Robert Rodriguez "Not involved" in upcoming Predator sequel.

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 01, 2014, 08:38:37 PM

Author
Robert Rodriguez "Not involved" in upcoming Predator sequel. (Read 27,448 times)

DaddyYautja

So this means no Super Black Outcast Predators?

ShadowPred

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 03, 2014, 12:22:52 AM
So this means no Super Black Outcast Predators?

Hopefully none of that garbage happens.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 03, 2014, 12:46:58 AM
Hopefully none of that garbage happens.

I agree.. I vehemently agree with this.

Personally, I don't see the appeal in the Super Predators.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I knew he won't be back given that he seems to be busy with other projects. It took them almost 10 years for Sin City 2 to happen and he still wants to do Machete 3, the last time I checked. Fox seems to move this movie forward fast, I guess we will get a director (hoping Shane Black will) soon and they might casting soon as well. It would be cool to have both Prometheus and Predator 4 in 2016.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 03, 2014, 01:13:01 AM
Fox seems to move this movie forward fast, I guess we will get a director (hoping Shane Black will) soon and they might casting soon as well.

I would think that Black is already attached to direct. Everything out there seems to suggest that he is the chosen director already but things are too early to call and rightly so. Maybe we'll hear something at SDCC.. Keep an eye out.

HATE

i do think the 'super predator' was a f**king stupid idea.

Spoonman101

I feel almost guaranteed that the Super Predators will return regardless of Director...

worldpeace

i feel you are wrong. this would more likely have a hunting clan like at the end of predator 2. i think shane has his own ideas, none of which will involve super predator .  it depends but this movie could end up better the anything we've seen. it could also elevate shanes status as a film maker if he succeeds. this is a huge jolt of life to the franchise .  i didn't realise new management at fox was responsible for this happening i bet they throw much more money at this then predators.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: worldpeace on Jul 03, 2014, 08:33:55 AMi didn't realise new management at fox was responsible for this happening i bet they throw much more money at this then predators.

People are obsessed with money. The first Predator was a pretty low-budget film. They spent well over twice as much making Predators, and it certainly wasn't twice as good of a film. The budget isn't that important if it's done right.

worldpeace

worldpeace

i think in this case it can help. it depends on the script. the scale and size of locations, what kind of money the actors get paid. if they can hire the right people and make a film better then avp, avpr and predators with 40million then great.... im just saying id rather they  hire the right people and give them all the time and money needed.

i dont hate im disagreeing with him. what a tremendous exaggeration of a post. ::)

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 03, 2014, 08:45:45 AM
Quote from: worldpeace on Jul 03, 2014, 08:33:55 AM
i feel you are wrong.

HuDaFuK

But money in no way equals a great movie. Many of the greatest movies have been made on limited budgets, purely because it forces people to be more creative with what they have.

Give a production unlimited cash and you get the latest Transformers movie.

worldpeace

im not disagreeing with you . im saying in these cir cumstances it needs more then 40million . i understand what you are saying, you dont need too repeat yourself soo much. avp. avr and predators look and feel cheap. maybe money could fix that?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2014, 08:51:07 AM
But money in no way equals a great movie. Many of the greatest movies have been made on limited budgets, purely because it forces people to be more creative with what they have.

Give a production unlimited cash and you get the latest Transformers movie.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: worldpeace on Jul 03, 2014, 08:59:25 AMim not disagreeing with you . im saying in these cir cumstances it needs more then 40million . i understand what you are saying, you dont need too repeat yourself soo much. avp. avr and predators look and feel cheap. maybe money could fix that?

AVP cost $60 million to make, and it still looked kinda rubbish. If they can make Predator look as good as it did with just $15 million, they do not need a heap of cash this time. They just need to put in the effort.

Spoonman101

Quote from: worldpeace on Jul 03, 2014, 08:47:32 AM
i dont hate im disagreeing with him. what a tremendous exaggeration of a post. ::)
How could something be exaggerated when it has no substance to begin with...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed