Ridley Scott Talks Prequels

Started by Darkness, Jun 14, 2010, 06:57:52 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prequels (Read 8,581 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Ridley Scott was answering questions in LA during the Hero Complex Film Festival on Sunday. The Alien Prequels came up, of course. You can find a report on AICN. Here’s the main points. Beware, some spoilers.

• The scripts for both Prequels are complete.
  • You’ll find out who the Space Jockey is and where he originally came from.
  • The Prequel will go further into terraforming and focus on the reality of what it takes to leave for another planet.
  • Ridley Scott also implied that the the Space Jockey isn’t a creature itself, it’s a suit with a being inside.
  • Collider also posted their report and mentioned that he had done a lot of underwater research for the movies.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

"Ridley Scott also implied that the the Space Jockey isn't a creature itself, it's a suit with a being inside."
Kinda saw this one coming ages ago, probably an idea Scott derived from Indepedance Day.  Ok that's fine... so long is the guy in the suit wasn't human the whole time, lol.

gyro

gyro

2 movies very nice

Corey1

Corey1

"Ridley Scott also implied that the the Space Jockey isn't a creature itself, it's a suit with a being inside."

OMG

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Sounds cool. If both scripts are complete, does that mean they're going to start casting soon?

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

These are going to completely destroy those comics featuring space jocks...  Im so happy :)

Alien³

Alien³

Sweet, I'm slowly warming to the idea that we're going to learn more about the space jockeys.

Ephemeriis

Ephemeriis

Didn't we already kind of know the Space Jockey was a suit?

I thought it was described as having an air hose, not a trunk.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

if the great twist was that there was a human inside the whole time I will kill everyone.

frostedone

frostedone

Cool! This is awesome. Finally the mystery of the Jockey will be revealed!

Dallas001

Dallas001

I wonder who will be doing the creature fx. I hope with Giger and Stan Winston/Legacy FX they can do it. Otherwise we will get the cheap ADI looking stuff again.

Space Disc Jockey

"...Excellent!"

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

a Suit... i didnt know suits had bones... it was f'ing fosilized...

TerminatorRoyce

Maybe these suits are bio-mechanoid things.. Or am I wrong?

Goji62

Goji62

Hey, Kimarhi, start with yourself.  Still, you are right in one way -  that would be horrible.  GrimyGhost - VERY good point.  It WAS fossilized, according to on screen dialogue!  And it's ribs were burst outward...  There was no sign of ribs within ribs, but you know, if the creature inside was permanently inside, I could forgive a bit.  It was grown into the chair, after all...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed