Celebrate Predator: Hunting Grounds' One Year Anniversary release update!

Started by Voodoo Magic, Apr 29, 2021, 03:55:22 PM

Author
Celebrate Predator: Hunting Grounds' One Year Anniversary release update! (Read 5,111 times)

SuperiorIronman

I was kind of baffled this even happened but I guess if they're going to work on things until someone from legal says no then that's great.

I do like the cosmetics put in. We've been asking awhile for the mask on Dutch's shoulder and I'm surprised it wasn't tied to a Predator. You'd think they'd release who that Predator was beyond getting its mask but I definitely appreciate it. Mr.Black is also a good one given that we've been waiting on him for awhile so it's nice to have at least gotten something even if they should just get him out already. The only one I'm questioning is City Hunter's breather given it wasn't actually a helmet and was asked for as a gear item. I do like it but I wish they'd actually made it gear.

I definitely like the map but I don't know if the buff to the disc is enough to make me want to use it.

bendinglight

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 29, 2021, 05:01:01 PM
Now I won't be on until tonight to confirm, but it seems if you bought all the DLCs individually, you will have to buy them all over again to get these three very cool masks, or wait until they're free in December?

Old King Hamlet mentioned on the PHG forum that they will be free sometime from now until December, not specifically being free in December. Given how the past updates have gone, they will probably be free in June. So no need to worry about waiting 7 months for the masks to be free to all.

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 29, 2021, 06:25:49 PM
This turned out quite well, especially happy that it's now on Steam.
However, its not cheap - 40 EUR for base game and the 50 EUR Predator Bundle doesn't even include the human DLC-s.
Also, unclear if my Epic Account progress would migrate over to Steam? Probably not though and that's fine, I'm just level 28.

Progression does not transfer from platform to platform.

Wweyland

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 30, 2021, 06:11:11 PM
Progression does not transfer from platform to platform.
That's fine, already at level 9 after a few games. The progress didn't transfer but my knowledge and skills from the game did.
Really loving the achievements and having this in the library next to the AvP games, Alien: Isolation and A:CM.
Is the Steam version also cross-plaftorm? Noticed in the last game it had only other Steam players.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 30, 2021, 08:35:38 PM
Is the Steam version also cross-plaftorm? Noticed in the last game it had only other Steam players.

It is. If you go to the options and turn it on it will prompt you to link your Epic account. After that crossplay will work (presumably across all three platforms). Note that it won't actually require the Epic Launcher to be running, just a once-off account link.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 30, 2021, 04:19:57 PM
The only one I'm questioning is City Hunter's breather given it wasn't actually a helmet and was asked for as a gear item. I do like it but I wish they'd actually made it gear.

Yeah, while it's cool on one hand, it is a little odd installing a tri-beam target laser in the breather and using it as a bio-mask. I guess it comes with a pair of Hicks' Predator Vision contact lenses.  :laugh:

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 30, 2021, 06:11:11 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 29, 2021, 05:01:01 PM
Now I won't be on until tonight to confirm, but it seems if you bought all the DLCs individually, you will have to buy them all over again to get these three very cool masks, or wait until they're free in December?

Old King Hamlet mentioned on the PHG forum that they will be free sometime from now until December, not specifically being free in December. Given how the past updates have gone, they will probably be free in June. So no need to worry about waiting 7 months for the masks to be free to all.

I hope it's June for those who are waiting, and not August or October.

But I couldn't wait personally. Plus I really wanted to support the game....

SizzyBubbles

Yes. Support the game  ;D

Not to be a total fanboi, but that Mr. Black bio tho.

Galactus123

This update sounds great. I really want that Mr. Black mask but I'm not going to buy the DLCs again. I hope we get full Celtic Predator at some point and not just a mask.

Voodoo Magic

Per Illfonic on Mr. Black's bio, the CH Breather, and Dutch 2025's shoulder bio-mask:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed