TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5

Started by skhellter, May 16, 2022, 01:17:21 PM

Author
TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5 (Read 22,334 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I really like this shot tbh

SiL

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 19, 2022, 10:58:30 PM...in your opinion.  Not in mine.  As I previously said; I felt that the footage looked very uncinematic, in my opinion.  Obviously your millage may vary.
There is no such thing as "uncinematic" composition, is the point. It's a completely absurd claim.

QuoteI can throw all the technical jargon in the world your way and it's not going to convince you of seeing something that you can't see, nor would I care to.
I'm a film editor by trade, I would love to hear your technical assessment, actually.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2022, 12:33:18 AMThere is no such thing as "uncinematic" composition, is the point. It's a completely absurd claim.

There's no difference between the presentation of a cinematic movie and, say, a day time soap opera?  Um, okay then.

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2022, 12:33:18 AMI'm a film editor by trade...

Why is that relevant?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 20, 2022, 12:48:34 AMWhy is that relevant?

Are you for real, mate?

St_Eddie

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 20, 2022, 01:00:22 AMAre you for real, mate?

Yes, it's a genuine question.

SiL

You keep saying "composition" and I'm increasingly unconvinced that the word means what you think it means.

There's nothing wrong with the composition of your typical soap opera, their cinematography is better composed than many cinema releases films.

St_Eddie

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2022, 01:31:28 AMYou keep saying "composition" and I'm increasingly unconvinced that the word means what you think it means.

There's nothing wrong with the composition of your typical soap opera, their cinematography is better composed than many cinema releases films.

Okay but the fact remains that I and others thought that the footage very much looked like a straight-to-streaming film.  There's a reason for that, regardless of the technical jargon employed to explain it.

SiL

Then why use technical jargon you don't understand? Just call it a feeling.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2022, 04:35:32 AMThen why use technical jargon you don't understand? Just call it a feeling.

Fine; it's a feeling.  Does that make you happy now (despite the fact I actually do fully understand what cinematography is and the terminology was correct for what I was describing)?  Does that satisfy the Grand Poobah?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 19, 2022, 09:48:09 PMI don't think anyone is making sweeping claims about the movie as a whole, nor have they claimed to be.
I have absolutely seen people doing that.

And given that you don't really seem to have explained why you think this film looks cheap and unprofessional - I've definitely seen films, on TV or otherwise, where I get the impression the cameraman doesn't know how to set up an aesthetically pleasing shot to save his life.

I absolutely don't get that feeling from anything in this tester trailer. I'd love to know where you did. (And I'm not being patronising; I really would love to know what you're seeing that I'm not.)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The last couple pages of this thread have taken a year off my life, I'm sure of it.

azamultic

Hey everybody! I am a little bit late, but does anybody have information about when the Full Trailer will be released?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 20, 2022, 11:32:11 AMI absolutely don't get that feeling from anything in this tester trailer. I'd love to know where you did. (And I'm not being patronising; I really would love to know what you're seeing that I'm not.)

It's the cinematography, which lacks depth in my opinion.  It looks kinda flat.  That and the muted colours and possibly the fact that it looks to be shot on digital.  It lacks the texture which I commonly associate with the theatrical Predator movies.  It very much looks like a straight-to-streaming film (which it is) to my eyes, at least going by this brief snippet of footage.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've never associated digital filming with DTV movies myself, but maybe that's just because I'm such a fan of Michael Mann.

Similarly Band of Brothers intentionally used a very muted colour palette to evoke a sense of time and place, and that show looked anything but cheap. Maybe they're just doing something similar here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed