ALIEN Isolation: NOSTROMO

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 04, 2018, 12:26:48 PM

Author
ALIEN Isolation: NOSTROMO (Read 5,585 times)

Still Collating...

Me too, the same goes for the Survivor missions. I love that we have so many options and maps to play with. Cause of this I have little bite sized chunks of Isolation such as a single survivor map that takes me no more than 3 to 15 minutes, and I can string 3 of them together in a more cinematic experience, play the endurance mode for a longer test of skill, play with Safe Haven if I'm feeling especially masochistic, choose one of the Nostromo maps if I'm feeling nostalgic, or play the campaign once in a while if I want the full dose. For me it's so versatile, from 3 minutes to like 10 hours of fulfilling segments of gameplay. No other completely singleplayer game has gotten me to give it 230+ hours of my life.

The Old One

The Old One

Only KOTOR TSL for myself, over roughly 400 hours.
I don't really care for Survivor, because I primarily play a game for the story myself.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Oh sweet summer children. What know you of Sid Meier's Civilization and Alpha Centauri, with their multi-thousand hours played over multiple decades?

Still Collating...

Now that's some dedication! I used to be a lot more of an active gamer before, these last few years not so much, I mostly stick to the alien games and the occasional game that peeks my interest. I did and do spend most of my gaming hours in multiplayer, but I do believe that nothing beats a good singleplayer story, so I'm glad that Isolation grabbed me as hard as it did.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Mar 06, 2018, 03:14:03 AMI really need to play those Nostromo DLC properly.

The Nostromo levels were great. The vent shaft sequence in the first was bloody terrifying and the finale of the second, after you've tripped the self destruct, was tense as hell.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, it's great- especially if you've got a taste for A.I but don't want to replay the entire Campaign.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

The "alien at the airlock" sequence would've made for interesting viewing... and participating, had it been included.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's basically how the first bonus level ends...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed