AVP encyclopedia

Started by Mr. Weyland, Dec 12, 2006, 07:55:48 PM

Author
AVP encyclopedia (Read 7,785 times)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

The avp encyclopedia is up and running (nearly), Froberg the host of the site is asking for anyone who can help him fill in some gaps for the site.

Anyone interested can contact him at this address froberg@404forums.net

or go to the main avp encyclopedia site at this address www.avpoe.com

Darkness

Darkness

I think he definitely needs to sort the design and coulours out ASAP.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Hes only just got it working, it used to be up and running sometime ago but something a went wrong and he lost about 60 something percent of the site.  :o

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Colours definitely need to be soughted out.

Sara

Sara

Colors will be straightened out as soon as I fix up something on my own forum. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I remember threads on this back when I ran AvPNews. I love the idea and can't wait to see the site get a well deserved face lift.

carlp06

carlp06

Doesnt luk bad so far.Needs a touch more colour.

Don99

Don99

I agree nice start. Is it possbile to set it up so that other people could help by submitting aritcles, pix or pages like wikipedia?

Just a thought.

Darkness

Darkness

He's porting it over to MediaWiki but only selected people will be allowed to edit it.

Harry72

Harry72

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 21, 2007, 06:35:30 PM
He's porting it over to MediaWiki but only selected people will be allowed to edit it.

That's a good answer, because it's better for the quality of the entries.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Don99 on Jan 21, 2007, 06:33:06 PM
I agree nice start. Is it possbile to set it up so that other people could help by submitting aritcles, pix or pages like wikipedia?

Just a thought.

I had wanted one for Galaxy but Darkness wasn't interested. Nevermind though. Like said, Encylopedia is gonna be becoming a Wiki - but you'll have to ask Froberg and Sara if you're interested in doing some editing.

Harry72

Harry72

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2007, 09:00:25 PM
I had wanted one for Galaxy but Darkness wasn't interested. Nevermind though. Like said, Encylopedia is gonna be becoming a Wiki - but you'll have to ask Froberg and Sara if you're interested in doing some editing.

I agree with Darkness. I think a good fansite with sturdy informations is better than wiki.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Harry72 on Jan 21, 2007, 09:05:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2007, 09:00:25 PM

I agree with Darkness. I think a good fansite with sturdy informations is better than wiki.

I had a lot of good reasons against it.  :P I think a wiki is good for a site that's based around that concept but not for an already established site like this one.

Harry72

Harry72

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 21, 2007, 09:28:13 PM

I had a lot of good reasons against it.  :P I think a wiki is good for a site that's based around that concept but not for an already established site like this one.

Indeed !  wiki is not quality !  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ahem. Memory Alpha, Battlestar Wiki, Lost Wiki. You'll find Wikipedia comprise of some of the best websites on the internet and once the AvP Encyclopedia is online, you'll see just how good it'll be. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed