Facehuggers

Started by The Chibi Kiriyama, Oct 17, 2007, 10:05:33 PM

Author
Facehuggers (Read 44,665 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I won't profess myself to be some genius and I may be completely wrong, but has anyone noticed this about the new facehugger design?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1525/avprhuggerog7.jpg

It looks like a Queen facehugger due to the webbing in between the digits and the armored impression, but it has an odd speckled on pattern all around as if it were connected to this movie's PredAlien. If you've been keeping up with the Jones' as it were, you might have heard that they're introducing something new to the life cycle. Is this it...a PredAlien version of the Queen facehugger?

If this is the case it might explain why the PredAlien/Chet looks like a Queen yet definitely has Predator traits at the same time. Maybe this mystery facehugger is an intentionally created hybrid.

EDIT: Thinking about it now...does that also explain the pink bits? Maybe it literally has something either underneath or in front that references the Predator's mouth.

pmaz11

I think that the facehuggers will be able to keep planting embryos in humans and whatever else as much as they want until there killed....that'd wouldn't be enitrely unbelievable.

- I like that better then making Chet like a Queen or whatever.

echobbase79

I think the Predalien is already alive when the movie starts because it kills off all the preds on the scout ship.

I think that facehugger is just a different design.

But you do raise some good questions.

Ballzanya

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Oct 17, 2007, 10:08:50 PM
I think that the facehuggers will be able to keep planting embryos in humans and whatever else as much as they want until there killed....that'd wouldn't be enitrely unbelievable.

- I like that better then making Chet like a Queen or whatever.

Well, maybe the facehuggers have been genetically modified by the predators. Maybe the pink spot is the wound from some kind of injection, that is healing up. However i doubt this is the case, but just throwing it out there in terms of possiblities.

SiL

There's no webbing between the fingers, no armour over the sacks, and it's nowhere near as large.

Master

It does not have one if it`s legs, and those colors are it`s wound. I don`t mind seeing super facehugger, but the one that is not dieing afere implantations would be even "Hyper facehugger". To far away from canon.

BUGZ

It looks nothing like the "Queen facehugger design" im afraid. It is the exact same hugger design from all previous ADI work from the alien films - except they have given it a more darker tone with slight highlights. It is just the same design and pulled from the same mold.

Bri :)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 17, 2007, 10:10:38 PM
I think the Predalien is already alive when the movie starts because it kills off all the preds on the scout ship.

If the crash kills off everything save a Pred that can send out a distress signal, then that wouldn't be an issue. It would just mean that the PredAlien at the beginning might not be the same one we see later. We know that the Strause's have re-written the script, and the test tubes seem to infer that the Preds have a specific intention to create a controlled infestation like in the comics. Maybe this facehugger survives, implants the older male with a PredAlien embryo, and then we get another. The only messy thing I can think of is how Chet could create pure Aliens being a hybrid and all.

It'd explain a lot- why Chet is a Queen, as well as why it looks more like a crossbred Alien than the normal mostly-pure variety.

QuoteThere's no webbing between the fingers,

I would implore you to click on the pic so as to magnify it and check again. I can clearly see brown membrane there covering our view of the hunter's flesh-toned skin on the left side of the pic.

Quoteno armour over the sacks, and it's nowhere near as large.

Two things- if it's a hybrid, it won't look the same; the second is that ADI is notorious for updating their designs after the fact.

Another EDIT: the hunter doesn't seem to be cocooned which would suggest there's an absence of an adult Alien, so perhaps this is like AVP in that it just bursts out once he comes to while still in the open woods.

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 17, 2007, 10:23:32 PM

If the crash kills off everything save a Pred that can send out a distress signal, then that wouldn't be an issue. It would just mean that the PredAlien at the beginning might not be the same one we see later. We know that the Strause's have re-written the script, and the test tubes seem to infer that the Preds have a specific intention to create a controlled infestation like in the comics. Maybe this facehugger survives, implants the older male with a PredAlien embryo, and then we get another. The only messy thing I can think of is how Chet could create pure Aliens being a hybrid and all.

It'd explain a lot- why Chet is a Queen, as well as why it looks more like a crossbred Alien than the normal mostly-pure variety.

QuoteThere's no webbing between the fingers,

I would implore you to click on the pic so as to magnify it and check again. I can clearly see brown membrane there covering our view of the hunter's flesh-toned skin on the left side of the pic.

Quoteno armour over the sacks, and it's nowhere near as large.

Two things- if it's a hybrid, it won't look the same; the second is that ADI is notorious for updating their designs after the fact.

Another EDIT: the hunter doesn't seem to be cocooned which would suggest there's an absence of an adult Alien, so perhaps this is like AVP in that it just bursts out once he comes to while still in the open woods.

Yeah the fact that he's not cocooned implies the predalien was not around to do so. This makes sense if the predalien is a queen and its laying eggs at this point. I'm sure the two aliens do burst out in the woods and maybe wolf tracks the predalien to the sewer where its nesting but it escapes when the two aliens seen in the sewer in the trailer keep him distracted. So most likely those are the two aliens that burst from the hunter and his son. The chestburster in the green band/population trailer is probably one of the two.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I don't see them having to different Predaliens in the film. But you could be right. It could very well happen. 

I have heard rumblings of another Predalien being born through another predator that created the whole mess to begin with. A renegade predator trying to stir up some shit if you will.

But I take that as fan BS!

Plokoon111

I love how its the same prop from AVP, the exact, accept with a new paint job.

Nightmare

theres no weebing, the thing that loosk webing its actually facehugger body, the colour makes it look liek weebing tough....

but fingers are only actually begingig after the sayd webing, so doesnt really make sense.......

i like the hybrid idea, in trailer huggers seemed normal

Xenomorphine

There is no Queen, according to the directors. The Predalien just has its own method of reproduction, that's all. The same as the one in 'Alien' seemed to do.

Master

I like two predaliens idea. The one that is "egg bearing not queen predalien" and the second one that is just a warrior, leader to other aliens. Then it would be logical that the one who is dieing on the rooftop of hospital is not Predalein queen Chet, but her general/leader of warriors, and the final battle with Real Boss Chet has not yet been showned to us. But it is just my high expectation that will not happen. ( Now I am going to sleep. Good night)

SiL

Implore away - You're still wrong. There is very clearly no webbing between the fingers. There are fleshy bits between the bones on the body of the hugger, but between the fingers themselves there's nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed