Ahsoka, but she feels like a true iconic Star Wars character.

One of my favorite things about this episode too is that, apart from her mention of
Spoiler
Thrawn
[close]
Her appearance here doesn't feel like it relies on knowing TCW and Rebels. It is enhanced by knowing those stories, but even without them, you get the sense that she is this ronin Jedi on a mission of her own that just happens to intersect with Mando's at this moment in time. They played off of one another incredibly well, I'd day.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Every time I watch an episode of this series it seems to be better than the previous one as I draw comparisons with other great Star Wars installments. This show is a miracle 🤩

Spoiler
Yes. That iconic name at the end is promising and makes me wonder if we'll see the continuation of Ahsoka's arc in this series, or in the rupored spin-off.

Also, Ahsoka tells Djarin that he must take Grogu to the planet Tython. I used to play The Old Republic years ago, so I guess it's the same place, just canonical and millennia later  :laugh:

He won't be so adorable if this happens, but I wonder if we'll see adult Grogu in any future installments. Maybe Rian Johnson's post-sequel trilogy.

It's just that everything seems to get bigger with each episode. Mando and Gideon's story sometimes looks small in comparison. I guess Baby Yoda is going to choose his path in the final episode of the season.

And Yup. As NA has pointed out, there was a nice balance between Japanese and Western cinema, which was beyond amazing  8)
[close]

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2020, 05:32:14 PM
Spoiler
you get the sense that she is this ronin Jedi on a mission of her own that just happens to intersect with Mando's at this moment in time.
[close]

Spoiler
That's a good way of describing the impression I got from her storyline in this episode without knowing her backstory from other media.

This episode also pretty much fortifies they will never separate Grogu from The Mandalorian. The bulk of the series has been leading up to Djarin delivering Grogu to a Jedi. Now that he finally has, he's now tasked with delivering Grogu to some other unknown Jedi. At Tython, I suspect the Mandalorian will be given yet another quest, keeping his little green orphan by his side.

I don't consider that an issue unless they just endlessly send him off on quests to keep him paired with Grogu. For lack of a better way to describe it, perhaps a formal adoption so to speak would be in order and be done with it. Then the series can move along as The Adventures of Djarin of Grogu without the intent of unloading Grogu onto some other future character.

Not to mention since it took 50 years for Grogu to even reach toddler age, they can keep him the adorable little creature that the whole viewing world has fallen in love with, throughout the span of the series.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 27, 2020, 12:09:56 PM
I am very pleased with how well she translated into live action.

Spoiler
[close]

Although it's a bit of a continuity flub, I was pleased to see that they went with the shorter montrals from TCW versus the exaggerated "adult" ones she had in Rebels.  Then again, Rebels was notorious about exaggerating the proportions of things so maybe this is just how they were always supposed to look.

And now I want to see a spinoff about her own quest, especially if it means seeing a live-action you-know-who.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 27, 2020, 06:55:57 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2020, 05:32:14 PM
Spoiler
you get the sense that she is this ronin Jedi on a mission of her own that just happens to intersect with Mando's at this moment in time.
[close]

Spoiler
Not to mention since it took 50 years for Grogu to even reach toddler age, they can keep him the adorable little creature that the whole viewing world has fallen in love with, throughout the span of the series.
[close]

Spoiler
I might be wrong, but given what was mentioned in this episode, I think they're leaning into the implication that Grogu's aging process was actually a bit stunted after Order 66/the end of the Clone Wars, since everything between then and his time with Din is essentially a big gap in his memory.
[close]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 27, 2020, 06:59:04 PM
Although it's a bit of a continuity flub, I was pleased to see that they went with the shorter montrals from TCW versus the exaggerated "adult" ones she had in Rebels.  Then again, Rebels was notorious about exaggerating the proportions of things so maybe this is just how they were always supposed to look.

Yeah, I definitely just took that as the "real" live action version vs the "stylized" animated version; it just happens to seem a little odd initially here because until today, this character has only existed in animation for the last twelve years. With Bo-Katan, she basically just looked like Katee Sackhoff anyways, so that was a more literal translation.

Unrelated point:

Spoiler
Now that Din has a lightsaber-resistant Beskar spear, he has a formidable enough weapon to bring into battle against Gideon with the Darksaber.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This episode also felt like a deliberate restoration of the broadest strokes from the old post-ROTJ EU:

Spoiler
Thrawn is alive and out there doing some shit of his own while the resurrected Palpatine is off on some hidden world quietly rebuilding his forces so he can take back the galaxy.  It's the Thrawn trilogy then Dark Empire all over again.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed