Arnold eyes new Predator script

Started by Bat Chain Puller, Mar 07, 2011, 01:07:33 AM

Author
Arnold eyes new Predator script (Read 47,705 times)

The PredBen

"wow" all I can sum up.

PredSlayer11

f**k yes!  :D

Mike The Wolf

I vote for Christopher Nolan to direct it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aran

Aran

Would definitely love it when the Pred that goes 1 on 1 against Dutch will treat him with more respect and end up not fighting him instead ala AvP

Shadow King932

How about this:

Dutch is retired and lives alone, he has nothing good left to look forward to in life. But he gets a knock on the door and it's two members of the military and they inform him that a huge group of "Aliens" have attacked and they match his description of the "Alien" he had seen before. And they say that they are always on the move on a rampage, killing and destroying everything in sight, cities, small houses on the countryside, and beaches. As if they are trying show some sort of power. (They are really trying to show humans what they are made of due to their fallen comrades that have happened during hunts). Dutch thinks about the offer and if he's fit for job because of his age, he then thinks of what he actually has to look forward to in life, he accepts the military's offer and they introduce him to his new team and they go out to "Hunt" the hunters.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 10, 2011, 08:22:19 PM
Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 10, 2011, 04:21:17 PM
To those who oppose Arnold in a new Pred movie, what is wrong with the "supporting" role in the film. 

I can easily tell you this.

You know in one of the PREDATORS script drafts we got sometime around a year or two ago, and how Rodriguez was planning for Dutch to be a Predator clan leader when such a thing like that didn't even make any sense, and even outright contradicts the first film? Yeah, THAT'S what I'm afraid of, and THAT'S why I'm opposing Arnold for any role in a future Predator film.

There is something of the fact that Dutch disappeared which adds to the mystery of his character, and also even adds more to his legend. We saw him defeat a Predator, of course, add or take the plot-armor and shield he had on but he beat a Predator and survived... The man became a legend, and that's just something you don't mess with.

The idea of Arnold coming back is nice, but I don't like the direction PREDATORS took the franchise in, and if Arnold wanted to do a Predator flick, he should've done one twenty years ago when he had the chance but he was filming T2 at the time.

It could be worse... MUCH, MUCH WORSE. If you look at the 1994 script which Rodriguez used, and if he gets Arnold back, who is to say that we won't get a movie with the insanely stupid gladiator plot, with the balls out retarded Predator King?

Do we really want that? Is this what everyone is clamoring for?

I for one, don't.

-Rakai'Thwei

I am over 9000 % with You Rakai'Thwei on this one.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Shadow King932 on Jul 14, 2013, 06:55:02 PM
How about this:

Dutch is retired and lives alone, he has nothing good left to look forward to in life. But he gets a knock on the door and it's two members of the military and they inform him that a huge group of "Aliens" have attacked and they match his description of the "Alien" he had seen before. And they say that they are always on the move on a rampage, killing and destroying everything in sight, cities, small houses on the countryside, and beaches. As if they are trying show some sort of power. (They are really trying to show humans what they are made of due to their fallen comrades that have happened during hunts). Dutch thinks about the offer and if he's fit for job because of his age, he then thinks of what he actually has to look forward to in life, he accepts the military's offer and they introduce him to his new team and they go out to "Hunt" the hunters.

That sounds like the beginning of every rambo movie besides the first one, but I can see that plot working, a team of mercs hired to track down 3 predator brothers going on a rampage

At first I was excited about the possibility of Arnie returning to the Dutch character but then reading through this thread I realize that the risk of ****ing up a legend is too great to return to it. Never thought I'd say it but do not want.

At most I'd be willing to see Dutch make a cameo appearance in the same role as the general in the original predator.

Perhaps a new action star takes the lead in the new film, (dare I say rock or vin?) arnie strolls out to brief him

arnie - you're looking good ______
____ - it's been a long time general schaefer...

predxeno

predxeno

The Predators facebook page says that there will be an announcement soon coming via SDCC.  Now let us AVP fans wait with bated breath. :laugh:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Predators-Movie/132957901623

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed