All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,838,731 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 22, 2020, 03:22:17 PM
Stepping away from the experiments for a moment, one thing that I am very excited to see play out next episode is...

Spoiler
A temporary detour in style from the American Western/Japanese Samurai flavor that has dominated the series into something that is almost certainly going to have a more European Fantasy style. Filoni has been very open about his love for Tolkien and it seems to have been an explicit influence on Rebels and, in particular, Ahsoka's arc in that series.

A conversation between Ahsoka and Din on their philosophies and outlooks has the potential to be something truly fascinating, as does an unspoken bond through the Force between Ahsoka and the Child. All of this until, of course, Gideon shows up to ruin their day.

I'm sure Ahsoka is going to insist that the Child stays with Din rather than with her. Din and the Child have a lot they can learn from one another (it is a very symbiotic relationship, as Lucas would call it), and Ahsoka, seeing through the Jedi doctrines of old, would recognize better than anyone that there should be more than just the rigid Jedi training structue of the Prequel era at play in helping to mold the next generation of Force users.
[close]

I hope so! There are so many great possibilities regarding that  8)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 22, 2020, 04:58:25 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 22, 2020, 04:49:28 AM
I don't necessarily like this

Spoiler
but what if they are failed clones of Palpatine. And there is already a "successful" clone, which is dying anyway and needs blood from a force-sencitive being with a large number of midichlorians.
[close]

Per the Wookieepedia:

QuoteThe Sith Eternal strove to prevent their master from dying again, and resorted to the science of gene splicing in hopes of building a more suitable vessel for his dark essence. Their experiments led to the creation of various artificial genetic constructs, known as strandcasts, such as Supreme Leader Snoke as well as the Emperor's cloned son, who sired a natural-born Force-sensitive daughter called Rey. None of their endeavors succeeded in producing a viable host for Sidious' soul, however, and he was forced to rely on life support machinery in order to survive.

So you may be on to something.

I'm pretty sure Jon Favreau (or Carl Weathers) played Jedi Outcast.

"Kyle and Jan travel to Artus Prime, a mining colony turned into an Imperial stronghold, where the miners have been enslaved and experimented upon."

"Desann, a former student at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum, was a Dark Jedi allied to Admiral Galak Fyyar, one of the Imperial Remnant's many warlords.

Both were key to the creation of the Reborn—an army of warriors artificially imbued with the Force".

Reborn

I wonder why Palpatine didn't try to clone Anakin in order to inahbit his body. After all, he was one of force-sensitive beings with more midichlorians in the galaxy. It's Over 9000! not even yoda has that  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 22, 2020, 10:46:06 PM

I think it's more likely that Dave Filoni did.  He's also a self-admitted KOTOR fanboy, according to rumor (I don't have a citation handy).

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 22, 2020, 10:46:06 PMI wonder why Palpatine didn't try to clone Anakin in order to inahbit his body. After all, he was one of force-sensitive beings with more midichlorians in the galaxy. It's Over 9000! not even yoda has that  :laugh:

He apparently can't even clone himself reliably so it must be a lot more complicated than that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I'm definitely inclined to say that any and all KotOR material that is brought into canon is Filoni's doing, at least up to this point where there has not yet been a "canon" narrative actually set in that era.

Moraband (a canon take on KotOR's Korriban) and Darth Bane in The Clone Wars:

To that, I will add that I absolutely adore the Darth Bane design in TCW, with his mask that is obviously intended to be evocative of Vader's own helmet, albeit with a much more ancient styling.

Then there's Malachor in Rebels:

And Rebels offers the potential implication that the crossguard lightsabers date back to that era, given that Ezra finds this among the wreckage of an ancient Jedi vs Sith battle that happened on the planet:

There's the Krayt Dragon pearl in The Mandalorian:

And all of the talk in The Mandalorian about the ancient battles between Mandalorians and Jedi "Sorcerers" in ages past, which is even visually represented in murals on Mandalore in The Clone Wars:

And while not from the KotOR games, the Darksaber is an invention of George Lucas' for The Clone Wars that spans all three series and can be traced back to Tarre Vizsla, the first Mandalorian Jedi, which is would make it a relic of the Old Republic era:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bane is flat out wearing space samurai armor in that pic.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 23, 2020, 12:11:42 AM
Bane is flat out wearing space samurai armor in that pic.

Yep. 8)

The outline of his face/mask is what really sells the design for me.

And of course, because it essentially amounts to nothing more than a vision (since the Sith aren't actually able to retain themselves after death the way that the Jedi can), that still leaves a lot of leeway on elements of the design should they ever actually decide to explore that era on screen and showcase Bane in the flesh.

Also of note, Mark Hamill voiced Bane in that episode of TCW. :D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nah, Sith just clone themselves and pull entire fleets out of thin air.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 23, 2020, 12:15:49 AM
Nah, Sith just clone themselves and pull entire fleets out of thin air.

It was a secret military build-up, not unlike what happened leading up to the Clone Wars.  It's a Star Wars tradition.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 22, 2020, 11:10:02 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 22, 2020, 10:46:06 PM

I think it's more likely that Dave Filoni did.  He's also a self-admitted KOTOR fanboy, according to rumor (I don't have a citation handy).

Thanks to the stars it's like this  8)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 22, 2020, 11:10:02 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 22, 2020, 10:46:06 PMI wonder why Palpatine didn't try to clone Anakin in order to inahbit his body. After all, he was one of force-sensitive beings with more midichlorians in the galaxy. It's Over 9000! not even yoda has that  :laugh:

He apparently can't even clone himself reliably so it must be a lot more complicated than that.

Perhaps I am viewing it very comfortably from the eyes of the Kaminoans. But it's one thing to clone a non force-sencitive bounty hunter, and another is to clone the Emperor; let alone the chosen one. It must require a type of supernatural bioengineering like the techniques of the Sith Eternal, the secrets of Darth Plaguies, etc.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 23, 2020, 12:03:37 AM
Then there's Malachor in Rebels:

It's fascinating that Jon Favreau is canonizing legends from Kotor. Better than J.J Abrams's Easter egg: Revan legion in the Sith Eternal  :laugh:

I prefer the non-canon Malachor.

However there is something very appealing in the official one  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 23, 2020, 01:33:22 AM

You know, the second I hit the "post" button, something in me told me you were going to post these comparisons. :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 23, 2020, 01:35:01 AM

You know, the second I hit the "post" button, something in me told me you were going to post these comparisons. :D

You know me very well or I am very predictable at this point  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 23, 2020, 01:40:24 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 23, 2020, 01:35:01 AM

You know me very well or I am very predictable at this point  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

SM

SM

Is Bane based on Casey Jones form TMNT?

Or is Grievous based on Bane?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Nov 23, 2020, 04:19:55 AM
Is Bane based on Casey Jones form TMNT?

I'll let you know if a glowy hockey stick comes out of his lightsaber hilt if he ever pulls one out.

T Dog

T Dog

[/quote]

Wait but, how the hell is Palpatine alive in ROS if not a clone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed