Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!!

Started by ace3g, Jan 20, 2017, 01:29:33 AM

Author
Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!! (Read 39,197 times)

ace3g

ace3g

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/822251099331575810

Great actor!!!

QuoteIf a deal is sealed, Brown will play a government agent who jails Holbrook's ex-Marine character, but later needs his help with the Predators.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sterling-k-brown-talks-join-shane-blacks-predator-966205

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Hmm, never heard of him. Hopefully he turns out to be a good pick.

BishopShouldGo

This cast is going to be full of awesomely talented cheap people.

But yeah this guy is dope anyway.

echobbase79

Well one good aspect about all of this non-A list cast is that it looks like all of the budget is going to go towards the effects. I know ADI will give us some great stuff on their end.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a one solid A-list actor though. Hoping it's Arnold.

The Joker

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 02:33:49 AM

Well one good aspect about all of this non-A list cast is that it looks like all of the budget is going to go towards the effects. I know ADI will give us some great stuff on their end.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a one solid A-list actor though. Hoping it's Arnold.

Yep, I think that's exactly what they are going for. I'd imagine it's going to have a huge budget and they will probably sell the film to people with Arnold coming back as Dutch. I hope they keep his character a mystery though (like Luke Skywalker in E7, minus the whole showing up at the end for 2 seconds part lol). I think that could be a great way to market the film.

BishopShouldGo

lol. that's not how movies work. you don't have to decide between good effects and A-list actors. you can have both

SiL

Not if you don't have the money.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

I love this casting choice. The guy is fantastic in The People vs OJ. I imagine his popularity will grow even more after his role in Black Panther so that's great too.

Being realistic and looking at it from a business standpoint, it seems the studio doesn't want to blow the budget on big names that'll lower the probability of this rated R film making a profit while still having big enough set pieces. Having it all would warrant a huge budget. Sure, Deadpool made all the money in the world, but even that budget was limited and it didn't have very big or numerous stars and set pieces.

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 20, 2017, 03:02:12 AM
lol. that's not how movies work. you don't have to decide between good effects and A-list actors. you can have both

I agree you can have both, but this movie doesn't seem to have that kind of budget when it comes to casting.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

QuoteI agree you can have both, but this movie doesn't seem to have that kind of budget when it comes to casting.
Agreed, not many R rated films do. Big cast, big set pieces, plus violence from an 80s franchise? In this climate of giant superhero pg13 jam packed years? They are playing smart I think - and the cast is full of (imo) up-in-comers, which I love.

ALSO: I love how the information given says "...needs his help with the PredatorS" :D

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Jan 20, 2017, 03:39:42 AM

welllll the whole reason this particular movie was greenlit is because fox said to shane: MONEY!!!!!!

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 20, 2017, 03:46:09 AM
I love this casting choice. The guy is fantastic in The People vs OJ. I imagine his popularity will grow even more after his role in Black Panther so that's great too.

Being realistic and looking at it from a business standpoint, it seems the studio doesn't want to blow the budget on big names that'll lower the probability of this rated R film making a profit while still having big enough set pieces. Having it all would warrant a huge budget. Sure, Deadpool made all the money in the world, but even that budget was limited and it didn't have very big or numerous stars and set pieces.

lol even deadpool had ryan reynolds.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 03:50:10 AM

I agree you can have both, but this movie doesn't seem to have that kind of budget when it comes to casting.

it's not that they don't have money, it's that A listers dont want to be caught dead in this movie. are we all forgetting that everyone from ben affleck to bradley cooper to mark ruffalo was offered this movie? I think we're all forgetting this isnt a money issue

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 20, 2017, 04:54:06 AM

welllll the whole reason this particular movie was greenlit is because fox said to shane: MONEY!!!!!!

it's not that they don't have money, it's that A listers dont want to be caught dead in this movie. are we all forgetting that everyone from ben affleck to bradley cooper to mark ruffalo was offered this movie? I think we're all forgetting this isnt a money issue

I didn't know these people were approached. I can see why Affleck wouldn't do it though because caught up playing Batman. As for Cooper and Ruffalo did they give any reasons why didn't won't to be involved?

This is does make me worried about the script though. That is if these actors declined because of that.

SiL

You have no idea how much. He keeps saying they'll treat it like an event picture, but they clearly don't have the money of one.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quotelol even deadpool had ryan reynolds.
How much do you think Reynolds cost the studio to cast in Deadpool? At that point in his career, he was actually box office poison and anything but a draw. Before Deadpool he was attached to Self/Less, Criminal, The Voices, Woman in Gold, RIPD, Mississippi Grind, and other movies I've never heard of because his status wasn't "A-lister." Just because people knew who he was didn't mean he was an A-lister (people know who Nicholas Cage and John Cusack are too). Let's call it like it is: Deadpool resurrected his career from the cheap and/or direct to redbox stuff.

Yes, Reynolds brought an incredible amount to the Deadpool project, but it wasn't his name that made the difference - it was his dedication, humor, style, and talent behind an anomaly of a film that had great word of mouth and an excellent marketing campaign with essentially no real competition at the beginning of the year.

QuoteThis is does make me worried about the script though. That is if these actors declined because of that.
Though it's possible, I doubt Shane Black gave the thumbs up to a script that actors don't like. Especially in a world where 2016's X-MEN Apocalypse, Collateral Beauty, Assassin's Creed, Suicide Squad, Huntsman: Winters War,  Allied, Gold, Sleepless, and BvS attained many or a few A-listers with their garbage scripts. Maybe a few big names didn't like the script itself, but I imagine the script isn't the problem.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Jan 20, 2017, 05:10:45 AM

You have no idea how much. He keeps saying they'll treat it like an event picture, but they clearly don't have the money of one.

It's funny. They'd make a lot more on it if it had an A lister in the first place.

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 20, 2017, 05:23:21 AM
Quotelol even deadpool had ryan reynolds.
At that point in his career, he was actually box office poison and anything but a draw. Before Deadpool he was attached to Self/Less, Criminal, The Voices, Woman in Gold, RIPD, Mississippi Grind, and other movies I've never heard of because his status wasn't "A-lister." Just because people knew who he was didn't mean he was an A-lister (people know who Nicholas Cage and John Cusack are too). Let's call it like it is: Deadpool resurrected his career from the cheap and/or direct to redbox stuff.

Yes, Reynolds brought an incredible amount to the Deadpool project, but it wasn't his name that made the difference - it was his dedication, humor, style, and talent behind an anomaly of a film that had great word of mouth and an excellent marketing campaign with essentially no real competition at the beginning of the year.

QuoteThis is does make me worried about the script though. That is if these actors declined because of that.
Though it's possible, I doubt Shane Black gave the thumbs up to a script that actors don't like. Especially in a world where 2016's X-MEN Apocalypse, Collateral Beauty, Assassin's Creed, Suicide Squad, Huntsman: Winters War,  Allied, Gold, Sleepless, and BvS attained many or a few A-listers with their garbage scripts. Maybe a few big names didn't like the script itself, but I imagine the script isn't the problem.

...stealth_hunter? People know who Ryan Reynolds is and that is that is that is that. Hell! He'd have been great for The Predator.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 05:01:03 AM

I didn't know these people were approached. I can see why Affleck wouldn't do it though because caught up playing Batman. As for Cooper and Ruffalo did they give any reasons why didn't won't to be involved?

This is does make me worried about the script though. That is if these actors declined because of that.

Cooper wasn't available until August 2017. And even if he were though, would he still want to do it? f**k that'd have been surreal and awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed