The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP

Started by Scree, Apr 03, 2014, 09:26:43 PM

Author
The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP (Read 38,216 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Three more years until AVPR turns 10. I don't think the hype of Prometheus, Predators and AVP '010 will reach the hype that AVP and AVPR had on this site did.

MrSpaceJockey

I wouldn't know myself but really? Prometheus didn't reach those levels of hype? 

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 15, 2014, 10:15:27 PM
Three more years until AVPR turns 10.

I can tell you a lot of people won't be celebrating that anniversary but then again, I doubt that there will be an anniversary for that since we're getting the anniversary for AvP already. And I'm fine with that.

I'll tell you what might be in store for the anniversary of AvP-R's tenth.. A mass DVD/Blu-ray burning.  ::)

SM

SM

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 15, 2014, 10:30:00 PM
I wouldn't know myself but really? Prometheus didn't reach those levels of hype?

It far exceeded them.

Morgoth

Morgoth

While I didn't enjoy AVP. I loved AVPR. I thought it was a much better movie. We actually see aliens attack civilization. The predalien I thought was great. We got wolf! The score was fantastic. The story I found more interesting. The town kinda (I mean kinda) had a twin peaks vibe to it. I thought the acting was better and the characters more interesting. It's by NO means a great movie but a movie I thought was fun and superior to the first. 

SM

SM

QuoteWe actually see aliens attack civilization.

We did?

Morgoth

Morgoth

Quote from: SM on Aug 15, 2014, 11:26:02 PM

We did?
We saw them attack a small Colorado town and put their babies in pregnant women. It got so bad that the military nuked Gunnison.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Well , the fact that Aliens were attacking civilization didn't attract me so much . I expected to be something more like a ton of Aliens running down the street with people screaming , barricading themselves in their houses and shit like that ...

Quote from: Morgoth on Aug 15, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
   It got so bad that the military nuked Gunnison.

When things like this happen , most of the time they nuke cities .

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

When I heard Paul W S Anderson was directing an AVP movie back in early 2003 I was expecting his movie would be a cross between his PG-13 MORTAL KOMBAT and alien rip off Event Horizon.

When the film came out- that's exactly what I got.

A generous 3/5

Predator Queen

I will celebrate,  by writing a Scar x Lex fan fiction worthy of an early 2000s quizzila submission.

SM

SM

Quote from: Morgoth on Aug 15, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 15, 2014, 11:26:02 PM

We did?
We saw them attack a small Colorado town and put their babies in pregnant women. It got so bad that the military nuked Gunnison.

Oh, so THAT'S what was happening.  I figured there must've been something going on but all I got was bad dialogue and some vaguely dark shapes on the screen.

That Guy

That Guy

I watched it opening night, went in with high expectations and left feeling..meh. I did not hate it, i got some enjoyment out of it. I would say i'm very indifferent about it. It's obvious that Anderson wanted to make an "Alien" movie, he said so in all the interviews, it seems that somewhere down the line he got roped into adding Predators.
I love both creatures but it's obvious that the aliens were favored. I liked AVPR a lot more, still not an award winner but better in my opinion. Though one could argue that the Predator is favored more in that one. I think that's the problem with versus films in general. Two great characters that can never be balanced out in a way that will make fans on both sides happy. Freddy vs Jason..same issue.

Frank

Frank

To the guy who "loved" AVPR:

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever acknowledge another movie that has a xenomorph inside a high school.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Quote from: Frank on Aug 18, 2014, 04:19:21 PM
To the guy who "loved" AVPR:

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever acknowledge another movie that has a xenomorph inside a high school.
So you're not going to watch Fast times at Xenomorph high? ;D

worldpeace

worldpeace

one of the worsed disappointments ive ever experienced in a movie theater . from my hope as a child to see something amazing too seing the avp billboard in hollywood too tha ending eye contact between lex and scar that made me feel foolish and fooled and ripped off. f**k this piece of shit movies anniversary . :-\ :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed