4 New Stills (and new ridley video)

Started by shamash, Apr 17, 2012, 10:07:22 PM

Author
4 New Stills (and new ridley video) (Read 28,692 times)

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 18, 2012, 03:30:39 AM
30 minute preview? That's a fourth of the damn movie. Why would you attend something like that.

Possible typo?  Misunderstanding?  Either by Arcyarc or the source he is citing.

If there have been other reports of a 30 minute preview, I haven't heard them.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Apr 17, 2012, 10:10:28 PM
niiice  :D

Nostromo is that you?
I had a tear. ;D

Arcyarc

My bad, meant to type 20 mins, although the various reports from that screening report back different durations of footage from 13 minutes to 20 minutes.

Prime113

Twenty minutes is still a pretty good chuck of the film. I'd like to see a 5 minute preview. I seen one for Thor and it was just right.

...Different "variations"? As in, like, different takes of a shot..or?

Arcyarc

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 18, 2012, 03:59:19 AM
Twenty minutes is still a pretty good chuck of the film. I'd like to see a 5 minute preview. I seen one for Thor and it was just right.

...Different "variations"? As in, like, different takes of a shot..or?

I had a read at the links from this post when it went up originally;
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42892.msg1328948#msg1328948
and they report the duration of the preview screening as 15mins, 13mins, and also (and this must be where I got the 30 mins thing from originally) "The clips covered parts of what I would imagine are the first thirty minutes of the film".

From reading these reports, I got the impression it was a screening of the "set-up" scenes from the beginning of the film followed by a slightly different version of the full trailer
Spoiler
(featuring ass-flower)
[close]
. I don't think it would have really spoiled anything - the attendees didn't report anything particularly spoiler-ish
Spoiler
(apart from ass-flower)
[close]
but personally, I too would rather wait until June and see the whole thing start-to-finish in all it's glory.

Prime113

Ahhhh. I see. I probably wouldn't mind seeing the beginning 13-15 minutes. I heard that its about
Spoiler
the beginning of Earth
[close]

And,
Spoiler
Ass-flower?
[close]

Arcyarc

:D

From the BleedingCool link in that post I linked to in my last post...

Spoiler
One sudden image aside, there were no obvious surprises or revelations in this sequence – or, indeed, any new mysteries.
This single, sudden image is hard to explain, and it flashed by so quickly that I'm not sure how accurate my memory of it is, but I want to try and describe the thing I saw.
This thing was clearly some kind of life form, probably alien in origin, though it's believed that mutated humans will feature in the story too. It looked a bit like a flower crossed with a sphincter and it had sharp claws or teeth or other protrusions of that kind.
[close]

Make of that what you will...  :-\

Prime113

Quote from: Arcyarc on Apr 18, 2012, 05:54:22 AM
:D

From the BleedingCool link in that post I linked to in my last post...

Spoiler
One sudden image aside, there were no obvious surprises or revelations in this sequence – or, indeed, any new mysteries.
This single, sudden image is hard to explain, and it flashed by so quickly that I'm not sure how accurate my memory of it is, but I want to try and describe the thing I saw.
This thing was clearly some kind of life form, probably alien in origin, though it's believed that mutated humans will feature in the story too. It looked a bit like a flower crossed with a sphincter and it had sharp claws or teeth or other protrusions of that kind.
[close]

Make of that what you will...  :-\

Gahahahah  :laugh: :laugh:

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 18, 2012, 01:55:35 AM
Very nice new images! Now if only they were hi-res :'(
Will untagged do for the moment?

Cvalda

Cvalda

It's a start--thanks Lars!

zuzuki

zuzuki

that's looks like the monitor from the operating table but it doesn't seem to be after comparing these 2 images.but those look like they are the readings from 2 beings, 2 lifesigns, shaw and the thing inside her. i'm saying this because there wasn't any monitor on the cryo beds. all the informations was on the lid of the capsule, directly on the glass.

now look at the parallel lines and the readings in the right. if they are medical readings can anyone guess what they could stand for?
one of them is -19,6
                     -61/34
the other one below is -3,5

and in the lower left corner it looks like a schematic of those moving parts in the operating table with calculations probably for the surgery. also something that looks like a worm with arms to me in that schematic,could be the thing that gets extracted, wich i don't think it's a squid type creature like people seem to believe it is, but a deviation of a chestburster with a long head, arms, legs and a tail that were movin in the trailer, giving the impression of a squid

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: zuzuki on Apr 18, 2012, 07:11:53 AM
that's looks like the monitor from the operating table but it doesn't seem to be after comparing these 2 images.but those look like they are the readings from 2 beings, 2 lifesigns, shaw and the thing inside her. i'm saying this because there wasn't any monitor on the cryo beds. all the informations was on the lid of the capsule, directly on the glass.

now look at the parallel lines and the readings in the right. if they are medical readings can anyone guess what they could stand for?
one of them is -19,6
                     -61/34
the other one below is -3,5

and in the lower left corner it looks like a schematic of those moving parts in the operating table with calculations probably for the surgery. also something that looks like a worm with arms to me in that schematic,could be the thing that gets extracted, wich i don't think it's a squid type creature like people seem to believe it is, but a deviation of a chestburster with a long head, arms, legs and a tail that were movin in the trailer, giving the impression of a squid

Well, David is charged with monitoring the status of the crew during hypersleep.  I imagine he must have access to this data from at least one remote display interface (which this may be a pic of), possibly on the bridge.  More then likely, he can call the data up from any number of display interfaces located throughout the ship.

I can't make out the negative signs.  However, the absolute value of the readings could be indicative of various metabolic functions during cryosleep (e.g. low body temp., low pulse rate, low blood pressure, etc.).  Also, we are not certain of the Units being used for temp., pressure, and such.

Vepariga

*wraps pictures around self* so good.

BioMechanical

[/quote]

What are they flaming on the ground? I saw several of these types of shots and it seems as if they are trying to get rid of some space critters rather than an larger alien threat.

SM

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed