Smallville rip-offs Predator

Started by crypto84, May 16, 2007, 08:36:43 PM

Author
Smallville rip-offs Predator (Read 4,556 times)

crypto84

crypto84

A couple of my friends came back from the US yesterday and they recorded the latest episode of Smallville which aired there last week. Me being a fan of Smallville I watched it and the villian of the episode cloaks (just like the predator) and sees in thermal vision (just like predator). It wasn't like the thermal vision in AVP, it was modern but at the same time it had the same type of look as the predator thermal vision. I have no idea why the writers of smallville would put that into a villian for this episode, either they are running out of ideas for the show or they are big fans of the predator films and it was a tribute to it. What do you guys think?

Its Game Time

I dont know, but all i know is, Predator's cool and Smallville Sucks

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Its Game Time on May 16, 2007, 09:10:15 PM
I dont know, but all i know is, Predator's cool and Smallville Sucks

lol...the producers are probably fans of Predator.  That or they don't think people who like Predator are fans of smallville and wouldn't find out and talk about them on a AVP forum  ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

They just put that because he's some kind of super soldier, and i guess they said "hey might as well give all these sort of upgrades" i don't see why they think thermal vision would help out but hey whatever.

crypto84

crypto84

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 16, 2007, 09:23:17 PM
They just put that because he's some kind of super soldier, and i guess they said "hey might as well give all these sort of upgrades" i don't see why they think thermal vision would help out but hey whatever.

Maybe the thermal vision who be for missions that would take place after dark or looking for secret underground bases or whatever. I understand the story of the episode so I guess the writers see predator as an inspiration for that episode. After Predator along with Alien have inspired alot of writers of movies and tv shows and put their own take of it.

Darkness

Darkness

I saw that ep last week though it didn't really remind me of Predator. The invisibility thing has been done before on Smallville. Plus the vision looked completely different to Predator. Didn't like it that much.

The thing with Clark firing from his eyes in slow motion was great. Shame the fight didn't go on longer.

Goro

Goro

Smallville used to be cool, cheap Pred rip offs just show how down that SHow is going.

Time it gets pulled off the air.

crypto84

crypto84

Quote from: Darkness on May 17, 2007, 03:35:08 PM
I saw that ep last week though it didn't really remind me of Predator. The invisibility thing has been done before on Smallville. Plus the vision looked completely different to Predator. Didn't like it that much.

The thing with Clark firing from his eyes in slow motion was great. Shame the fight didn't go on longer.

I saw it again earlier and even though it was different from predator there were simularities, I liked the heat vision in slow motion and I was dissapointed that the fight didn't last long but maybe it did and it got cut out. I do remember the invisibility thing in an earlier season but every time I see an invisibilty thing on a movie or tv show it reminds of predator in some way becasue predator was the first invisibilty thing I seen on screen and thought it looked cool.

Quote from: Goro on May 17, 2007, 03:58:16 PM
Smallville used to be cool, cheap Pred rip offs just show how down that SHow is going.

Time it gets pulled off the air.

I think the show still has one more season left since the ratings have been good this year but if it goes past a seventh season then it should end because we all know what happend to the X-Files and even loyal fans of the show would want it to end.

Darkness

Darkness

I think the jump-the-shark moment for me is when they killed Jonathan Kent off in S5. That's when the series catapulted downwards.

The episode with Lana finding out Clark's secret the other month was a big turning point in the series. Hopefully, Seven will be the last one. I heard the guy who plays Lex Luthor is leaving after next season.

crypto84

crypto84

I hated it when Jonathan Kent was killed off but in most versions of Superman his death is one of the reasons why Clark becomes Superman, of course Jor-el also has something to do with it as well.

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

Well they should predator against super man to see which species wins super man's screw up race or the yautja now that is what i call cool

crypto84

crypto84

Quote from: Jungle Hunter on May 17, 2007, 07:07:46 PM
Well they should predator against super man to see which species wins super man's screw up race or the yautja now that is what i call cool

DC and Dark Horse have been releasing a comic book series call Superman/Batman vs Aliens/Predator in recent months but I'm not a comic book fan so I have no idea what the plot is, but I imagine they are a few comic book fans on this forum that may have read them.

SiL

SiL

They did just Superman vs. Predator, whcih I rather liked.

Goro

Goro

Quote from: crypto84 on May 17, 2007, 07:03:01 PM
most versions of Superman his death is one of the reasons why Clark becomes Superman, of course Jor-el also has something to do with it as well.

Not in the official source material. Pa Kent still lives in the DC comics, and the animated series.

He was even alive in the old Dean Cain TV show for along time after Clark was superman.

So two TV shows, and the official source material he is alive, I don't see how in most of it he is dead.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

They ripped off Saw too.
It's a rip off show. Used to be cool. The last episode I saw was with the asylum.

Speaking of asylums, off topic, who thinks asylum studios should make the next alien/predator? They made a decent War of the Worlds...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed