Xenomorph Costume?!

Started by Thyfrogcatcher, Feb 06, 2010, 12:21:33 PM

Author
Xenomorph Costume?! (Read 53,105 times)

Thyfrogcatcher

Thyfrogcatcher

When I was looking up information about the new AVP game, I accidentally ran across a picture of fan made  Xenomorph Costume.  Its was replica quality to say the least.  I'm thinking about trying to make one of these.   Now I'm wondering how they made it?
I have never made a organic looking/ latex based costume before, but I'm willing to learn.  Any information would help.

Is there an online community dedicated to Xenomorph costumes?
Any supplies or intrusion for these costumes.
Any info where to get parts or kits
And anything else.

I'm aware it will cost an arm and a leg, plus loads of time.  Which I admit it will most likely be a few years before I can complete this.  But I think it will be well worth it.

SiL

SiL

Most of the Aliens suits you see online are based on a kit. I don't know where to find it, but one of the members on this site bought one and did up his own suit.

However, if you have a lot of time, money, and resources, you could try doing what this guy did:

http://membres.lycos.fr/giger/index.html

The head would be an utter bitch to make, but it's a pretty sweet-looking suit.

BUGZ

BUGZ

Hey man,

Welcome to the forum. I own a warrior suit based on James Cameron's Bug. I bought it as a kit form for a fair bit of money. I think his kits sell for $850 these days.

There is ALOT of work needed to complete the suit. It took me just over 3 months to perfect it. If you have spare time I would recomend a Jay Boden suit. (I'll PM you with details)

Here is the kit:

initial build-up:

Final result:

Bri ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I still get turned on every time I see that suit.

BUGZ

BUGZ

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2010, 02:09:19 PM
I still get turned on every time I see that suit.

Me too man ... me too!  ;D

Thyfrogcatcher

Thyfrogcatcher

Quote from: BUGZ on Feb 07, 2010, 01:57:03 PM
Hey man,

Welcome to the forum. I own a warrior suit based on James Cameron's Bug. I bought it as a kit form for a fair bit of money. I think his kits sell for $850 these days.

There is ALOT of work needed to complete the suit. It took me just over 3 months to perfect it. If you have spare time I would recomend a Jay Boden suit. (I'll PM you with details)

Here is the kit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/bmctoonz/SP_A0529.jpg

initial build-up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/bmctoonz/P1010146.jpg

Final result:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/bmctoonz/PB040007-1.jpg

Bri ;)

$850 for that doesnt seem too bad.  Where did you get it at?

BUGZ

BUGZ

Sent you a PM dude.

Bri ;)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

me and my girlfriend are workin on plans to make a suit like this, but resembling the Giger Alien and having an animatronic mouth with tongue.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Those are awesome! I would totally do this had i the spare change.

BSW624

BSW624

Wow BUGZ very nice, I cant own a suit like that simply because I'd have too much fun  :D

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

Wow BUGZ, the suit is ust amazing but what is really incredible is the work you put on it, the paint is just amazing!

superdeathpredator

superdeathpredator

Nice bugz i wish i could have a xenomorph costume! I would want the one from avp! That one is really detailed!

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: superdeathpredator on Feb 12, 2010, 02:56:48 PM
Nice bugz i wish i could have a xenomorph costume! I would want the one from avp! That one is really detailed!

The one's from AvP and AvPR are the least detailed.

Biomech has been replaced by floppy fleshy shit.

BUGZ

BUGZ

Thanks for the nice compliments guys!

BuGz ;D

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Love the suit Bugz!

Just for sh*ts and giggles check out some of this guys alien and predator costume-esk things. If he put these in a suit it would be amazing!

Some crazy stuff right there, he also has some pretty nice predator stuff as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed