Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long

Started by seattle24, Nov 22, 2021, 09:57:55 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long (Read 26,193 times)

SiL

SiL

I find the ancient dead space of a Planet of the Vampires redux infinitely  more interesting than "humans are the most important thing anywhere you look".

Reducing the vastness and possibility of the cosmos to humans and human looking aliens and humanoid robots with human desires is about as dull and myopic as it gets.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Oct 02, 2022, 10:33:36 AMas dull and myopic as it gets.

That's what she said

SiL

BlueMarsalis79

I did say that. But some seem incapable of contributing anything but.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 02, 2022, 06:28:39 AMElephant man, Giger world and Earth war or GTFO. >:(

Nightmare Asylum

But Earth War explicitly didn't have a Giger world and just had the Aliens existing as part of some natural ecosystem where they weren't even at the top of the food chain.

Local Trouble

It doesn't have to be an adaptation of the comic.

OpenMaw

This is actually where I find the games did the best job.

There stuff is there to be found on distant worlds. Abandoned, ancient. Structures, machines, hints of culture, but nothing truly concrete. Were they nefarious? Were they benevolent? AVP 2 handled it the way I would have if it had been me running the "Where do we take the franchise from here" after Resurrection.

Local Trouble

Spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2022, 12:44:29 AMThe series didn't really hit its stride until we got the black goo.  That's what it always needed, but we just didn't know it.

(We've had a functional black goo since 1991)

SiL

You mean the jelly?

Kradan

Yes, he does. Tbh, I don't quite get the comparision @Corporal Hicks

Local Trouble

Are we going to get a version of Xeno-Zip with the black goo?  That could really turn this show into a raging success.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Oct 03, 2022, 07:07:43 PMYou mean the jelly?

Jelly?

Is this the stuff that they turned into space-steroids that started killing people in the comics?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed