Best non-Predator pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 11, 2016, 11:05:18 AM

Author
Best non-Predator pictures (Read 90,438 times)

Kradan

Kradan

It's not so much about movie having comedy in it - it's about when and how much you use it. In Predator only Hawkins (who accidentally dies first) making  pussy jokes, in The Predator pretty much everybody trying one up one another in being funny. In Predator as soon as creature makes itself known all jokes are dropped and everybody is dead serious, in The Predator creature is reffered to as "Alien Whoopi Goldberg ".

I might enjoy it, but the way comedy is used in The Predator is very different from the original

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 03, 2021, 12:03:33 PMToo me, that doesn't equate. As ridiculous as it is, the minigun is played straight. Don't think comedy, think comic booky, with a cool name fired by a cool character.

Sorry, but I don't see a difference. Hefting a minigun like that is 100% dumb, and the film clearly knows it given how it's played with during the jungle camp assault. That's not to say it isn't also really cool - but it is stupid, and I find it very comical pretty much whenever it's on screen.

It's like the cheesy cast call at the end of the movie - that shit's hilarious.

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 03, 2021, 03:21:42 PMIt's not so much about movie having comedy in it - it's about when and how much you use it.

That's fair, but that's not the argument I was criticising. It's not the people saying they didn't like the comedy or how it was implemented, it's the people who lambast The Predator for even having comedy in it, and I'm like, have you even seen the first movie?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 04, 2021, 09:55:17 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 03, 2021, 12:03:33 PMToo me, that doesn't equate. As ridiculous as it is, the minigun is played straight. Don't think comedy, think comic booky, with a cool name fired by a cool character.

Sorry, but I don't see a difference. Hefting a minigun like that is 100% dumb, and the film clearly knows it given how it's played with during the jungle camp assault. That's not to say it isn't also really cool - but it is stupid, and I find it very comical pretty much whenever it's on screen.

It's like the cheesy cast call at the end of the movie - that shit's hilarious.

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 03, 2021, 03:21:42 PMIt's not so much about movie having comedy in it - it's about when and how much you use it.

That's fair, but that's not the argument I was criticising. It's not the people saying they didn't like the comedy or how it was implemented, it's the people who lambast The Predator for even having comedy in it, and I'm like, have you even seen the first movie?

And there's your answer. They have seen the first movie. And generally people aren't seeing things like the cast of characters like you and cracking up laughing and taking it as comedy.

It's never made me laugh once. It just makes me smile and feel good about the characters.

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah,  I would never call original Predator a comedy even if it does have comedic elements in it

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 04, 2021, 09:55:17 AM

I get what you mean now. Can't say I've personally seen people bashing the movie specifically for that bur I see your point

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Being fortunate enough to see Predator opening weekend in a theater in 1987 as a little kid, and the whole experience for me was so memorable, after the second p*ssy joke (where I was worried about my mom getting pissed off) the only time my audience laughed was after the "you're one ugly mother f*cker" line. As someone who liked to look at people's reactions, people looked tense. After credits started rolling after the cast of characters, the audience started filing out and were getting up looking pretty somber.

Master Chief

Master Chief

"Time to let Old Painless out the bag" is a perfect line to reveal and absolute beast.  Blaine's response...

just as cool.  8)

Quote from: SiL on Oct 03, 2021, 01:50:48 AM
Mac cutting loose with it does it for me. The score dropping out and giving way to the roar of the gun always gives me chills.
Oh Yeah! I can just hear this gif!

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Another picture of Van Damme in an unpainted original Predator costume.  Sorry if this has been posted before.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 29, 2021, 11:36:28 PM
Another picture of Van Damme in an unpainted original Predator costume.  Sorry if this has been posted before.

Nice! I'll have to check my archive but I don't believe I've seen this one. Thanks for posting it!

Kradan

Kradan

Looks like poor Van Damme would've had hard time standing up let alone moving in the damn thing

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 30, 2021, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 29, 2021, 11:36:28 PM

Nice! I'll have to check my archive but I don't believe I've seen this one. Thanks for posting it!

Sweet.  I've only seen a few Van Damme Predator pictures and I can't remember where I got this from originally.  My original picture archive accidentally got wiped.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Arnold Schwarzenegger with Sven-Ole Thorsen.

Master

Master

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 05, 2021, 07:38:58 PM

Great! They also played together  in The Running Man.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 11:29:14 AM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 05, 2021, 07:38:58 PM

Great! They also played together  in The Running Man.

Much more than that. :) They've been in a lot of movies together, starting with....

Master

Master

True. I just like The Running Man allot.

426Buddy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed