TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5

Started by skhellter, May 16, 2022, 01:17:21 PM

Author
TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5 (Read 23,041 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Always did, see that hanging from his chin?

Kradan

It's the Xenos who are drooly ones

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AMIt's not mainly because its a female lead.

It's because she looks like a goddamn teenager.

Because she is one. She's an 18 year old young woman. Mortality rates were very different in those days. Especially for women, who could often die during childbirth. People would have to mature at an earlier age in that society, so that they could hunt, etcetera.

Could she be in her mid-twenties? Sure, but she probably wouldn't be at the point of her life, by then, where she's facing this conflict of desire to be a warrior. She'd already be in her assigned station in life.

People younger than 18 are fighting and dying, right now, in Eastern Europe. If you can kill a human being, you can also conceivably kill a Predator, too. So long as it's executed plausibly, that's what matters.

QuoteEvery single Predator Film has lowered the bar for the humans.

Royce and Isabella were arguably far better opponents than Harrigan was. If anything, 'Predator 2' probably represents the lowest quality of human opponents, so far: Random, disorganised gangsters high on drugs, a guy with a sword cane and... Harrigan.

QuoteThe skill level of both the Predators and the Humans has been lowered so far. That now some kid is supposedly going to defeat an alien killing machine with superior technology.

Just like every human character has had to. :)

Most of their weapons are basically mediaeval/tribal, regardless. Cloaking isn't complete invisibility and neon green blood is a huge exploitable weakness for tracking.

QuoteWorse. The lead isn't going to be an actual skilled warrior...soldier...cop...etc. She simply WANTS to be. A warrior. But she isn't yet. She is a noob even among her people.

That's the point of her character, I believe: She's mostly likely watched warriors, learned their ways and asked elders about techniques, etcetera. She's very probably even used those principles while hunting (or perhaps defending herself and others from dangerous wildlife). She's just not allowed to officially take up the official role of a warrior in their enclosed society.

It's like if you'd used flight simulators all your life, but failed to qualify for the air force because of some trivial medical reason or legal status thing. You'd have the knowledge, just wouldn't be able to be in the actual military. But if a Ukraine-style disaster happened? The shit's hit the fan and maybe those skills you've self-taught yourself finally come in useful.

Which is what I predict will occur here: The tribe will find itself in danger, the warriors go out to kill it and all get slaughtered, leaving her having to use her various skills.

QuoteAlso... the Comanche didn't have female warriors. It's historically insulting.

But that's the point, yes? They're an exception to the rule. Most tribes had female warriors, Comanche did not. Hence, it's historically authentic.

She may even be aware of that dichotomy and feel some resentment because of it, knowing other tribes allowed it. Nothing wrong with that and it adds to her motivation.

QuotePeople loved Ellen Ripley, Leia Organa, Arwen and Lara Croft. There aren't issues women leading a cool thing, provided the casting and character herself serves the actual story, not some dipshit studio execs whims.

We already have a precedent for this: Machiko.

Machiko isn't a warrior, but she has ethnic heritage which reminds her of stories from her youth. She's forged from a corporate executive to a veritable Rambo - and all she has is a simple handgun.

Did we fling up our hands when that happened? No, because it was done well. Machiko is relatable. Like Ripley, she's forced, by circumstances, to take action.

That's what will happen here. Naru is going to be forced into action and she'll have the necessary skills and motivation to do it.

And what happens to all those warriors in her tribe will inform her of the same thing Machiko knew: Let yourself get close and you're dead (no matter who or what you are). Deal with it like a bear, because that's the only way you - and your people - are going to survive.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AMIt's because she looks like a goddamn teenager.

And? Looks like one and is one are two different things, last I recall they upped her age to be either 19 or 22. Someone gotta help me find that quote, I don't have it at hand at the moment.

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AMEvery single Predator Film has lowered the bar for the humans.

Only The Predator did, we had Super Predators and criminals/mercenaries in the third film. The second film had one determined cop on a vengeance after killing his people and traumatizing one. And before you say anything about him being 40, I seen 40 year olds beat down folks younger then them due to pure fighting experience and technique. Not to mention that some can keep up with others, I mean look at Mike Tyson for example, old but can still kick both our asses, true shit. If its over 50 then yes I would agree about something not being right about that but again, technicalities. 

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AMThe skill level of both the Predators and the Humans has been lowered so far. That now some kid is supposedly going to defeat an alien killing machine with superior technology.

The first Predator film would like to have a word with you.......

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AMWorse. The lead isn't going to be an actual skilled warrior...soldier...cop...etc. She simply WANTS to be. A warrior. But she isn't yet. She is a noob even among her people.

Synopsis keeps changing from she wants to be, to she is as we see in the recent synopsis. So again, any evidence to the contrary is greatly appreciated.

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AMAlso... the Comanche didn't have female warriors. It's historically insulting.

QuoteThe filmmakers were committed to creating a film that provides an accurate portrayal of the Comanche and brings a level of authenticity that rings true to its Indigenous peoples. Myers, an acclaimed filmmaker, Sundance Fellow and member of the Comanche nation herself, is known for her attention and dedication to films surrounding the Comanche and Blackfeet nations and her passion for honoring the legacies of the Native communities. As a result, the film features a cast comprised almost entirely of Native and First Nation's talent, including Amber Midthunder ("The Ice Road," "Roswell, New Mexico"), newcomer Dakota Beavers, Stormee Kipp ("Sooyii"), Michelle Thrush ("The Journey Home"), Julian Black Antelope ("Tribal").

If the tribe worked on this and allowed this, it means they know something about their own history than you do, so obviously there was some kind of female warrior that existed in their history at point in time. Don't speak for them.

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AMPeople loved Ellen Ripley, Leia Organa, Arwen and Lara Croft. There aren't issues women leading a cool thing, provided the casting and character herself serves the actual story, not some dipshit studio execs whims.

Back then, studio execs didn't want many female leading roles, as they believed they couldn't carry films and the usual sexist shit. Nowadays people are saying soy boy shit about SJWs ruining media cuz "WHAMAN IN MEH MOVIZ", how about people can just stfu and see the film carry itself on its own merits. f**king hell, you are part of the problem in all of this, deadass

KiramidHead

The Comanche also didn't fight alien hunters, is that "historically insulting"?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 18, 2022, 06:28:31 PMso obviously there was some kind of female warrior that existed in their history at point in time.

Doubt.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 18, 2022, 06:28:31 PMDon't speak for them.

Not doing for them.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 18, 2022, 06:28:31 PMhow about people can just stfu

Because people are allowed to express their opinion about upcoming movies, isn't it what this forum is for? On anything, there can be both positive and negative opinions and I don't get why some people get so defensive over certain comments. Like you don't see me quoting and replying to everyone that disagrees with me here. You need to be more open about the diversity of opinions.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 18, 2022, 06:28:31 PMand see the film carry itself on its own merits.

I seen this pattern enough.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 18, 2022, 06:28:31 PMf**king hell, you are part of the problem in all of this, deadass

Fine.

SiL

You've already been provided historical proof that Comanche women fought as fiercely as the men and you're still doubting it?

You don't actually have a point, you just want to complain.

skhellter

Danny Glover is super tall at 6 foot 3 (around 190cm for us metric people).

I agree with Vyce here.

https://twitter.com/VyceVictus/status/1330277220431040512

GreybackElder

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2022, 01:12:52 AMDidn't slow him down at all? He needed emergency medical aide and was ready to blow himself up the next time Harrigan put him in a tough spot. Dude was f**ked up plenty.

I literally laughed out loud reading this reply. Yeah, City Hunter was in rough shape.

Rankles75

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2022, 06:56:05 PMThe Comanche also didn't fight alien hunters, is that "historically insulting"?

Wysps

Quote from: GreybackElder on May 18, 2022, 08:44:31 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2022, 01:12:52 AMDidn't slow him down at all? He needed emergency medical aide and was ready to blow himself up the next time Harrigan put him in a tough spot. Dude was f**ked up plenty.

I literally laughed out loud reading this reply. Yeah, City Hunter was in rough shape.

I mean, 9 shotgun blasts at point blank range...I'm surprised he wasn't torn in half honestly. For him to be even still standing kind of shows what beefy creatures they are.  If it was a human, yikes.

SiL

Not all of them are direct hits, but yes, any of those would kill or at least incapacitate a human.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 07:00:25 PMDoubt.
Source?

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 07:00:25 PMNot doing for them.
Sure sounded like you did, "Its historically insulting"

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 07:00:25 PMBecause people are allowed to express their opinion about upcoming movies, isn't it what this forum is for? On anything, there can be both positive and negative opinions and I don't get why some people get so defensive over certain comments. Like you don't see me quoting and replying to everyone that disagrees with me here. You need to be more open about the diversity of opinions.

As if hearing "WHAMEN LEAD???!!! REEEEEEEEE" is a very diverse opinion that was never said in the past century. Also, anyone can criticize and discuss opinions here, just like they can criticize my thoughts and opinions just as well, so don't be defensive when people analyze your thoughts I think?

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 18, 2022, 07:00:25 PMI seen this pattern enough.

As Xenomorphine said, The Predator failed in that regard only, while at least the conflict in the first three films were on par, Predator vs Special Forces, criminals and one determined police officer, and dangerous/violent criminals/mercenaries.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Doesn't matter what gender is holding the bow, Predators are tough but still mortal. Without a bio-mask, an arrow to the face would probably kill it.

Kradan

Predator getting an arrow to his f**king face is a visual I wouldn't mind seeing

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed