Why Snake Predator has short dreadlocks?

Started by (Bad Blood), Mar 10, 2023, 03:57:16 AM

Author
Why Snake Predator has short dreadlocks? (Read 3,953 times)

The Saint

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Mar 10, 2023, 03:57:16 AMHello, I'm curious, why does Snake Predator/shadow Predator have shorter dreadlocks than other predators? Is it because he is a teen predator or because he has slow growing ones or some predator dreadlock disorder? Just curious if it's explained somewhere. Thanks!

He's a Feminist!

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 20, 2023, 09:29:04 PM
Quote from: Master on Mar 20, 2023, 05:35:02 PMOr Dorman's spikes!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BS2Jq79_aeg/TkAERfu63rI/AAAAAAAAAno/_rKmRSFzwLQ/s1600/predart12uk0.jpg
I don't like the wrist blade tail
Quote from: Master on Mar 20, 2023, 09:39:04 PMI don't like mace tail of AvP-R predalien.
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 20, 2023, 09:40:39 PMI don't like the AVPR Predalien in general
Too organic
No Predator traits aside from the hair and the mandibles which are essentially glued onto the design

Looks more like a cross of the newborn with the queen, but with hair and predator mandibles ordered off wish

I don't like Predators in my Alien universe full stop 😂

Corporal Hicks

It annoys me in their separate franchises - ask me about how much I love Aliens in Predator: Concrete Jungle - but as part of the crossovers, a PredAlien always was and should have been involved. The design has just always struggled with.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2023, 08:51:25 AMIt annoys me in their separate franchises - ask me about how much I love Aliens in Predator: Concrete Jungle - but as part of the crossovers, a PredAlien always was and should have been involved. The design has just always struggled with.

I find it interesting that for all of the different designs of Xeno Kenner toys did, they never attempted a predalien... yet if I were to pick a predalien design I think would work, it'd be the look of Kenners Alien King (interestingly it has the mouth mandibles ) just lose the moving head parts and I think that'd work... I wonder if it was originally intended to have a predator host in its planning stage, as it certainly looks the part.

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2023, 08:51:25 AMIt annoys me in their separate franchises - ask me about how much I love Aliens in Predator: Concrete Jungle - but as part of the crossovers, a PredAlien always was and should have been involved. The design has just always struggled with.

That's the whole point right? The Predalien should be a focus and main star of AvP. That was my biggest gripe with AvP 2004 back in the day, that we only got a glimpse of Predalien chestburster in the last scene of the film.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Master on Mar 25, 2023, 01:30:23 PM

That's the whole point right? The Predalien should be a focus and main star of AvP. That was my biggest gripe with AvP 2004 back in the day, that we only got a glimpse of Predalien chestburster in the last scene of the film.

I kinda get what you guys are saying, the concept of a predalien makes complete sense in the crossover. But then I think back to the early 90s (what I consider the 'golden age' of the franchise), and Aliens vs Predator worked perfectly fine in its own video game/arcade game/comic books series without the predalien - as cool as it is to see one, to a degree, I think it kinda knocks the balance and undermines each species in their own right. The Alien is the perfect organism, it didn't matter whether it was born from a human, an ox or a dog, the creature was still perfect in its own right... when we see a predalien, its always depicted as "bigger and stronger", and that doesn't sit well with me. It should be a standard xeno with traits of the host, differing only in appearance. The alien doesn't need a predator "to be better", which is how I feel they always push it. What it also does, is puts the predalien front and centre as the 'challenge' for the predator, and relegates 'regular xenos' to fodder. I think if I were to do an AvP movie, first and foremost, I'd handle it like a classic Alien movie (both tonally and aesthetically like the original Alien trilogy) - id take away the action/fight scenes and make it a horror (imagine scenes similar to Dallas in the ducts, with just the 'strobe effect' of a fan in the darkness, and seeing the distortion of a cloaked predator, like a ghost moving at the end of the vent...I think the predator could really add to the 'creep factor' as opposed to 'show it in its shining armour like a power ranger villain at every opportunity' like some of the newer entries prior to Prey do. I'd also make it just a single Predator, and a single Alien in the mix...no fodder. Human survival would be the focus of the story, with them putting together the pieces that there is more than one threat along they way. Any time the predator and xeno do encounter one another, id be handled in an 'Alien isolation' kind of way, with either one on the retreat from the other. I think I'd hold back on the predalien and show both individual species the respect they deserve...save a predalien for a future instalment (and even then, it'd be treated as a regular xenomorph, all but aesthetically)... but that's just my take. (sorry, I know this is going way off topic) :)

Corporal Hicks

I think for the first cinematic Alien vs. Predator outing, a PredAlien should have been in there. By the time we got the films, we'd had all these other comics and games and a very long legacy that had introduced the PredAlien into the lore. You're entirely right that many of those other AvP stories had been great without the hybrid but I think the expectation for the creature was there when it came to the film. I remember it being one of those questions on all the various fandom places back then (nearly said social media, I mean mailgroups and message boards and chat rooms).

I don't think we need a PredAlien in the next AvP. The next AvP just needs to be good.

Immortan Jonesy

Giger-like dreadlocks structures on the Predalien wouldn't be that bad though 👌😁

Just personal taste 😶👉👈

BlueMarsalis79

H.R Giger artwork does not inherently equal Alien, something that drives me nuts' when people talk about him in relation to the franchise acting like all his artwork's for it, that piece having imagery evocative of hair does not necessarily therefore translate into individual strands that move independently from the head for a start.

Immortan Jonesy

That's why I said personal taste haha 😅

BlueMarsalis79

It's not yourself specifically, just seeing the same patterns in Alien spaces a lot as late, WHERE'S THE FRESH MEAT?!

Spoiler
btw I just wanted to say you look stunning in your pfp
[close]

PredBabe

PredBabe

Meh, I think it's just alien hair... we've seen it grow all along their bodies in similar areas that you commonly see human hair grow (eyebrows, jawline, back, chest, stomach, maybe even on their ass for all we know).

As far as we can tell, it does absolutely nothing but hang there, changes color with age and they decorate it how they please. Chop it off and it might only bruise their egos over anything else.

Maybe chopping it off too short is some type of punishment and Snake's hair grew out since. Or maybe it's just Snake's style or breed.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 27, 2023, 09:21:55 AMI don't think we need a PredAlien in the next AvP. The next AvP just needs to be good.

I 100% back this statement! 😁👍

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2023, 09:54:37 AMGiger-like dreadlocks structures on the Predalien wouldn't be that bad though 👌😁

https://i.ibb.co/9nnmdjt/5e02c7cfaabfaf9b646dde3cce1b6a45.jpg
Just personal taste 😶👉👈
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 27, 2023, 10:14:29 AMH.R Giger artwork does not inherently equal Alien, something that drives me nuts' when people talk about him in relation to the franchise acting like all his artwork's for it, that piece having imagery evocative of hair does not necessarily therefore translate into individual strands that move independently from the head for a start.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the dreads on an Alien, I think there is a happy medium to be had between what both of you guys are saying that could work.. take this image for example;

Now I like the way the alien is biomechanical and even its head shape..I don't like the free hanging dreads... however, I feel that if you could 'tuck them under' tightly so they are joined, and become ringlets of the long tubing we often see on the side of xeno heads, because of how they join at the head it's still be tastefully xeno, but have enough 'visual callbacks to dreads' to satisfy those appreciating a predator aesthetic (if that makes sense? I could try photo edit it later to better demonstrate what I mean) 😊

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 27, 2023, 11:08:54 AM
Spoiler
btw I just wanted to say you look stunning in your pfp
[close]

Spoiler
Seconded!
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed