ACM at Comic-Con 2012

Started by ikarop, Jul 05, 2012, 11:32:38 PM

Author
ACM at Comic-Con 2012 (Read 34,580 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I wonder if Gearbox is aware of the shitstorm that will come for them if they don't fix this...

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Predaker on Jul 18, 2012, 01:01:01 AM
At least we will get glory holes for the xeno banana heads instead of actual vents to navigate.
Something makes me to say "thats what she said" but this will sound way too wrong in a "japan" way  :-\

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 18, 2012, 04:25:47 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Jul 18, 2012, 01:01:01 AM
At least we will get glory holes for the xeno banana heads instead of actual vents to navigate.
Something makes me to say "thats what she said" but this will sound way too wrong in a "japan" way  :-\
If an alien pokes its banana head through a glory hole and a marine is standing nearby, somebody is going to get f**ked.

urvile

urvile

Acid damage should be at the very least an option toggle, agreed. At the same time, I'm not going to be too broken up about it. I'm trying to think how previous games handled acid damage, you usually just had to avoid the bodies for a couple of seconds right? And in AvP arcade (my favorite Aliens game BY FAR), the only time you were damaged by acid was when certain aliens spit at you.

EDIT: So did anyone ask the Gearbox crew if the Space Jockeys and/or Prometheus were still going to be a part of the game/canon?

Ash 937

Ash 937

But if A:CM is to be the "true sequel" to Aliens then the acid blood from a dying/dead alien should affect your player's health.  Otherwise, the experience will not be as authentic as GBX claims it is.

urvile

urvile

Seems like their "true sequel" argument became invalid when they introduced the Crusher or whatever it's called and went with that AvP-style Queen. Add to that this acid damage and female marine controversy.

PFC Hudson

PFC Hudson

As everyone else is saying, just make the acid damage optional or part of the harder difficulty levels. I will be very disappointed if it's totally axed from the campaign mode. How can they think it's okay to totally erase the Alien's most effective defense mechanism?

scm

scm

I played it at there, they only were allowing people to play as the marines while a gearbox team played as aliens the whole day. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. It was just alright but still fun at least multiplayer wise. The aiming felt off in the game though which was odd. Shotgun is terrible btw. The Alien's animation still looks really bad although the designs are great looking.
Right now I feel like this game could go either way depending on whether or not the singe player is good. The game does feel somewhat generic though. But damn does Randy grind my gears.

Someone needs to just turn the Hidden into an Alien mod.

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

I guess I'll just have to explain all this away, just like I did with the predator's face not melting off in AVP2010 during killmoves. I'm still pumped for this game, but I have to say that the exclusion of acid damage is down right ridiculous. Maybe someday developers will listen to their fanbases :/ (not likely though.)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: G8RSG1 on Jul 23, 2012, 12:13:10 AM
I guess I'll just have to explain all this away, just like I did with the predator's face not melting off in AVP2010 during killmoves. I'm still pumped for this game, but I have to say that the exclusion of acid damage is down right ridiculous. Maybe someday developers will listen to their fanbases :/ (not likely though.)

Gearbox has already released an official statement saying that Acid Blood WILL be in SP.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Aw jeez, you fanboys make me laugh.  It's 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' all over again; the whiny fanboys moaned about the highlighted interactive spots and so Eidos gave players an option of turning that particular function off.  Guess what?  Everybody who played that game ended up using said feature because SHOCK, HORROR... it made for a better gameplay experience! 

Ingrateful curmudgeons, you are.  Game developers, you are not.  You think you know best; "the game should be completely authentic to the film's canon".  Ultimately, there's a reason that Gearbox are in the business of developing games; because they're professionals.  You are not.  End of.

I'm utterly tired of these 'armchair developers', you're all frakking clueless.

Best case scenario (as far as the fanboys are concerned) - Gearbox ends up including an option to enable/disable acid damage within the single player campaign.  Each and every player disables the acid damage after 5 minutes because it makes for a fundamentally broken gameplay experience.

Films and games are two different forms of media.  Wise up, people!

SM

SM

Ha ha, charade you are.

They've already said "There Will Be (Acid) Blood".

And the reason "the game should be completely authentic to the film's canon" is because that's how Gearbox is selling it.

Bit late with your ignorant rant.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2012, 04:49:57 AM
Aw jeez, you fanboys make me laugh.  It's 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' all over again; the whiny fanboys moaned about the highlighted interactive spots and so Eidos gave players an option of turning that particular function off.  Guess what?  Everybody who played that game ended up using said feature because SHOCK, HORROR... it made for a better gameplay experience! 

Ingrateful curmudgeons, you are.  Game developers, you are not.  You think you know best; "the game should be completely authentic to the film's canon".  Ultimately, there's a reason that Gearbox are in the business of developing games; because they're professionals.  You are not.  End of.

I'm utterly tired of these 'armchair developers', you're all frakking clueless.

Best case scenario (as far as the fanboys are concerned) - Gearbox ends up including an option to enable/disable acid damage within the single player campaign.  Each and every player disables the acid damage after 5 minutes because it makes for a fundamentally broken gameplay experience.

Films and games are two different forms of media.  Wise up, people!

Well, the acid is already in the game as we just found out...so, uh, yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed