The Art and Making of The Predator

Started by felix, Dec 18, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Author
The Art and Making of The Predator (Read 35,176 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Is it me or does his face look weird ? Like too weird ? His head looks way out of proportion to his body.. another bad sign I think 💭 oh dear fox :(

BigDaddyJohn

Proportions isn't something we can clearly judge from just one picture, it clearly isn't enough

anom

anom

does mr h reviews just check out this site and make a youtube video based on the scoops/news here?

Hey

Hey

You guys can not seethe top of his head plus he is clearly squating
Maybe that has something to do with him looking small.
Or the guy in the suite is not the actor from the film and is just for testing the thing out

The director of photography for the predator directed a soundgarden video called "fell on black days" this picture reminds me of the look of that video

I have been amazed by the video of free running done by one of the predator actors.. The guy can do flips off of buildings and keep running..
I think he will add a lot to the movement of the predator

Hollywood

I don't think he looks small in that picture, honestly. I agree with BigDaddyJohn, especially after looking at Jungle and City Hunter, it's pretty hard to judge size/proportion with some stills:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/predator-040.jpg

https://monsterlegacy.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/predator2heroshot1.jpg

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hey guys sorry I didn't mean he was small , I meant his head looks to big in proportion to his body .. it's clearly got huge mandibles but maybe it's just me however. But as this being the first look at a pred from the new film , it baffles me why fox chose this image as the first official look at the new predator.. it's a rather strange one , but maybe it's stylised and the final product will look different... but as it stands first impressions don't fill me with excitement unfortunately :(

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Mar 19, 2018, 06:02:16 PM
Hey guys sorry I didn't mean he was small , I meant his head looks to big in proportion to his body .. it's clearly got huge mandibles but maybe it's just me however. But as this being the first look at a pred from the new film , it baffles me why fox chose this image as the first official look at the new predator.. it's a rather strange one , but maybe it's stylised and the final product will look different... but as it stands first impressions don't fill me with excitement unfortunately :(

I agree it's kinda weird they let this image of their main pred out first, they totally could do it under better circumstances.

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure they didn't actually mean for this to be the first official look.

Original Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2018, 06:33:12 PM
I'm sure they didn't actually mean for this to be the first official look.

Yeah the bat-suit isn't helping. 

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hicks I agree , but you have to admit fox are pretty irresponsible and clumsy when it comes to leaks .
I don't know why but they just seem to let so much slip through the net and can't seem to keep a lid on things .. We get very little official marketing, zero in the predators case,  there's isn't even a teaser trailer , yet the whole films script and the predators design has been leaked . We all know what we are getting before even a second of film has been watched . Who's running the show here ? They should be sacked!  😂

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Mar 19, 2018, 07:57:36 PM
Hicks I agree , but you have to admit fox are pretty irresponsible and clumsy when it comes to leaks .
I don't know why but they just seem to let so much slip through the net and can't seem to keep a lid on things .. We get very little official marketing, zero in the predators case,  there's isn't even a teaser trailer , yet the whole films script and the predators design has been leaked . We all know what we are getting before even a second of film has been watched . Who's running the show here ? They should be sacked!  😂

You make a great point.

I almost wonder if Fox is resigned itself to the "slip-thru-the-cracks" marketing.

Makes me wonder further how "serious" they are in making this movie "legit".  Or if they have resigned themselves to the fact that this may now be a "cult" genre.  I think in general the market seems to be limited when it comes to a sci-fi-creature, which for all intents and purposes the Pred is. 

3 big blows this franchise suffered, that still has it derailed:
-No Dutch sequel tie-in of any kind.  Dutch vs. Pred should have been Ripley vs. Alien, for at least another film.
-Kevin Peter Halls sudden-death
-AVP, putting that concept pen to comic book is one thing, putting that on film....yeeeesh.

But your point is worth bringing up in the main forum.  Would love a conversation piece on that.  Fox in general and what they really care about this movie at this point. I could see Pred going in the "Resident Evil"- cult-mode.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 19, 2018, 08:36:49 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Mar 19, 2018, 07:57:36 PM

You make a great point.

I almost wonder if Fox is resigned itself to the "slip-thru-the-cracks" marketing.

Makes me wonder further how "serious" they are in making this movie "legit".  Or if they have resigned themselves to the fact that this may now be a "cult" genre.  I think in general the market seems to be limited when it comes to a sci-fi-creature, which for all intents and purposes the Pred is. 

3 big blows this franchise suffered, that still has it derailed:
-No Dutch sequel tie-in of any kind.  Dutch vs. Pred should have been Ripley vs. Alien, for at least another film.
-AVP, putting that concept pen to comic book is one thing, putting that on film....yeeeesh.

But your point is worth bringing up in the main forum.  Would love a conversation piece on that.  Fox in general and what they really care about this movie at this point. I could see Pred going in the "Resident Evil"- cult-mode.

Dear Lord please no  :laugh:

azamultic

I don't think it's a main villain of this movie (Spoiler) I feel like it's design of the captured one).

Original Predator oh noooooo, Predator 1,2, and even predators have more style and better taste than Resident Evil movie franchise ;)

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 19, 2018, 06:04:59 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Mar 19, 2018, 06:02:16 PM

I agree it's kinda weird they let this image of their main pred out first, they totally could do it under better circumstances.

Like Fox were going to be the first to show something official. The script is out there, the first Predator design is out there and still nothing official. I really hope they haven't written this movie off, I still crave a solid Predator movie from them.

For Predators, back in 2009 the crappy set photos were leaked showing the Predator camp and new Predator designs followed by one trailer in the March and a final trailer a week before release. I'm not sure how many people knew of that movies existence...

ELDERCLANLEADER

@ Original predator

"3 big blows this franchise suffered, that still has it derailed:
-AVP, putting that concept pen to comic book is one thing, putting that on film...."

I Couldn't agree more . All these points have hurt predator badly as a coherent franchise .

For what it's worth I'm sort of at peace with this film now iv realised fox has given up on predator .

The film is what it is

It's a great shame , but I see the same pattern with predators , prometheus and alien covenant and even alien 5 , having early leaks, little marketing and a rushed release and ultimately a failure,  and it must be a policy of fox to try and ruin the movie before it's come out , sounds backwards I know but that's what is coming across . And I think your right they have simply given up and are probably regretting their investment . Or their marketing team are extremely passive and don't penalise breaches of contract . Either way it sucks for predator, my last bit of hope for him is disneys take over , but if the predator fails , will they even bother with him ?

Original predator I would love other people's input on what this problem at fox is actually about ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed