A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 49,506 times)

brokentusk420

"I'll go ahead and start this now.

#BringBackBiehn

Hicks would be great in a mentor role, training a new generation of bug stompers in a series"

No,  this isn't transformers and this isnt a shoot em up movie which is what everyone seems to want. That would be stupid and boring.  Go play a video game for that type of lazy story telling. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

Who ever said that?

The Old One

The Old One

The idea of bringing back any cast member that's dead is so bad it's exhausting to even repeat why at this point.

Perfect-Organism

Theyre not really dead or alive because it's fiction.  Many fans and casual viewers prefer a continuation with Hicks Newt and Ripley because that story is more natural and makes more sense.  Besides those characters bacame a core part of the series with spin-off books etc.  If you think Alien 3 is the correct sequel to Aliens, please refer to the egg on Sulaco thread.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 06, 2018, 03:47:10 PM
Who ever said that?

Nobody, lol. He's just one of those salty people who vents his personal frustrations on a message board.

But yeah, not a shoot em up, and definitely not a Transformers clone. A mixture of tone is what I had in mind. Maybe even some black comedy since some of the EU stories have darkly comedic undertones. Just to keep it fresh.

Rankles75

Thread-derailed...

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 06, 2018, 05:02:52 PM
Besides those characters became a core part of the series with spin-off books etc.

& That right there is why it's a trash idea.

Their story is over, and that's a fact that'll be repeated ad nauseum until people accept it.

Perfect-Organism

I can agree to disagree, but I will say that the proper continuation of Ripley, Hicks', and Newt's story belongs on the big screen and not in a TV series.  So getting back on track, I'm very excited about a TV series and hope that Disney does a proper Disney sequel to Aliens, which was already basically a Disney movie.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 06, 2018, 06:45:14 PM
I can agree to disagree, but I will say that the proper continuation of Ripley, Hicks', and Newt's story belongs on the big screen and not in a TV series.  So getting back on track, I'm very excited about a TV series and hope that Disney does a proper Disney sequel to Aliens, which was already basically a Disney movie.

It belongs in the trash, the proper continuation we got in 1992.
& Calling Aliens a Disney film, it's like your trying to give me an aneurysm.

Hollywood is ageist and unless "Terminator" with Linda Hamilton returning does extremely well, the likelihood is that you'll never get another Sigourney Weaver Alien film. There's nothing to be done with those characters that isn't a vile regurgitation of previously explored arcs anyway, Alien needs to look forwards not back.

On a TV series, I say go GOT, Hannibal or Twin Peaks or go home. The last thing I want Alien to be is TWD or a CW show, meandering and pointless appealing to the lowest common denominator.

ARCXENO

Disney and Aliens in the same sentence still scares me more than a chest burst lol. but all in all I'm really hoping they don't mess it up,

SM

QuoteShe's one of the few people in the galaxy that knows about the aliens, and she's motivated to destroy them.

She only wants to destroy them if she has a personal stake.  If she didn't think it would help her PTSD she wouldn't have gone to LV-426.  She's not going to end up some Alien-hunting mercenary like Herk Mondo.

426Buddy

Denton Smalls

The seed has been planted. John Cena as Herk Mondo. You're welcome, Fisney.

FenGiddel

I'd love to see a nod to a younger Pvt. Hudson's love of AC/DC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stitch

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 06, 2018, 10:10:27 PM
The seed has been planted. John Cena as Herk Mondo. You're welcome, Fisney.
And now I suddenly really want this!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed