Predator: Hunting Grounds Patch 2.11 & Holiday DLC Released

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2020, 03:52:21 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Patch 2.11 & Holiday DLC Released (Read 10,294 times)

Mike’s Monsters

I misread the announcement and thought Lynch was the free DLC. Nope. Now I see the frustration and confusion. I know he's a Predator fan and has spoken on it before. He used to do the battle pose, after scoring a goal, that Jungle Hunter does during the mask removal scene. But besides that, this one feels way out of left field. I like the guy, but not shelling the money out on this one. Just like 87 Dutch, I don't need him.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2020, 06:28:38 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Dec 08, 2020, 08:40:51 PM
The new OWLF character sounds cool though. I'm interested to see what sort of balancing they've done with him to counter him needing to never, or almost never, mud up. Maybe his health sucks or he moves really slowly? And some new weapons and gear, too! That's certainly more than I was expecting for this update, to be honest. Looking forward to trying out that plasma rifle.

I haven't had the chance to play, but from what I remember looking at yesterday, he had pretty low health? Not quite as low as the scout, but 2 bars maybe?

Yeah I played a few matches with him last night and that's totally what it is. Only 2 bars of health and can get knocked down fairly easily.

I'd like to know what his thermal signature looks like from the Predator's point of view, as the description is a little inconsistent with it's "he might not need to ever mud up" wording. Can he be seen or not? Gonna have to play some Predator matches and hopefully find out.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2020, 06:28:38 AMAnd that's if we even see one. And if we don't, I will just be so disappointed. I said when the game came out that 3 maps wasn't enough. And when I do play I don't see that new map that often. It needs a good drop of maps. So badly.

Yeah honestly with how long it took them to come out with this one new map (which as you say, often doesn't even show up) I'm not expecting one in the February update. I'd happily be proven wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up in that regard.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 09, 2020, 03:00:03 PMPlaying as one of the OWLF commandos was fun. And hot damn is that plasma rifle a blast to use. It just feels good using it.

That EMP mine I have to figure out however. I guess the Predator has to step on it? I need more time to figure it all out.

Yeah I really like the new rifle. The cooling reload is a nice change from the usual reloading.

The EMP mine seems like it has a really small radius to activate. I threw one on a rooftop early in a match, died later and watched the last player fighting the Predator on that same rooftop, really close to where I could still see my mine, and it never went off.

It feels like something that might be best to throw in doorways you know the Predator will have to run through in order to set it off because yeah, I've not had much luck with it either.

Mr.Turok

Lynch's health is actually 160, maybe you just were playing with a bad player?

Plasma rifle feels good to use, just not digging the fact that the weapon is the second weakest rifle out there when its supposed to be a high tech plasma rifle. With the addition of slow reloading times, the weapon almost makes it not worth using. Bad logistics going about here. I know someone can throw in a perk but I already do with Yautja bane and its still weakish. Needs a bit more buff, just one on par like the AK or somethin. I do love how it melts Stargazer people like nothing.

Kailem

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 09, 2020, 08:58:17 PM

It's the OWLF guy that has low health. I've not unlocked the DLC guy.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 09, 2020, 08:28:01 PM
I'd like to know what his thermal signature looks like from the Predator's point of view, as the description is a little inconsistent with it's "he might not need to ever mud up" wording. Can he be seen or not? Gonna have to play some Predator matches and hopefully find out.

A player posted this helpful nugget in one of the game's Facebook Groups.

Top, then left to right.

1. Nothing.
2. Mud
3. Ice Cold Perk.
4. Ice Cold Perk and Mud.

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 10, 2020, 06:01:20 PM

Top, then left to right.

1. Nothing.
2. Mud
3. Ice Cold Perk.

There is another post out there that shows the class being completely invisible when crouching with AmphibiousSpotter. Can't even see the FT member when not paying attention.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2020, 04:05:38 PM
*looks longingly at February for his big map drop instead*

I'm really pleased to see the new OWLF class and weapons (wtf to Beast Mode though  ??? ), but I was really hoping for a couple of maps. The lack of maps is still such a bad thing for this game.

There is another map that will be coming in 2021 (Airstrip is the name) but I agree - more maps are needed and having just a single map on the 'short term' release roadmap is not very encouraging.

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 09, 2020, 09:45:05 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 09, 2020, 08:58:17 PM

It's the OWLF guy that has low health. I've not unlocked the DLC guy.

OWLF has the same health as Recon.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 09, 2020, 03:00:03 PM

The rocket launcher? I have to test it more so the jury is still out with that one.

Playing as one of the OWLF commandos was fun. And hot damn is that plasma rifle a blast to use. It just feels good using it.

That EMP mine I have to figure out however. I guess the Predator has to step on it? I need more time to figure it all out.

The rocket launcher isn't viable when not using the specialization 'Unleashed'. Damage is pretty minor when not scoring a direct hit.

The plasma rifle isn't bad but not great, either. Be careful shooting that close range, though - it takes ~15% of your health away when shooting in close combat with the Pred.

Top, then left to right.

1. Nothing.
2. Mud
3. Ice Cold Perk.

Here is a link to what it looks like with Spotter perk while crouched. I had stated incorrectly that it was Amphibious perk.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/703366634546528397/786683120136355890/image0.png

Voodoo Magic

Wow, good to know bendinglight!  Thanks!!

Kradan

Top, then left to right.

1. Nothing.
2. Mud
3. Ice Cold Perk.

Predators aren't supposed to have Facebook - it's not in hunter's way !  >:(

Voodoo Magic

I think they use Snapchat now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed