New viral video: "Our family is growing"

Started by JaaayDee, Mar 17, 2012, 07:14:02 PM

Author
New viral video: "Our family is growing" (Read 33,171 times)

aliennaire

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 17, 2012, 07:36:59 PM
Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 17, 2012, 07:23:12 PM
Looks like the commercial for David 7  :P
David 8.
"Right", their last model!

The way Prometheus promo team more and more infiltrates film's environment into our reality is simply amazing!

JaaayDee

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 17, 2012, 09:31:09 PM
I think there will forever be something disturbing about a man shrink-wrapped in plastic suddenly moving with a quick jerk.

But he's not a man, he's an android, and people in the future will know that and be in awe about how real it looks.

MrSpaceJockey

Well, it seems that reports from the live panels say that David "ominously says" "Big things have small beginnings" in the trailer. That confirms it.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Mar 17, 2012, 09:40:39 PM
Well, it seems that reports from the live panels say that David "ominously says" "Big things have small beginnings" in the trailer. That confirms it.

Nice timing with that David 8 commercial.

And the implications of a robot connecting a larger real life scenario to some pre-programmed advertising catch phrase that resides somewhere in his earliest programing ... is master stroke.

EEV-2501

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 17, 2012, 09:38:19 PM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 17, 2012, 07:36:59 PM
Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 17, 2012, 07:23:12 PM
Looks like the commercial for David 7  :P
David 8.
"Right", their last model!

The way Prometheus promo team more and more infiltrates film's environment into our reality is simply amazing!
Usually I'm not an absolute fan of Viral Promo but the campaign for Prometheus is great.

dembones

I love how he jerks shortly after the blood flows. It's recalls a newborn having to breathe  after the the cord is cut.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: JaaayDee on Mar 17, 2012, 09:40:00 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 17, 2012, 09:31:09 PM
I think there will forever be something disturbing about a man shrink-wrapped in plastic suddenly moving with a quick jerk.

But he's not a man, he's an android, and people in the future will know that and be in awe about how real it looks.
I've gotta agree with this. It seems it would bring words such as "stunning", "haunting", and possibly even "beautiful" to mind as opposed to terror. Especially after previous models, this one displays the pinnacle of innovation for them. As soon as I saw the video was meant to be a commercial, I tried to get myself into the mindset of somebody that far in the future, and when that happened it stuck with me in a very odd way... like an mesh between organic life and something created on an assembly line.

Bottom line, I found this fascinating.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 19, 2012, 12:33:15 AM
Bottom line, I found this fascinating.

I found it Fassbender.

josh_axey

Feels kind of morbid to me. Packing a nearly living this in a bag with Styrofoam blocks lol.
I get a very "Aperture Science" vibe from it.

Just imagining the end of the unpacking process.

"Hello, I am David. Could you please remove the Styrofoam blocks from my face?"
"Thanks a bunch, pal."

Cvalda

How much ya think a David model android would cost? I'd pay top dollar. ;D

SM

If I was WI I'd fire their advertising arm.

They want people to buy them - not get creeped the f**k out!!

RoaryUK

[/quote]
I've gotta agree with this. It seems it would bring words such as "stunning", "haunting", and possibly even "beautiful" to mind as opposed to terror. Especially after previous models, this one displays the pinnacle of innovation for them. As soon as I saw the video was meant to be a commercial, I tried to get myself into the mindset of somebody that far in the future, and when that happened it stuck with me in a very odd way... like an mesh between organic life and something created on an assembly line.
[/quote]

What do you mean my this (highlighted) exactly?  David was the first model, Ash, Bishop and Call all came after...or do you mean earlier models of David, as stated in the Weyland timeline, which is fair enough?? 

josh_axey

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 04:51:15 AM

I don't they can be used for that.

Or can they? :-X

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2012, 04:56:42 AM
If I was WI I'd fire their advertising arm.

They want people to buy them - not get creeped the f**k out!!

Agreed. :laugh:

ChrisPachi

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 19, 2012, 05:09:47 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 04:51:15 AM
I don't they can be used for that.
Or can they? :-X

Did Ash have genitals? You decide. ;)

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 05:14:26 AM
Did Ash have genitals? You decide. ;)
Thanks for that image. >:(
:P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed