How would you change AVP-R?

Started by genocyber, Apr 21, 2017, 04:37:56 AM

Author
How would you change AVP-R? (Read 5,816 times)

genocyber

genocyber

Lets toss some ideas around about you would do had you the chance to do reshoots, add or remove scenes or storylines to the film to improve it. I guess the most obvious would be improve the lighting, but what else?
For me I would still have it set on the town but I would give it a much more bleak setting. I'd have the town in the middle of a heavy downpour with the town beginning to flood. This would add to the enviornment being dangerous for the human stragglers when dealing with the Alien and Predator. Having the Xenos swimming through flooded streets like sharks and rising up behind people like in Aliens would had been a nice callback. Perhaps instead of the Predator in a hospital I would have it make its way through a flooded grocery store. The lights dim and flickering, aisles sprayed with blood, loose pipes spraying steam from the ceiling. Little things like that. As for the characters, the perspective from the average townie was a mistake for this sort of film. What I would do is have the characters be cops assisting the CIA in investigating the crashed Predator ship. This would give more to work with on making them believable survivors than just a couple hicks with guns. Expand on what was touched upon in Predator 2 of them being known by the government and them trying to halt the trail of murder wherever they appear. The cop would maybe find out about the Xenos with the CIA ignoring the threat and continuing to chase the Predator instead, leading to the two splitting up and being taken down by both sides one by one.

echobbase79

echobbase79

The movie would start with Buddy and Sam hunting witnessing the ship come down, but we don't know why. I would've made it three cleaners instead of one so that the fights scenes with the regular Aliens would've been more balanced. A lot more scenes of the Aliens taking over the town. I'd throw out all the main characters and have the story focus on the National Guard team. OWLF would have more of a role. I'd set the finale in the sewers, with the main Predator fighting the Predalien (that would be a surprise) to destroy the Queen. The town would still get nuked.

I do like your idea of the town flooding while all of this madness is going on.

Infected

Infected

I would start with Jigsaw from Saw, and a predator enter his game territory, and the tv starts playing and Jigsaw starts talking "mr. hunter, you are so noble in your point of view....*WHOOOBEESHSSSHHHSHSS* predator plasma destroys tv and runs through the wall and is gone, leaving Jigsaw stunned and in awwwww.

One week later in Vietnam, camera moves slowly to the left over a hot jungle and you see a cloaked predator running through the field, and BOOOOMMMM he walks over an old mine one leg missing and green blood everywhere, the predator is in pain and activates his nuke on his arm, but it doesnt work, he looks at it and sees paper rolling out of it, super black predators have sabotaged his arm nuke and switched it with a printer, the humans capture the dead predator and eventually find a virus to wipe out the small predators with predator aids, and the three super black predators are laughing on their planet and drinking wiskey to celebrate.

The end scene is when the guy is in his army jet with the plasma caster on his way to Yutani, and the camera looks in the cockpit and the two pilots are predators, one is flying and the other one is doing his nails, the army guy meoows like a cat and dies from a heart attack.

-Fin-

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

The first thing I'd change about AVP-R is that it would take place in space. Either on a colony on some planet somewhere or a space station. I understand that the directors were probably trying to nail the target audience by making the main characters in high-school but i would remove that element as well. I think the main story should focus around scientists instead. Perhaps their trying to understand what a hive is, unwittingly release aliens upon the colony/space station and it becomes a survival horror. I loved Wolf in AVP-r one of the most bad ass predators ever. But there should be multiple predators. Feels like more of an even fight when an alien kills a predator sometimes( team predator all the way though) I understand a lot of what is mentioned above might sound familiar but that's because this formula works. Hell turn Tim Lebbons "rage wars" into movies or a cartoon on Netflix because that was probably the most realistic AVP story yet. Just a thought!!

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Infected on Apr 21, 2017, 08:51:18 PM
I would start with Jigsaw from Saw, and a predator enter his game territory, and the tv starts playing and Jigsaw starts talking "mr. hunter, you are so noble in your point of view....*WHOOOBEESHSSSHHHSHSS* predator plasma destroys tv and runs through the wall and is gone, leaving Jigsaw stunned and in awwwww.

One week later in Vietnam, camera moves slowly to the left over a hot jungle and you see a cloaked predator running through the field, and BOOOOMMMM he walks over an old mine one leg missing and green blood everywhere, the predator is in pain and activates his nuke on his arm, but it doesnt work, he looks at it and sees paper rolling out of it, super black predators have sabotaged his arm nuke and switched it with a printer, the humans capture the dead predator and eventually find a virus to wipe out the small predators with predator aids, and the three super black predators are laughing on their planet and drinking wiskey to celebrate.

The end scene is when the guy is in his army jet with the plasma caster on his way to Yutani, and the camera looks in the cockpit and the two pilots are predators, one is flying and the other one is doing his nails, the army guy meoows like a cat and dies from a heart attack.

-Fin-

oh wow, there's not really any way to follow up on this. It's too good.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Pure f**king brilliance... :laugh:

D88M

D88M

man, everything is wrong in that movie, i would have to make a long-ass list, it is really complex, they have thrown some good ideas here already

SM

SM

Page 1 re-write.  PredAlien slaughters the Predators on the ship and egg morphs them.  A century or two later marines come across the ship drifting in deep space.  Carnage ensues.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Apr 25, 2017, 07:22:36 AM
Page 1 re-write.  PredAlien slaughters the Predators on the ship and egg morphs them.  A century or two later marines come across the ship drifting in deep space.  Carnage ensues.

Good idea, except for the marines 'finding the ship' part. 

Infected

Infected

Quote from: blood. on Apr 24, 2017, 08:57:05 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 21, 2017, 08:51:18 PM

-Fin-

oh wow, there's not really any way to follow up on this. It's too good.
Thanks man, appreciate that.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Better yet....not making avp requiem in the first place  :laugh:

But if I did and it had to be a follow up from the first. I would have the predalien kill a few predators but they fought back in a more competent way, driving the predalien off for awhile, however, damage to the ships means it just floating there in space within earth's radar range. The surviving predator seal of areas to try and contain the Xenomorph, meanwhile the predalien frees the contained facehuggers, which scatter throughout the ship. After some time, the Predalien queen fully evolves and starts laying eggs.
Unable to risk further confrontations with their advanced weapons due to the ship's current status, they send a distress signal to Wolf. Meanwhile after a week or so, the government sends some humans to investigate and they discover the damaged ship....things progress from there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 25, 2017, 07:22:36 AM

That I would have been able to get behind! Just steer the series back into the direction most of us wanted it to be in in the first place. If they do another AvP (and I still hope they do), I want it to be more in line with this vision of the film a lot of people have.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Step 1. Get it off Earth, especially a present day neighborhood

Step 2. You know that brightness bar you use to adjust your phone lighting? Do that ×10

happypred

happypred

Give the Strause bros credit...they originally pitched a space story

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

They did and fox said it would be too expensive or something like that. lame excuse if you ask me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed