Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,701 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

First Wave Season 2 Episode 22

First Wave Season 3 Episodes 1-4

Final Space Season 2 Episodes 1-4
A surprising amount of heart and all the better for it

Prez

Prez

Rebels Season 4 Episode 15 - The series finale.
That was a fitting ending but boy it left me hanging for more. The whole of season 4 opened up so much more mythos to the Star Wars EU and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Prez on Jul 08, 2020, 04:04:27 AM
That was a fitting ending but boy it left me hanging for more. The whole of season 4 opened up so much more mythos to the Star Wars EU and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Agreed. That show could've easily gone on for another two seasons but I'm glad it didn't go the route of Clone Wars.

I'm hoping that some of the characters will show up in the upcoming live action series because like you said, there's so much left unsaid.

j0nesy

j0nesy

binged the latest season of the handmaid's tale, such a great show

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Under his eye.

j0nesy

j0nesy

blessed be the fruit

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Jul 08, 2020, 06:23:38 PM
Quote from: Prez on Jul 08, 2020, 04:04:27 AM

Agreed. That show could've easily gone on for another two seasons but I'm glad it didn't go the route of Clone Wars.

I'm hoping that some of the characters will show up in the upcoming live action series because like you said, there's so much left unsaid.

Clone Wars was probably 1 season too long but I did enjoy that final season arc (the last 4 episodes).

And yes let's hope those rumours of Ezra's story coming to either the Mando or something else happens sooner than later.

SiL

SiL

Snowpiercer

f**k this show is bad.

It is so bad.

But I have to keep watching because my wife and I drunkenly binged the first four episodes and now we're in too deep and we both hate it but we have to see how the season ends.

Will not be back for season two.

j0nesy

j0nesy

i didn't even realize they adapted it into a tv series  ???

sounds like it doesn't stack up against the film? (never read the graphic novel)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Jul 09, 2020, 01:37:25 AM
Snowpiercer

f**k this show is bad.

It is so bad.

But I have to keep watching because my wife and I drunkenly binged the first four episodes and now we're in too deep and we both hate it but we have to see how the season ends.

Will not be back for season two.

Thanks Sil. I'll take your word for it. I was tempted but then thought how can they drag a story made for a 2 hour film into an ongoing series.

SiL

SiL

They don't do it well. I'm not sure what the comic's like, but the desperate intensity of the film is absolutely lost.

The whole thing feels like it was made by film students who watched a bunch of cool TV shows and then decided to take all the "cool" scenes and string them together. It's a late 90s TV sci-fi with more budget and by God did all of that budget go to Jennifer Connelly because they sure as shit didn't spend anything on the special effects.

There is no drama, there is only m e l o d r a m a. You could have a character fart in this God-damned series and someone would react like it was a direct insult to their entire lineage.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Vikings - anxiously waiting for part 2 of season 6  :o

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Jul 09, 2020, 11:35:52 AM
They don't do it well. I'm not sure what the comic's like, but the desperate intensity of the film is absolutely lost.

The whole thing feels like it was made by film students who watched a bunch of cool TV shows and then decided to take all the "cool" scenes and string them together. It's a late 90s TV sci-fi with more budget and by God did all of that budget go to Jennifer Connelly because they sure as shit didn't spend anything on the special effects.

There is no drama, there is only m e l o d r a m a. You could have a character fart in this God-damned series and someone would react like it was a direct insult to their entire lineage.

I totally expected what you stated to be the main problems in this show. The film was super intense and I thought drawing out that into a deeper look at the characters and adding more back story would lose so much. As much as I could look at Jennifer Connelly all day I'll definitely give this one a miss now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S1 E1-8

Ha, I'd forgotten Joe Pantoliano showed up in this as a crazy ER doctor.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Finished The Boys and although there was a typical subplot of boy lies to girl, girl finds out and then boy must fix things; the show was fantastic. I know nothing of the comic or characters so I went in blind, that might've helped but it was a damn good show.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed