New Strause Brothers Interview

Started by Darkness, Dec 19, 2007, 07:36:20 PM

Author
New Strause Brothers Interview (Read 6,067 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a new Strause Brothers interview up on CBR.com. I say new but it was obviously done before any of the Predator Homeworld footage was released everywhere. As for the interview, same old stuff, though they did talk about the idea they proposed for the first AvP Movie.

Colin: We originally pitched on the first "Alien vs. Predator" and it was kind of a space epic. I always equated it to "Dances with Wolves" in space. It involved the Alien home world and a lot of pretty interesting stuff. And the concept still holds up. So if this movie does really good and we have some interesting discussions with Fox, that's one thing we want to come back to. We definitely think we have an idea there.

Greg: The sentiment, though, is that we feel the Earth stories of this franchise are done and the next one should be moved to space.

They also mention that they’re in talks about two other movies and they’ve also written a ‘disaster’ movie with another writer.

Venenoso

Venenoso

I just hope Shane Salerno will take no part in writting the script this time.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, me too. Makes you wonder if he actually made Anderson's script better or worse.

KampZ

KampZ

Oh god. I don't want to see these guys take on the alien home world.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am not going to complain about their film involviong the alien homeworld, we really have no idea if these guys are great or crap in writing screenplays so I am actually hoping that if they do direct the next AVP that they write it also instead of someone like Salerno ruining everything.

holdtheline

Please get a new writer in..

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

maybe its about ANNAK KRAKATOA!!!!!

Le Celticant

i don't know why, but alien and predator fanboy will be disapointed in this movie if the report on the forum is the right end...

Flaming Firefox

Dances with Wolves in space with Aliens and Preds brings strange visions to mind. Very odd.

Chet

Chet

I'm all up for this movie but im a little worried about the acting in this movie so far esp. for the teen actors. They really dont sound convincing

Bill

Bill

Great all we need is another 'disaster' movie. great job!   :P    I know for a fact this film is not tracking well

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

I really hope the Strause Brothers can pull AVP3 out this time, and maybe... Just maybe, they should consider roping in another writer in place of Salerno.

yuck

yuck

No, the Strauses shall f**k off. I want to see AVP, not Predator-kicks-Alien-asses-Part II

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

So I see, you're taking your blame on the directors when everything goes wrong. How sad, at least they've tried their best and dared to make a movie, that's what I like.  Sure, I may not have any directing or acting skills, but I think that a person who doesn't give up on what he wants to do, is a strong person.  Actually I didn't put my blame on Salerno for his script-writing on AVPR, just that it is best he should write for other movies instead of the Alien/Predator universe.

yuck

yuck

I'm sure you had another opinion, when a director decides to degrade the Predator only to show the alien (his favourite creature) as superior badass. But you can be happy. With the biased Strauses this will never happen.  And you don't need talent to make a balance between the two creatures. Even Anderson did it better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed