Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,826 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 20, 2014, 08:45:29 AM
e.g. AVP2010. Had some nice references to the events of the movies, but nothing directly linking it and the exact time period was kept vague. And I liked that.

I liked the subtle references.
"This drop is shaping up to be worse than Acheron...if that's possible" was a great line to me because it shows that the events of Aliens weren;t covered up by the company and used as a blue print of how not to handle an infestation. It also gave you the feeling that the Marlow and her marines had dealt with infestations before.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I always loved that line too. The audio log from Weyland referencing Ripley was another nice touch.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

We'll have to play the "wait n' see" game on the canon issue. Clearly, this is based on previous characters and events but if they try to make it somehow a lead-in to Aliens, I wouldn't be surprised. Nor disappointed, really. The time frame between Alien and Aliens will be covered in full at some point so the new comics/books are probably going to attempt to fill those gaps.

Honestly, they can call it canon or just create their own stories that could fit in within the universe. Just want them to create something respectable and worth the effort.

Skulexander

Skulexander

I really do have high hopes for this game. Hopefully, they won't be smashed again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGqG2fkrz7Y

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed