Alien: Night Shift - 40th Anniversary Short Film

Started by aliens13, Apr 09, 2019, 05:24:37 PM

Author
Alien: Night Shift - 40th Anniversary Short Film (Read 28,559 times)

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Apr 10, 2019, 05:17:34 AM
True, could add touches though, like a different coloured Egg etc.
On the flipside, changing shit for the sake of it is lousy design ethic.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 10, 2019, 05:46:58 AM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 10, 2019, 05:17:34 AM
True, could add touches though, like a different coloured Egg etc.
On the flipside, changing shit for the sake of it is lousy design ethic.

It's not really a must I guess. In the end the short story is more about the story. I really like the dog idea in specimen though. That's the kind of stuff that elevates the shorts.

I'm sure everyone doesn't want to see 8 different versions off a chest burst.

Vermillion

When is there going to be a big chap?!?

I'm Bored already.

Pulse Rifles???????  Please!!!?!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 10, 2019, 01:28:31 PM

I'm Bored already.

They could only afford rubber bands.

But the good news is when they fire them at big chap, it will be in bullet time.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 10, 2019, 01:28:31 PM

I'm Bored already.

Won't get Pulse Rifles. This stuff is supposed to pull solely from the original film.

As for "Big Chap," we will be getting an adult Alien in at least one of the shorts, as per the trailer. Looks like they had access to an Alien: Covenant reference suit, though, so it isn't exactly "Big Chap."

Highland

Covenant Alien is more like Assless chaps

Nightmare Asylum

It seems silly to use the Covenant Alien from a narrative standpoint at this point in the timeline (unless somehow the Egg it came from is from David's initial batch) but regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing which shorts utilize it and how the go about shooting it.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.
Spoiler
Bored because of no Pulse Rifles, lol.
[close]

Local Trouble

To be honest, I'd rather see someone use one of those laser pistols from Alien.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Laser_pistol_(Nostromo)

Corporal Hicks

I honestly don't know if laser pistols would actually fit in with the feel of the universe.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Me too, but that's part of the reason I'd like to see them.  Perhaps they lack the sheer stopping power of contemporary projectile weapons, which is why the USCM doesn't use them.

As an aside, I still think "phased plasma" is the propellant used by the M-41A pulse rifle rather than some entirely separate weapon that goes pew-pew.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2019, 03:53:39 PM
I honestly don't know if laser pistols would actually fit in with the feel of the universe.
Kane literally has a laser pistol in 'Alien', he even draws it before he gets facehugged.

Voodoo Magic

Will laser pistols be the new skull?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 10, 2019, 04:44:00 PM
Kane literally has a laser pistol in 'Alien', he even draws it before he gets facehugged.

Only in the DC, though we do see them hanging off their belts in both cuts.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2019, 03:53:39 PM

I don't think they were supposed to be Star Wars kinda lasers. Probably more in line with invisible real-life lasers.

Xenomrph

I'll admit that my mental image was pew-pew lasers, but I imagine 'Alien' was coasting off the pop-culture recognition of Star Wars in that regard. Like, in the wake of 'Aliens', laser pistols seem less likely, but in 1979 I suspect people would have been okay with it.

Taking 'Aliens' into consideration, I could see laser pistols as being a space-based personal defense weapon that is perhaps designed to be effective against organic targets, but isn't going to risk going through the hulk like a bullet might.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed