Predator: Hunting Grounds Patch 2.11 & Holiday DLC Released

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2020, 03:52:21 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Patch 2.11 & Holiday DLC Released (Read 10,295 times)

Corporal Hicks

Illfonic has just released Patch 2.11 for Predator: Hunting Grounds which features general fixes, sees the Predator’s armour increased, a new Predator perk and the Viking Predator’s Battle Axe now unlockable for everyone at level 85.

The new patch also gives the Fireteam a brand new class, the OWLF Operative, for free, along with the new weapons Plasma Rifle Prototype, a Proximity Detector Launcher and a new gear, the EMP Mine!

The OWLF has opened up their R&D department to give you new toys. All players can now enjoy a new OWLF class unlocked at level 40 and multiple weapons as part of the free update. All players will also now be able to unlock the Battle Axe at level 85 which came with our Viking Predator update in October.

We are adding a new OWLF Operative class, built with one job in mind, to take down the Predator in combat. Equipped with a thermal suit, the soldier's infrared signature will be difficult for all to track. This power player will not need to mud up much, if at all.

New weapons include:

• Proximity Detector Launcher – PDL (Level 43 Unlock): Using modified Predator technology, the OWLF retrofit a grenade launcher to fire proximity sensing mines. This new tool allows them to turn the tables on a Predator and become the hunter.
  • Electromagnetic Pulse – EMP Mine (Level 80 Unlock):  The OWLF whipped up this modified – EMP mine to interact with Predator tech. When triggered, it will knock out a Predator's cloak and send their whole system into overload.
  • Plasma Rifle (Level 135 Unlock): Fresh out of the OWLF's R&D department, this projectile-based weapon fires a concentrated, explosive, plasma-energy round at a high velocity. Fully automatic, energy-based, with a venting process to reload the plasma shots.

Deleted:

In addition to the new free swag, the Holiday paid DLC is also now available which features a new character, Dante "Beast Mode" Jefferson, who is voiced by and modelled on American footballer Marshawn Lynch.

Recruited into a special ops group early in his military career, Dante "Beast Mode" Jefferson earned a reputation for ruthless ferocity in combat. Using his signature explosive weaponry, Dante led his team through multiple missions worldwide with incomparable success. During one covert mission in the jungles of Thailand, his team was hunted by a Predator. He watched as his team was dragged off one by one and slaughtered. Dante was forced to hunt the killer on his own, and with a well-placed B34S-T rocket, managed to destroy the Predator, leaving no trace. After calling for an exfil, Dante was picked up and flown to an undisclosed location, finding himself face to face with Dutch, who had an offer: join his team... 

So, he did.  

The Beast Mode DLC also comes with early access to the B34S-T, Predator: Hunting Ground’s first rocket launcher. It will be available as an unlockable for everyone else when the next update drops in February.

The full patch notes can be found below.

General

• Fixed an issue where CrossPlay Linked Accounts that were searching for coming out of a Quickplay match would sometimes become stuck in the "Connecting" state
  • Fixed an issue where match can become desynced when host pauses during cinematic
  • Fixed an issue where the AI would sometimes have their full head covering display incorrectly
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when using the Field Syrette and another item in a specific way

Clash

• Fixed an issue where the Predator selection countdown would sometimes display an incorrect timer

Fireteam

• General
    • Fixed an issue where the Fireteam weapons and perks may sometimes reset after round cycling
    • Fixed an issue where the minimap icons would sometimes appear to be inconsistent between teammates
    • Fixed an issue where firing an impact grenade from the Hammerhead would cause the ammo functionality to change when playing as the support class
  • Gear
    • Grenade
      • Fixed an issue where the grenade projectile would not deal direct damage
      • Fixed an issue where the animation would not play correctly when throwing a grenade while crouched
  • Weapons
    • General
      • Significantly increased max range of all shotguns
    • CS-12
      • Increased damage of close ranged shots
      • Increased ammo pickups
      • Significantly increased max ammo
    • XDB-12
      • Reduced damage
    • Hammerhead
      • Reduced magazine size for grenade launcher attachment
    • Mercenary ('87)
      • Reduced magazine size for grenade launcher attachment
    • Grimtech 19
      • Increased damage
      • Increased ammo pickups
    • 1011-12
      • Increased ammo pickups
    • D34-D
      • Increased damage
      • Reduced splash damage range
      • Reduced ammo pickups

Predator

• General
    • Increased armor of all Predators
    • Fixed an issue where the "Want some candy?" VO could be heard from anywhere on the map
    • Fixed an issue where the dead boar icons were smaller than intended on the minimap
    • Fixed an issue where the Predator was not holding weapons correctly in the loadout screen
  • Perks
    • [NEW] Ironside (Level 80)
      • Take reduced damage from behind while moving, healing, claiming, or performing a stealth kill
    • Dithered Lens
      • Increased cost from 2 to 5
    • Modified Reserves
      • Significantly increased energy regeneration gained from Modified Reserves
    • Impenetrable Resistance
      • Significantly increased the amount of damage resistance gained from Impenetrable Resistance
      • Increased cost from 5 to 6
  • Gear
    • Audio Decoy
      • Added Predator healing sounds
      • Added Predator eating sounds
      • Removed Predator pouncing sounds
  • Weapons
    • Plasma Caster
      • Reduced energy cost of fully charged Plasma Caster shots

Be sure to stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Predator: Hunting Grounds! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

*looks longingly at February for his big map drop instead*

I'm really pleased to see the new OWLF class and weapons (wtf to Beast Mode though  ??? ), but I was really hoping for a couple of maps. The lack of maps is still such a bad thing for this game.

Sol

Very awesome. I am glad that me getting into this game late, didn't mean I missed out on Dev support. I'm here for the longhaul, now.

Voodoo Magic

Not Ventura. Not Weathers. Not Busey or Glover or Brody or Braga. They bring in an American Football player who's not even universally liked by NFL football fans as the new DLC?

Sol

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 08, 2020, 04:09:24 PM
Not Ventura. Not Weathers. Not Busey or Glover or Brody or Braga. They bring in an American Football player who's not even universally liked by NFL football fans as the new DLC?

https://media.tenor.com/images/a8c4fd7cd865592d7855c7469f771ac4/tenor.gif

I hear ya. I would say it was because those characters are dead, but they brought back Jungle and City Hunter skins, and an de-aged Dutch.

Btw, I really like your signature. lol Gives me life everytime I see it.

Corporal Hicks

I genuinely think the idea of introducing new named characters/classes is pretty good (can take or leave who he is modelled on/performed by), but I'm just too bothered at the lack of maps with each content drop.

Sol

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2020, 04:11:30 PM
I genuinely think the idea of introducing new named characters/classes is pretty good (can take or leave who he is modelled on/performed by), but I'm just too bothered at the lack of maps with each content drop.

Definitely need a new map. The Jungle while awesome, has become quite stale. And I've only been playing in a month. Can't imagine what other longer term players are feeling.

At least flip it up a bit, and give us an alien jungle Planet. Give us Yautja Prime or something, even.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Why haven't they added Harrigan to join Dutch? That would be so cool

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2020, 04:11:30 PM

But Mashawn Lynch? It may be worse if you are very familiar with him. At least it is for me. He's become a real character in sports. So they took his "Beast Mode" American Football play nickname and made a character around it?

Maybe they'll add a Skittles perk.

So much agreement with the maps though.  :-\

Quote from: Sol on Dec 08, 2020, 04:11:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 08, 2020, 04:09:24 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/a8c4fd7cd865592d7855c7469f771ac4/tenor.gif

I hear ya. I would say it was because those characters are dead, but they brought back Jungle and City Hunter skins, and an de-aged Dutch.

After Dutch 87 I would think any character, dead or alive, should be game.

QuoteBtw, I really like your signature. lol Gives me life everytime I see it.

:laugh: Awesome. Thanks!

Sol

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 08, 2020, 04:22:46 PM
After Dutch 87 I would think any character, dead or alive, should be game.

Agreed!

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Harrigan is still alive why didn't they add the badass Harrigan

Mike’s Monsters

As someone who's thrown Skittles at this man on the football field, I am surprised and kind of excited one of my favorite players is coming to Predator! I didn't see this one coming. It's not going to make me play the game a lot more, but it's a fun little addition. I much would have preferred someone else though. Someone related to the franchise.

Xiggz456

Marshawn Lynch?! Weird flex but okay...

SuperiorIronman

I don't think the character is bad. He plays well enough though the rocket launcher just isn't viable.

I like OWLF agent but you really need to pay attention because Predator can just drop in and wreck FT. Buffs made to Predator can also make him a freaking tank so Fireteam needs to be way more attentive if they got someone on the move. The katana is brutal if you're not paying attention.

I think overall they made the right call here with the balance changes. Out of the community right now it seems the issue is more that people don't know who Lynch is while expecting a Predator. The OWLF agent did show up though so that's a plus as well as both characters being fairly solid. So the bigger issue aside from maps is the lack of more movie characters. I suspect movie FT might just be due to getting likeness though I have no idea how they got a football player and Arnold twice.

Mr.Turok

Predator players are pissed that Fireteam has more advantages over them now. Honestly I feel like a bully now to Predator players with these new toys lol. I was hoping at least for Predator Specializations but damm, this really is Fireteam Hunting Grounds lol

Rocket Launcher was a meme until the mad lads at Illfonic actually brought it in. New grenade launcher that shoots proxy emp mines, can you imagine rigging trees with this thing or pig spawn points? And THAT PLASMA RIFLE!!!! Its sound is even like that of the Terminator plasma rifles..........TERMINATOR BUILD BABY LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preds are on suicide watch now.

I'm just glad we got two new Fireteam characters that isn't Dutch!
_____________________________________________________________-

On the lore side of things, the plasma rifle is now officially part of the Predator/AVP lore so how is this going to affect stories in the future now? Why even use a Pulse Rifle anymore when you had this bad boy available since 2025? At this point, it feels like the events of Alien and Aliens will be altered in the AVP Universe with all this new tech we never seen before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed