Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by Neila - Today at 07:18:44 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 04:39:52 AMIn all seriousness, it wouldn't even have to be an *actual* "Alien" story as opposed to character stories.

In my head I simply picture a 3-issue comic book run inspired by the line in Alien 3; "I had a horrible dream in Hypersleep, and I had to be sure how she died"

Issue 1; Starts with a recap of end-fight in Aliens as the backdrop to some comic book monologue about survival, only addition being just prior to that we see something drop from the shadows of the dropship landing gear; a small palm-sized black sticky cluster that hits the floor and burns in (just prior to Bishop noticing the burning by his foot and being impaled).. monologue ends as Queen is blasted out of airlock, and Ripley closes Newts cryotube. Focus on Newts face in hyper sleep revealing she's isn't dreaming, but is reliving a nightmare. *title page* Then rest of issue follows Newt's nightmare (mix of actual and dreamt events, on LV426). Issue ends with a quick shot of the cluster hanging beneath the flooring, bigger than when we saw it at the start, with black resin creeping outwards.

Issue 2; Starts days later from where issue 1 ended, with weeping acid from the growing cluster burning through a cable beneath the floor. CRT monitor in cryo chamber reports malfunction, and all 4 tubes open. As the crew awaken, Newt asking if they are home yet, Hicks delivers the news that there has been a problem, and they are going to have to use the civilian freezers on the lower deck. We get some technobabble about why you can't go back into cryo for at least 48 hours after hyper sleep (health reasons/strain on the body, etc), and we are treated with a montage of Newt, Ripley and Hicks enjoying some family time on the Sulaco, eating together in the mess hall, playing etc. Switch to a shot of Hicks sleeping in bed next to Ripley, Newt on a bunk opposite. Hicks is sweating, and clearly showing signs of distress in his sleep. *title page* then we follow Hick's nightmare (again, real events (ie; Mission on Arcturia with his squad, drinks with the locals/ Vasquez and Drake smirking amongst themselves as Frost leaves with a beautiful Asian girl hanging on his arm etc etc.. that slowly changes into a horrifying nightmare of fictional events with the squad all fighting a xeno infestation) issue ends with Ripley waking Hicks, they all move to the civilian cryotubes to resume their journey home. Cluster in the dark has grown substantially and two of the shapes are now visibly large ovomorphs, with smaller undeveloped ones clustered around them.

Issue 3; same format as above, starts with monologue, one ovomorph opens and two legs can be seen emerging. Cut to Ripley's cryotube; *title page* Then we get Ripley's nightmare; a mismatch of events from 'Alien', but on board Gateway Station, with frequent blurred lines between a young Amanda and Newt..nightmare ends with a facehugger on Newt's face. Final shot is Ripley's cracked cryotube with the silhouette of a facehugger over as she lays breathing heavy but sleeping as the "Emergency escape vehicle launching" sirens ring out.

Origin of the eggs, multiple huggers OR one (depending how you choose to interpret it) Ripley's nightmare fuelled by being half awake and semi-aware of what is going on (reference made to it in Alien 3 whilst taking with Clemens), and cryotube differences explained..without the need for yet another Alien encounter between. Bonus family time for Ripley, Newt and Hicks for the Alien 3 haters.

I'd be happy with that. 😂

impressive.
That would make a good novel or a cool comic, maybe even an animated series.
I like Alien 3 as it is and I'm glad that this film exists, but I always find alternative stories interesting.
and your idea is definitely interesting.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 03:43:25 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 10, 2012, 11:11:26 PMBishop said the company knew everything that happened on the ship, right?  So maybe they knew an alien egg was on board and diverted it to Fury 161, just like they diverted the Nostromo to LV-426.

After all, Fury 161 was a remote, company-owned backwater populated by the dregs of humanity.  Maybe they intended to use the place as a laboratory and the prisoners as hosts.

That would explain how the company ship got there so fast: it was already en route when Andrews requested a rescue team.

that fits like a glove.
General Alien-Predator Merchandise / Re: NECA Aliens
Last post by (Bad Blood) - Today at 06:59:09 AM
Hey has anyone else experienced hairline cracks on their Xenos translucent dome? My Alien Resurrection Warrior, AVP warrior, Ultimate Big Chap all have this issue. Two of them were still in the packaging as well. Also saw a Resurrection Warrior at target and it also had these cracks.
We decided to only focus on Alien for this interview. We're going to record another session with Steve in a month or so and talk about Alien vs/Predator.
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Kimarhi - Today at 06:34:41 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 10:21:39 PMFresh homemade cornbread can be delicious.  The kind that you might get served in the USMC is probably terrible.

@Kimarhi Have you ever had military cornbread?

Yes.  But I wouldn't say it is any better or worse than most cornbread.  It actually has a sweet aftertaste, which having taste at all is very un military like. 
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 19, 2024, 04:43:54 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 14, 2024, 05:55:51 PMSuper Predators

*angry Corporal noises*
:laugh:
It's funny, I know there can be many ways to write Predators but Perry kind of set the tone to Predator thought and culture to the point of the iconic Yautja species name that is formed into the lore, so its kind of like I do wanna hear about his takes on other Predator characterizations. He's an OG in these things and all that so I can't help but wonder.
Just finished the second issue. It revealed some things that I've been wondering for a while now and it's gotten me hooked:

Spoiler
Confirmed that Awja is not only fine but is working for a still existing OWLF. Leaves open to interpretation that perhaps OWLF didn't fail as Keyes thought it did. Maybe even went back to it and turned things around, seeing how he was losing faith in OWLF in the last recording in PHG.

Last John was active was in a Thai jungle before the kidnapping. Wonder what was that mission was about.
THEORY: Dutch did had a fight with Cleopatra in Laos I believe so perhaps John was tracking her trail and got kidnapped.

John is still looking for Dutch, thinking that he might have been kidnapped like the others.
[close]

Couldn't help but grin at that one panel with Theta, John, Paolo, and a huge ass crew behind her on a new mission all together. Kind of nice to see she gots some great help after being solo, than a duo for so long. I'm still not all that ok with how the last issue portrayed the Predators animosity towards Theta, but I hope the next issues make up for it.
Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 04:39:52 AM
In all seriousness, it wouldn't even have to be an *actual* "Alien" story as opposed to character stories.

In my head I simply picture a 3-issue comic book run inspired by the line in Alien 3; "I had a horrible dream in Hypersleep, and I had to be sure how she died"

Issue 1; Starts with a recap of end-fight in Aliens as the backdrop to some comic book monologue about survival, only addition being just prior to that we see something drop from the shadows of the dropship landing gear; a small palm-sized black sticky cluster that hits the floor and burns in (just prior to Bishop noticing the burning by his foot and being impaled).. monologue ends as Queen is blasted out of airlock, and Ripley closes Newts cryotube. Focus on Newts face in hyper sleep revealing she's isn't dreaming, but is reliving a nightmare. *title page* Then rest of issue follows Newt's nightmare (mix of actual and dreamt events, on LV426). Issue ends with a quick shot of the cluster hanging beneath the flooring, bigger than when we saw it at the start, with black resin creeping outwards.

Issue 2; Starts days later from where issue 1 ended, with weeping acid from the growing cluster burning through a cable beneath the floor. CRT monitor in cryo chamber reports malfunction, and all 4 tubes open. As the crew awaken, Newt asking if they are home yet, Hicks delivers the news that there has been a problem, and they are going to have to use the civilian freezers on the lower deck. We get some technobabble about why you can't go back into cryo for at least 48 hours after hyper sleep (health reasons/strain on the body, etc), and we are treated with a montage of Newt, Ripley and Hicks enjoying some family time on the Sulaco, eating together in the mess hall, playing etc. Switch to a shot of Hicks sleeping in bed next to Ripley, Newt on a bunk opposite. Hicks is sweating, and clearly showing signs of distress in his sleep. *title page* then we follow Hick's nightmare (again, real events (ie; Mission on Arcturia with his squad, drinks with the locals/ Vasquez and Drake smirking amongst themselves as Frost leaves with a beautiful Asian girl hanging on his arm etc etc.. that slowly changes into a horrifying nightmare of fictional events with the squad all fighting a xeno infestation) issue ends with Ripley waking Hicks, they all move to the civilian cryotubes to resume their journey home. Cluster in the dark has grown substantially and two of the shapes are now visibly large ovomorphs, with smaller undeveloped ones clustered around them.

Issue 3; same format as above, starts with monologue, one ovomorph opens and two legs can be seen emerging. Cut to Ripley's cryotube; *title page* Then we get Ripley's nightmare; a mismatch of events from 'Alien', but on board Gateway Station, with frequent blurred lines between a young Amanda and Newt..nightmare ends with a facehugger on Newt's face. Final shot is Ripley's cracked cryotube with the silhouette of a facehugger over as she lays breathing heavy but sleeping as the "Emergency escape vehicle launching" sirens ring out.

Origin of the eggs, multiple huggers OR one (depending how you choose to interpret it) Ripley's nightmare fuelled by being half awake and semi-aware of what is going on (reference made to it in Alien 3 whilst taking with Clemens), and cryotube differences explained..without the need for yet another Alien encounter between. Bonus family time for Ripley, Newt and Hicks for the Alien 3 haters.

I'd be happy with that. 😂
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 01:08:49 PMI do find it easier to rewatch than the prequels, if only because the lore is not as damaged by it compared to the prequels.
I never had anything against Resurrection, it's an unnecessary film? Yes, it is but it's better than any of both AvP and Prometheus and it's a fun movie
A lot.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed