ALIEN DAY: Sigourney Weaver Talks A5 at Aliens Special Event

Started by CainsSon, Apr 27, 2016, 05:20:37 AM

Author
ALIEN DAY: Sigourney Weaver Talks A5 at Aliens Special Event (Read 39,810 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm not 100% positive but I'm sure some horror franchises (Halloween?) and maybe even Godzilla has done that? Now I'll sound kind of snobby  but I consider Alien superior to them so it bothers me that that is a possibility. I'm not sold on the idea of a retcon either.

However, if Alien 3.2 turns out to be good the reset might not be a terrible thing. It'll remove Alien Resurrection and that off-handed destruction of the old EU. It might open up a better universe for them to play in.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: J.T. on Apr 27, 2016, 08:56:42 AM
You missed the part where the audience BOOed "Prometheus 2" after she brought it up.

I have reffered to Ridley Scott as being Judas Iscariot to Neill Blomkamp Jesus.

Blomkamp was born to direct an ALIEN film and seeing the concept art of "ALIENS-2.0" being on-par with the ALIENS comics with a hint of his own dystopian signature, I was down for this.

Prometheus 2? With a $404 Million Box Office against a $130 Million budget I'm surprised 20th Century chose "dyed in the wool" Ridley rather than go with a new creative Director who could potentially bump the series to $1 Billion with the nostalgia that is Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn.

Whiskeybrewer

I'm not sure about this running parallel thing. Is it a time warp, a worm hole or what?

Even Halloween H2O, continued the story of the previous films (minus Season of the Witch of course), sure they retconned a tiny bit, but pretty much said everything else still happened. So why cant Alien 5/3.2/BlomkampVerse

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 10:51:11 AMI'm not 100% positive but I'm sure some horror franchises (Halloween?) and maybe even Godzilla has done that?

I'm fairly certain Halloween was a continuous series until they did the remake/reboot. And the Godzilla restarts have been just that - restarts. In fact they're a pretty relevant example - the 1984 film was an alternative sequel to the 1954 original. The '84 film then spawned its own line of sequels, none of which had any relation to the many sequels made between '54 and '84. The original series was essentially moved aside and left.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 27, 2016, 11:08:15 AMI'm not sure about this running parallel thing. Is it a time warp, a worm hole or what?.

I believe they will go with the "it was all a dream/nightmare" for ALIEN 3 and Resurrection or ALIENS 5 will just not acknowledge them.

Or maybe it will be like JJ Abrams (2009) STAR TREK where the timeline is disrupted so ALIEN 3 and Resurrection are "delayed" and Ripley experiences them later.

Corporal Hicks

Both of which I really do not want. The scary thing is the nightmare thing would work - it's been a thing in Alien since the first film and ADF had professional "dreamers" whose dreams are recorded for entertainment.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 11:15:19 AM
I'm fairly certain Halloween was a continuous series until they did the remake/reboot. And the Godzilla restarts have been just that - restarts. In fact they're a pretty relevant example - the 1984 film was an alternative sequel to the 1954 original. The '84 film then spawned its own line of sequels, none of which had any relation to the many sequels made between '54 and '84. The original series was essentially moved aside and left.

Fair enough. I didn't really know.

Whiskeybrewer

Star Trek is an Alternate Reality i think. I believe they do state it in the film, so that the original films and shows post Enterprise do still happen but we are focusing on the reality that Nero caused.

I'd rather even that didnt happen in the Alien series. Its just the Blomkamp got the film because he posted pics he'd done basically saying here's what i would have done

Corporal Hicks

It worked really well for Star Trek because of the concepts and history of the show. It wouldn't work for Alien.

Whiskeybrewer

HuDaFuK

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Apr 27, 2016, 11:16:05 AMOr maybe it will be like JJ Abrams (2009) STAR TREK where the timeline is disrupted so ALIEN 3 and Resurrection are "delayed" and Ripley experiences them later.

That's not what Star Trek did at all. The earlier films won't happen after the new ones, when Spock and Nero went back in time they changed everything. The original films will no longer happen for the crew of the new movies.

And as Hicks said, time-travel shenanigans wouldn't translate well to Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 11:32:33 AM
That's not what Star Trek did at all. The earlier films won't happen after the new ones, when Spock and Nero went back in time they changed everything. The original films will no longer happen for the crew of the new movies.

*cough*Into Darkness*cough*

Not to derail the thread.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Well, that's a good example actually. It was the same characters we've already seen but in completely new, incongruous scenarios.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 11:32:33 AM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Apr 27, 2016, 11:16:05 AMOr maybe it will be like JJ Abrams (2009) STAR TREK where the timeline is disrupted so ALIEN 3 and Resurrection are "delayed" and Ripley experiences them later.

No they wont, but they still exist in the Original Reality i think. The characters from the Original series are still around (unless they get killed off screen lol), its just different now. Bring on Harry Mudd and Sybok

Stolen

Always a bad idea to me. Ripley, Hicks and Newt are died.

I'm not against an Alien movie made by Blomkamp but something original please .

I am sad that the fans want to reboot the series. And reject Alien:Covenant. Fans are ungrateful .

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't say that. A lot of people feel very burned by Prometheus and don't want to give Ridley a chance to right his wrongs for fear of another failure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed