Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,108 times)

Corporal Hicks

I did enjoy Iron Man 3 myself. I'll be seeing this one tomorrow too. Really looking forward to it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on May 23, 2016, 11:04:27 PMI will be seeing The Nice Guys tomorrow, looks very good and funny.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2016, 07:28:34 AMI'll be seeing this one tomorrow too. Really looking forward to it.

Shane Black jokingly asked everyone at the Q&A to get one person from the UK and one person overseas to go see the movie. ROYCE, if you live outside the UK I'm gonna claim I've just done that ;D

Corporal Hicks

Pft. I had my tickets booked already!  :P

overthere

overthere

Man, this subforum has got a long way to go. 2018. is far away.

Preda-Nate-Or

"Something is happening, we don't know what. There's an incursion, there's been a breach, something has come to Earth and there's a mystery to be solved."

This quote here made my spidey sense tingle, ok so if the setting is on Earth then yeah big let down for a Predator movie to be in space or another planet but "incursion or breach?" That would be pretty interesting if he went down the route of "Bad Blood"?.
I doubt Blacks gone and taken ideas from the comics or novels but i feel like if he did and uses the best of them for this movie, then it will be very interesting to tie in with Shane's Comment on:
"CraveOnline asked about the relevance of the title The Predator to which Black responded "there is a reference in the script as to why that makes sense but I'm not really supposed to talk about it." Relevence of the title "The Predator?" does the mean the first Predator as in "Jungle Predator"?, Could it be a prequel? Or is this a full blown "Yeah this is where the Predators evolved from!" story? I hope they do a better idea for a Predator home planet than they did in AvP2 to me it just was'nt what i expected.

The idea of Arnold in the movie would be amazing but i feel like if they did we would have to accept the fact he's not the same Dutch from the first movie he's going to be more Bruce Wayne in "Dawn of Justice" and thats IF the movie is based in the present. Either way seeing Arnie in another Predator movie would be epic! but if not and the story is better without him in the movie then thats ok with me. The mystery of what happened to Dutch still annnoys me and if it was explained then that would be cool but a more in depth look to the origins or at least home planet of Predators that is also a win.

I cant wait to hear more about the movie, my apologies for the endless typing.

overthere

overthere

There's no IF about the movie being set in the present. Shane confirmed it multiple times.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I saw The Nice Guys, didn't really like it too much. Some few laughs but I expected to like more. I laughed more watching Crazy Stupid Love who also had Ryan Gossling. Wasn't boring at all just I expected to laugh more and be more entertained. That's just my opinion.

I will say though I like how Shane Black doesn't use Shakey Cam at all. That was definitely a good thing. Not one time was there shaky cam in the movie

One thing I really loved about Predators was that it had a lot of comedy but it comes from the characters which is the best way to bring comedy into a movie and add some levity to it because you need that. Not one thing felt too outlandish. I will always love that film. People can call it a remake or even a carbon copy. One things for sure I will always think it is so BADASS.

LordCassusSnow

Something like Predator Homeworld would be awesome.

Johnny Handsome

http://geeknation.com/podcasts/the-movie-crypt-ep-158-fred-dekker/

Fred Dekker Podcast. I can't listen to it at the moment, i'm at work, but maybe he talks Predator?

Corporal Hicks

I'll try and listen to it now. See if anything comes up. Is this the podcast Dekker spoke about on Facebook?

Corporal Hicks

Nothing new: http://loaded.co.uk/shane-black-joel-silver-interview-nice-guys-lethal-weapon-matrix-reboot/

QuoteShane, you're working on The Predator next – does the series need rehabilitating after the Alien vs Predator films?

Black: "I think there's a sense that Fox has been putting these films out as fodder – not bad movies but modest budgets with a guaranteed return every few years. There's not a lot of fanfare or a sense that they're being event-ised. They're not a memorable experience you save for the summer. I think that Ridley with Prometheus and his Alien prequel, that's the kind of event status we need to reinstate for The Predator."

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 31, 2016, 06:46:46 AM
http://geeknation.com/podcasts/the-movie-crypt-ep-158-fred-dekker/

Fred Dekker Podcast. I can't listen to it at the moment, i'm at work, but maybe he talks Predator?

Listened to it now, starts at 1:22:30, nothing new really. Script is done, they are budgeting and casting at the moment. They really want to explore the Predator more, why are they here? And maybe the Predator's goals/agendas have changed.

He says when the first Predator is Alien, the new one will be Aliens. It will not be contained, there will be lots of characters with different ideologies with a lot of locations.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 31, 2016, 11:02:16 AMIt will not be contained, there will be lots of characters with different ideologies with a lot of locations.

Sounds really interesting!

overthere

overthere

I like the sound of "why are they here? maybe their agendas changed..."

Though I hope it doesn't turn into Aliens in a sense that there's a lot of Predators dying like flies. Shane did say it's not about 50 Predators riding a bike, so I guess it won't be like that.

Corporal Hicks

I actually think he said a lot in here. I've just posted it up on the front page.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed