Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 06, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5! (Read 42,535 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Earlier this week Neill Blomkamp shared a new image on his Instagram account of an Alien sculpt from Amalgamated Dynamics Inc, saying how much he enjoyed working on Alien 5. ADI’s Alec Gillis has since regrammed the image with some added context and credits!

Repost from @neillblomkamp who allowed us to play in his ALIEN5 universe. Happy he's letting you all see some of the design work we did. There's no doubt in my mind you would have loved what Neill had planned.

Project supervisor @h2.originals. This sculpt is by @monsterman03gmail along with @monstermania2017 and @ayumi.fx . Molds by @jon_k_miller with tech work by @saratheterra and Brian Clawson. @paulkomoda had a hand in other design/sculpt on A5 too.

The sculpt shows a lot of influence from H.R Giger’s first Alien but with a noticeable second set of arms, much like the Alien Queen. While we don’t know much of what Blomkamp’s Alien 5 would have looked like, we know it went under the codename of Red Harvest.

Frequent Alien series concept artist Carlos Huante previously shared – and then took down – some concept art he did for the project which showed a lot of mutated Aliens, many of which also had two sets of arms.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Frosty Venom

This is such a tease. I had such high hopes for this film.

Why do you think it has a second pair of arms? Perhaps an alien host with four arms or maybe it's a juvenile queen.

Surely one day the script gets a leak at least.

Daniil

Daniil

If he isn't going to do Alien 5, why he is teasing us so much?
P.S. Sorry for my English. I'm Ukranian

Corporal Hicks

Just sharing what work was done. Personally, I'd rather see all the work that effort was put into rather than it stay hidden.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Kailem

When I first saw it I thought it was a custom NECA figure, didn't realise it was actually a design from Alien 5! :laugh:

It certainly looks very classic, even down to the "spike" at the top of its back. Given that the original concept art that appeared to show the Derelict in the custody of Weyland-Yutani and the aforementioned Carlos Huante pics, I'd imagine at least part of the film would have dealt with WY experimenting with Alien genetic material a la William Gibson's Alien 3 script and coming up with mutations like this.

A shame we'll probably never get to see it actually realised, but at least these occasional glimpses at what could have been are nice.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I'm still hoping this gets made....would LOVE to see how his story plays out! If not in film, then I want to see a comic, in game form or even a novelisation of his script....that would be so cool to read!

skhellter

skhellter

...."what if Big Chap looked sillier?"

And now we have the answer.

Literally just big chap with 2 xtra arms.
Brilliant redesign.  :laugh:

Alienon

Alienon

Blomkamp knows and loves Alien universe.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 06, 2018, 10:29:22 AM
...."what if Big Chap looked sillier?"

And now we have the answer.

Literally just big chap with 2 xtra arms.
Brilliant redesign.  :laugh:

Agreed.

Prez

Sadly whether the film ended up being good or bad, we'll never know.

I truly nope Dark Horse continue with the alternate Alien 3 (2.5 or 5) script adaptations and take on this one sooner than later.

TERMINATOR-SSD

you know what, I'm still hoping he will be able to make his Alien 5. I reckon after RoboCop Returns and if that is successful he will be given the chance to handle the Alien IP..

The Old One

The Old One

How many alternate A3's are there as it is?

ACM
Aliens The Original Comics Series
William Gibson's ALIEN 3
Vincent Ward's ALIEN 3
Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN 3

?

skull-splitter

And not one applauds the accuracy ADI displayed in this sculpt?

whiterabbit

No shit. That is one fine, bad-ass alien. Umm-um.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed