Predator: Hunting Grounds Patch 2.11 & Holiday DLC Released

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2020, 03:52:21 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Patch 2.11 & Holiday DLC Released (Read 10,296 times)

seattle24

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2020, 04:05:38 PM
*looks longingly at February for his big map drop instead*

I'm really pleased to see the new OWLF class and weapons (wtf to Beast Mode though  ??? ), but I was really hoping for a couple of maps. The lack of maps is still such a bad thing for this game.

For returning users it needs about x4 new maps all at once, minimum  :-\ I haven't even returned to it since the one new addition. What's the point?

I appreciate resources and internal support is probably lessening, but the game cost £35 at launch. I know we're in a pandemic but I don't think the product is good enough... I'd pay for a map pack. Just give us some variety and use the assets the franchise can offer.

Gr33n M4n

Why Marshawn Lynch, of all players?

Kailem

Now that's an addition that's really out of left field. I recognise him from Conan O'Brien's Clueless Gamer Mortal Kombat X episode, and I hear he does the American sportsball too.

Cool for people who know and like him I guess, but not exactly something that's going to get me to shell out for him.

The new OWLF character sounds cool though. I'm interested to see what sort of balancing they've done with him to counter him needing to never, or almost never, mud up. Maybe his health sucks or he moves really slowly? And some new weapons and gear, too! That's certainly more than I was expecting for this update, to be honest. Looking forward to trying out that plasma rifle.

But yeah like Hicks said, they seriously need more maps. It's been one of the biggest flaws of the game since launch. Ultimately they can add as many new characters as they like, but unless they give us more maps it's still just going to feel like we're doing exactly the same things we've been doing a million times already; because we are.

Even the new map they put out the other month had some of the shine taken off of it by reusing so many mission objectives from other maps and only having a few that were unique to that one. It's just a shame it looks like it's going to be February at the earliest before we might see another one.

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 08, 2020, 04:09:24 PM
Not Ventura. Not Weathers. Not Busey or Glover or Brody or Braga. They bring in an American Football player who's not even universally liked by NFL football fans as the new DLC?

https://media.tenor.com/images/a8c4fd7cd865592d7855c7469f771ac4/tenor.gif

That sounds really stupid. It'd SUCK If they did something like that

Jesscobb

Predator in the fortnite game

Enjoy

This game is on tonights conan o brien show.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 08, 2020, 04:22:46 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2020, 04:11:30 PM
I genuinely think the idea of introducing new named characters/classes is pretty good (can take or leave who he is modelled on/performed by), but I'm just too bothered at the lack of maps with each content drop.

But Mashawn Lynch? It may be worse if you are very familiar with him. At least it is for me. He's become a real character in sports. So they took his "Beast Mode" American Football play nickname and made a character around it?

I mean, aside from my initial WTF reaction to it, I'm not overly fussed. Would have been nice for some lore tapes to build up a character, but the dude's not an actor so... *shrugs*...I dunno man. It just seems like a promo stunt, and if it works, yay for them. I understand he's a pretty big gamer and if he can draw the attention, why not.

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 08, 2020, 08:40:51 PM
The new OWLF character sounds cool though. I'm interested to see what sort of balancing they've done with him to counter him needing to never, or almost never, mud up. Maybe his health sucks or he moves really slowly? And some new weapons and gear, too! That's certainly more than I was expecting for this update, to be honest. Looking forward to trying out that plasma rifle.

I haven't had the chance to play, but from what I remember looking at yesterday, he had pretty low health? Not quite as low as the scout, but 2 bars maybe?

QuoteBut yeah like Hicks said, they seriously need more maps. It's been one of the biggest flaws of the game since launch. Ultimately they can add as many new characters as they like, but unless they give us more maps it's still just going to feel like we're doing exactly the same things we've been doing a million times already; because we are.

Even the new map they put out the other month had some of the shine taken off of it by reusing so many mission objectives from other maps and only having a few that were unique to that one. It's just a shame it looks like it's going to be February at the earliest before we might see another one.

And that's if we even see one. And if we don't, I will just be so disappointed. I said when the game came out that 3 maps wasn't enough. And when I do play I don't see that new map that often. It needs a good drop of maps. So badly.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 08, 2020, 04:09:24 PM
Not Ventura. Not Weathers. Not Busey or Glover or Brody or Braga. They bring in an American Football player who's not even universally liked by NFL football fans as the new DLC?

https://media.tenor.com/images/a8c4fd7cd865592d7855c7469f771ac4/tenor.gif

I'm beyond disapointed with this shit. Nice to see some buffs to the Predator though.

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 08, 2020, 08:40:51 PM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2020, 06:28:38 AM
I haven't had the chance to play, but from what I remember looking at yesterday, he had pretty low health? Not quite as low as the scout, but 2 bars maybe?

He seems clearly better than some other classes.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Have you guys heard about the predator coming to fortnite I hope it's not true because the average fortnite player is 5 to 8 months in the womb old

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

What if they add the military predators from avp exction for the next predator update that be pretty cool

Sol

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Dec 09, 2020, 02:29:29 PM
Have you guys heard about the predator coming to fortnite I hope it's not true because the average fortnite player is 5 to 8 months in the womb old

That's good exposure. We should want that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Can't say I dislike the promotion Marshawn Lynch is doing!

It's funny, I played only three matches last night and one of them as Lynch and the other players didn't mud up at first but were eyeing me up and down at the infil point.  It's a good model, but Oy, his line delivery? The man needs acting lessons.  ;D

The rocket launcher? I have to test it more so the jury is still out with that one.

Playing as one of the OWLF commandos was fun. And hot damn is that plasma rifle a blast to use. It just feels good using it.

That EMP mine I have to figure out however. I guess the Predator has to step on it? I need more time to figure it all out.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2020, 06:28:38 AM
And that's if we even see one. And if we don't, I will just be so disappointed. I said when the game came out that 3 maps wasn't enough. And when I do play I don't see that new map that often. It needs a good drop of maps. So badly.

Yeah that Excavation map needed to be in heavy rotation  75% of the time at least for that first month of release. There were a couple hours I played the week it launched and never landed on it once! Frustratingly I kept saying to myself, this is not rocket science Illfonic! What are you doing?

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Dec 09, 2020, 02:29:29 PM

Yeah, the announcement might be made tomorrow it seems!

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Why though the fortnite audience is real young and fortnite proably the most violently game they proably played I get the fact they trying to get a new generation of fans but I don't think this is the way to do it

Sol

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Dec 09, 2020, 04:00:58 PM
Why though the fortnite audience is real young and fortnite proably the most violently game they proably played I get the fact they trying to get a new generation of fans but I don't think this is the way to do it

The Fortnite player base is in the millions. And also not all of them are adolescent children. This is a brilliant move, if true.

I was under 10 when I was exposed to Predator. I'm now 34 and a lifelong fan who has purchased theater tickets, collectables and other merch for the past 20 years and going. They want to create more me's, I'm sure.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

I watch predator when I was young to and I love it but the predator is violently and fortnite is not are they hoping if they like the predator event they buy predator hunting grounds to and some comics if it works it proably not going to be alot of them that become hardcore fans and buy every predator march out there but who knows it might work

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed