Iceland shooting info,Ridley: Giger is working on a major scene

Started by Darkoo, Jul 11, 2011, 04:27:32 PM

Author
Iceland shooting info,Ridley: Giger is working on a major scene (Read 25,095 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/07/ridley-scott-giger-is-working-on-major.html
Quote"It is possible to get this environment elsewhere, such as the Mojave desert in California, but this place is more primitive and wild I think. Nature here has a certain character and I like the black stones. It was a better option. Being here is fantastic, really fantastic.What I have found in this country is a gorgeous beauty. This is exactly what I wanted from the beginning."

According to Icelandic newspaper Morgunbladid, the Prometheus crew in Iceland consists of more than 200 people. All the press has been told is that the scenes they are shooting take place in the beginning of the movie, and are of Earth at a very early stage in its creation.

When asked about HR Giger's involvement in the film, Sir Ridley replies:

"We had a good relationship with Giger for many years. We showed him the script for [Prometheus] and he liked it. He's going to work a bit for me with this movie and has been working on a major project that comes in the film."

There's currently no word about which (if any) of the Prometheus actors have flown to Iceland for the shoot, but Scott did mention once again his appreciation for the lead, Noomi Rapace:

"'This is the girl who will play in Prometheus', I thought to myself. I met her in Los Angeles and saw that she is this beautiful woman and the complete opposite of punk"

QuoteFilming for Ridley Scott's new movie, Promethius began today at the foot of Iceland's Hekla volcano.

"If one is afraid of nature in this profession then it would be best to find a different job," director Ridley Scott told reporters at a short meeting in central Reykjavik before heading off to Hekla to film — less than a week after international media erroneously reported that Hekla was about to blow its top any moment. Scott said he did not lose any sleep over the ominous news reports.

The recording will last for the next two weeks and will feature Oscar winning actress Charlize Theron and X-Men hero Michael Fassbender. Actresses Lisbeth Salander and Noomi Rice are also gracing Iceland with their presence over the next fortnight with the film crew, who will also be filming at the Dettifoss waterfall — Europe's most powerful by volume of water.

According to Frettabladid, the shoot is a massive undertaking and production costs in Iceland alone run to hundreds of millions of kronur; or several million euro. Ridley Scott did not, however, want to dwell on such matters. 160 Icelanders are involved in the shoot, as well as over 200 visitors to the country — a team Scott described as a "little film crew".

The director confirmed that Iceland will not play the starring role in Promethius: "It will be 15 minutes in total, if all goes to plan. We are shooting the beginning of time."

There has been a great deal of secrecy surrounding Promethius, with only a handfull of photographs of shooting so far in the UK having leaked out on the internet. Scott says the secrecy is important to him and film fans alike: "There is a lot of innovative and new stuff in the film and it would be a shame to ruin that [surprise] with leaks."

Iceland was confirmed as a filming location somewhat late in the day, despite always having been a probable choice. "It is possible to find similar landscapes elsewhere in the world," Scott explained. "But here it is so rough and 'Jurassic-like' and that proved decisive. Iceland is a massively beautiful country."

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2011/07/11/ridley-scott-shooting-movie-by-hekla-in-iceland/#ixzz1RoZrd29c

Read more: http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2011/07/11/ridley-scott-shooting-movie-by-hekla-in-iceland/#ixzz1RoZlWrsw

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

2001 prologue sequence?  Oh...my...

T Dog

I wonder has Ridley seen The Tree Of Life?

Keyes

Good find. But if they are filming the "beginning of time" why do they need some of the cast?! :o

Also Lisbeth Salander is the character Noomi played in "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" films, not a cast member :D

Darkoo

Quote from: Daz85 on Jul 11, 2011, 04:58:17 PM
Good find. But if they are filming the "beginning of time" why do they need some of the cast?! :o

Time travel?  :P

JaaayDee

They could probably also be filming the scenes that involve the archaeological dig.

Darkoo

Bat Chain Puller

Also Lisbeth Salander is the character Noomi played in "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" films, not a cast member :D

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Online Journalism these days has been reduced to shoddy cut and paste affairs.

Keyes

I just thought, if they are filming for 2 weeks does that mean we may not get a Comic-Con appearance?!

Here's the original article mentioning Giger that I used Google Translate on. Ridley sort of mentions the Alien connection (or not ha): http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=is&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.mbl.is%2Ffrettir%2Finnlent%2F2011%2F07%2F11%2Fuppruni_geimvera_a_islandi%2F

QuoteRidley himself says he does not connect directly with movie Alien, but at the end of the third scene of the image viewer will realize soon that Prometheus has a minimal relationship with her. "I could tell you how the item is characterized, but it would be a shame. But we go back, not forward.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Prometheus has already been listed at Comic Con so if Ridley won't be there, there will always be other people to present the film.

Zenzucht

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 11, 2011, 04:34:20 PM
2001 prologue sequence?  Oh...my...

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 11, 2011, 05:04:13 PM

They could probably also be filming the scenes that involve the archaeological dig.

2001 came to my mind as well :)

I can see subplot like Space Jockey(s) wandering around the galaxy(ies), looking for ideal world for their new invention - human. Or, after successful terraforming of the Earth, releasing spores => humans.

harlock

I hope time travel doesnt feature, time dilation would work, but the cast flying so FTL as to go back in time? No thank you

We know they'll be stranded on whatever planet they go to, so I would say we have a 2001 prologue, with a fade into the 21st century with the cast, at said archeological dig, so same place, many centuries later. I am so hoping they find a Jockey-ship and that'll be Prometheus.

skullmeister

I just hope this isn't a "Tree of Life" sequence.  What a boring and strange movie.

chupacabras acheronsis

it's gonna be a flashback. mark my words.

also, Oh SpaceMarines, Where art thou?

Pn2501

Quote from: skullmeister on Jul 11, 2011, 10:15:44 PM
I just hope this isn't a "Tree of Life" sequence.  What a boring and strange movie.
Someone missed the point of tree of life. :-[

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed