NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,441 times)

drsmuts

drsmuts

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2021, 07:54:22 AM
That's why I don't tend to buy NECA's human figures. They never have as good likeness as the actual prototypes.

The worst one for me was Alien 3 Ripley. I know it's down to the difference between a carefully hand painted figure for promo purposes and a mass market factory job but that really pushed it.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: drsmuts on Apr 03, 2021, 09:32:41 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2021, 07:54:22 AM
That's why I don't tend to buy NECA's human figures. They never have as good likeness as the actual prototypes.

The worst one for me was Alien 3 Ripley. I know it's down to the difference between a carefully hand painted figure for promo purposes and a mass market factory job but that really pushed it.
That may've always been the case - the prototypes looking better than the final product.

Looking at vintage toy ads for the old Kenner STAR WARS line of 3 & 3/4-inch action figures, Hoth Solo, Hoth Rebel Soldier, and the two bounty hunters, Bossk and IG-88, have additional painted details, etc.

dHunter333

dHunter333

The black/blue Rhino Alien is sweet! I like him more than the red one, and I liked that one quite a bit! This guy will go great with some blue Aliens Xenomorphs. He is available at both Walmart and Target now, I've seen tons at various Targets lately.

Here he is in the package.

Here they are standing upright.

Then on all fours.

2 new ones and 2 old ones.

Entire Kenner collection.

Taking on a bunch of Colonial Marines.

Here is my YouTube review on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec6-iM2atOE&t=6s

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really like him in the blue! Didn't realise they stood up well either. Hmmmm. Tempted now.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm a Kenner traditionalist, I definitely prefer the orange Rhino Alien.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 17, 2021, 07:33:49 AM
I'm a Kenner traditionalist, I definitely prefer the orange Rhino Alien.
Same. Every time I see the blue version, I think "No! Those are gorilla colors!"

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

@All NECA Kenner Aliens

Kailem

Kailem

The blue does look good as a slightly more traditional colour, but yeah I also prefer the original orangey-red. As was already mentioned, dems Gorilla colours!

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I'll probably end up buying it considering Alien Day is right around the corner!

Master

Master

Blueish Rhino looks cool. Definitely a piece to pick!

What I'd love to NECA consider releasing is AvP Queen. I think it's the only major film creature they didn't release.  Come on NECA AvP Queen with chains and supporting lift would sell big time!

dHunter333

dHunter333

Happy Alien Day.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

NECA teased a Flying Alien Queen for reveal today.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Get the f**k outta here  :o

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yes but for real though honestly- I know a lot of people want that, but I'm so tired of the mold reuse and the Kenner figures, still waiting on film accurate Alien Covenant figures (Translucent plastic Neomorphs, CGI accurate Praetomorph), a CGI Sean Fifield or Abomination, properly scaled Engineer figures, Blue Marsalis and a good AlienĀ³ Runner figure, and Dave Dorman's PredAlien.

But I guess I have to wait for an expensive overseas company to do them in ten or twenty f**king years if at all...

Master

Master

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 26, 2021, 07:26:53 AM
NECA teased a Flying Alien Queen for reveal today.

Ehhhh, no luck for my AvP Queen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed