TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5

Started by skhellter, May 16, 2022, 01:17:21 PM

Author
TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5 (Read 22,316 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 20, 2022, 12:00:11 PMI've never associated digital filming with DTV movies myself, but maybe that's just because I'm such a fan of Michael Mann.

Similarly Band of Brothers intentionally used a very muted colour palette to evoke a sense of time and place, and that show looked anything but cheap. Maybe they're just doing something similar here.

I'm aware that digital is primarily how movies are shot these days and it can be done well (the technology has come along way) and indeed, muted colours can be used effectively.  It's a matter of personal taste.  I wasn't speaking for anyone else when I said that I thought that the footage looked straight-to-streaming.  It's just my own subjective opinion, as it's absolutely what the footage reminded me of.

funk_master_chunk

I was happy when I saw the teaser for this the other day. I think it's given me a lot more confidence in the film - I just hope the practical fx and suits are up to scratch.

Also I think it's a crying shame that Trachtenberg's secret reveal was spoiled. Could you imagine watching the trailer for a film called Prey and seeing some young Native American girl sprining for her life? First thoughts would be some horrendous "Custer's gone Wild" type scenario. Then for the minor jump scare where she's "rescued" by a clan member. And then the dot sight reveal! It would've been so Left field and amazing.

I just hope they don't turn out to be Billy's ancestors and they focus on the supernatural "powers" he has in the novelisation of the original.

Inverse Effect

Wait... So it's not coming to theaters?

Immortan Jonesy

It's coming to home theaters.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on May 19, 2022, 07:04:42 AMPredator getting an arrow to his f**king face is a visual I wouldn't mind seeing
Seeing the Predator painfully pull an arrow from its eye then angrily snapping the arrow and roaring at Naru is such a raw scene that I wanna see.

Yautja888

Unlike the previous movies, there isn't any noticable bad mistake yet.Maybe the fact that they've used the good old sound effect of the laser is a good sign, maybe our predator won't be another useless crabator this time.Better yet, the Grayback theory is still possible, and the best way to go.
The countryside setting can easily give a sensation of cheapness,I think that's why
so many people reacted by saying it looks like low budget.It will be all about the artistic direction, and the music or its absence.That I cannot judge on this teaser alone. Fingers crossed.

Lefty

Teaser looks good so far. Hopefully there's lots of atmosphere and tension this time around.

I'm also really hoping the predator looks great. Obviously I want the film to be good first and foremost, clearly that's the most important thing. But man, I'm personally really over ADI predators.

I'm sure Trachtenberg had specific ideas for the design, but after 3 previous films I just don't see ADI changing their approach to their mouth / mandibles.

BigDaddyJohn

I really like what I'm seeing here. The teaser did greatly what it had to do, tease. Hoping they don't show too much after that.

There will possibly (probably ?) be only one big trailer after that considering we're close enough to the release date and I'm fine with that.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Yautja888 on May 21, 2022, 05:10:47 PMThe countryside setting can easily give a sensation of cheapness,I think that's why
so many people reacted by saying it looks like low budget

Shock, horror, setting a movie in America looks like a lot of other movies we've seen before. It has sometimes been a sign of a low budget, but it's also entirely appropriate  here. As you're implying, it's a not entirely fair association.

Yautja888

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 17, 2022, 04:20:52 PMI am f**king loving all the people complaining that the idea of defeating a Predator with bows and arrows is stupid... even though that's exactly what Arnie did in the first film they revere so much :laugh:

The spear and the arrow Dutch used had explosives attached to it, hence how the predator was wounded and his cloacking device damaged.So I don't get your point.

Kradan

Predator was literally defeated by a log. A log

Doomofman

Quote from: Kradan on May 29, 2022, 07:55:50 PMPredator was literally defeated by a log. A log
And really, the actual implement doesn't matter. The main predator in the first 3 movies (I'm ignoring The Predator because f**k that movie) was defeated by the main characters intelligence and I always thought that was kind of the point 

Yautja888

Quote from: Yautja888 on May 29, 2022, 07:41:11 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 17, 2022, 04:20:52 PMI am f**king loving all the people complaining that the idea of defeating a Predator with bows and arrows is stupid... even though that's exactly what Arnie did in the first film they revere so much :laugh:

The spear and the arrow Dutch used had explosives attached to it, hence how the predator was wounded and his cloacking device damaged.So I don't get your point.

Quote from: Kradan on May 29, 2022, 07:55:50 PMPredator was literally defeated by a log. A log

Defeated by a trap using a log, but you have to put that log up in the trees.
Same problem.Frankly it's better if the predator don't die this time in my opinion.

Voodoo Magic

Did the log fistfight the Predator? Or was it a duel with swords?

Kradan

It was a pistol duel

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed