Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,112 times)

Thomas

Thomas

....... would really like to know how they weaseld there way out of it. A little note to everyone involved in this travisty of a game, your all responsible for this dissaster. Stop pointing fingers at everyone else but yourselves and show some ba**s, and except your part of the responsiblilty.......

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

I promise I´ll never buy something from SH&TBOX NEVER AGAIN!

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Thomas on May 31, 2015, 02:27:54 PM
....... would really like to know how they weaseld there way out of it. A little note to everyone involved in this travisty of a game, your all responsible for this dissaster. Stop pointing fingers at everyone else but yourselves and show some ba**s, and except your part of the responsiblilty.......

Because Gearbox didn't do anything technically wrong, aside from some shady practices and being slimy/deceptive. I'm not defending them, I think it's really crappy, but some people I know who complained about this same practice went right ahead and bought boarderlands the pre-sequel. They also went on to pre-order some useless content for mediocre games that they could've waited til were on sale.

If gamers want things to change, then they should stop pre-ordering shit and paying for DLC. Period. The Law is not there to save you from being hoodwinked about the quality of a game. Only you can do that as a consumer. You have no justification for complaining if you buy into the pre-order culture in general. Yeah, dropping that bomb.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Adam802 on May 30, 2015, 12:41:39 PM
  I still never plan on buying a gbx game ever.

Homeworld Remastered is really worth a buy though. Its amazingly well done.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Thomas on May 31, 2015, 02:27:54 PM

The employees at Gearbox are actually as much a victim as we are, many of the people who worked on the game at "shitbox" were fired or laid off because of the company's work strategy and that's why Gearbox had to bring in 3rd party game developers to fix the title; many of these ex-employees are the ones who helped reveal the truth about this conspiracy to the public.  Ultimately, it's the heads of the company who are at fault and Randy Pitchford is at the top of that food chain.

Engineer

Engineer

It sucks gearbox is getting off the hook for this... But yea, we should have known better! Gearbox has a good track record for IPs and franchises THEY own (borderlands for example), but a terrible track record for any series they do NOT own... Halo pc had mixed reviews and definitely not the best port; and "duke nukem forever" was apparently just as bad as A:CM.

My lesson learned here is to start paying more attention to the developer and publisher for a game, and put less stock in the initial trailers.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I didn't realistically expect anything to come of this anyway. But it is disappointing to know they got away with the shady practices. I haven't brought a Gearbox game since ACM and I don't intend to either.

Engineer

Engineer

Corporal hicks- come to think about it, halo pc and ACM are the only gearbox titles I've ever bought. I'm right there with you though... I'll never pay for another gearbox title again, especially if Randy Pitchford is promoting it rampantly!

predxeno

predxeno

I wonder how big a hit the company will take from this, I guess it's safe to say their credibility as a third party game developer is now destroyed.  I guess this means no company is ever going to them for help?  This would mean their only source of revenue will be their own privately owned franchises, like Borderlands.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I. Am. Stunned.

f**k Gearbox.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 01, 2015, 11:47:02 PM
I wonder how big a hit the company will take from this, I guess it's safe to say their credibility as a third party game developer is now destroyed.  I guess this means no company is ever going to them for help?  This would mean their only source of revenue will be their own privately owned franchises, like Borderlands.

Pretty sure they've done the remake of Homeworld or something like that.

IIUMFII

IIUMFII

someone must answer for this fucxery. fuxery of the multiplayer and any future of it. They should forced to release code so players can add predators in a FREE DLC release to any players. And the game should be free for an entire year. We are all victims of liars or some lazy @ss devs. Victims who can wait 300 years in hypersleep in the ACM multiplayer lobby and never see a match. WHY? because you fools lied about what the peoples game would REALLY look like on release. If they would have advertise the ugly ass release version in the E3 demos people would have cut that shit off. You would have to PAY US to PRELOAD that bullsh$t :-  :-  :-

IIUMFII

IIUMFII

better yet just make ACM Free to Play and we will call it even  ::)

Engineer

Engineer

I'd call it even if gearbox went bankrupt. Free to play doesn't give me my money back, and it doesn't give me the single player campaign I was promised...

IIUMFII

IIUMFII

True they did lie hard about single player campaign. Where is the guy with the middle finger?

Ripley:Hes being cocooned just like all the people who paid 90 bucks for ACM with Season Pass. True fuccery at its finest :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed