New Entertainment Weekly Stills

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 21, 2017, 04:28:15 PM

Author
New Entertainment Weekly Stills (Read 21,053 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

New pic of Walter released via Entertainment Weekly!!

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/21/alien-covenant-michael-fassbender-details/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

And another wide shot of this pic:

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Oh man the citadel bombing looks absolutely amazing

salomonj

salomonj

That shot of David with the bombs is spectacular.

Anthony

Anthony

Spoiler
I think it's safe to say the flashback scene is back in the film with how much magazines have been pushing it.
[close]

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 21, 2017, 04:28:15 PM
New pic of Walter released via Entertainment Weekly!!

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/21/alien-covenant-michael-fassbender-details/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

And another wide shot of this pic:

Awesome! But Fassbender did age a bit, or?

Enoch

Enoch

There are many cypress in the alien city, I was right (Ridley is very familiar with tree symbolism). A bit of symbolism here and there. Like the overall look of the city (the shrine looks great), especially from this top perspective. I always expected that David will turn to be some kind of pseudo archvillain or better yet anti-hero of these movies. Only that is enought to keep me hyped, not to speak about everything else this movie has in store for us. Its obvious this kind of SF movies are not for all (even not for all Alien fans). I can now say with great certainty that Covenant is going to be one of my favourite alien related movies. Why are cypress important, well all things point that this city is the only inhabited place on the planet, why... well because its a sacred place, a sacred planet if you will. I think those pseudo engineer humanoids are some kind of priests.

echobbase79

I can't wait to see the bombing scene! I hope it lives up to the hype.

Evanus

Evanus

It looks fantastic, but I still don't like the idea of David wiping out the engineers. And I hate how these engineers look. They look like sh*t compared to the engineers from Prometheus.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 21, 2017, 05:08:25 PM
It looks fantastic, but I still don't like the idea of David wiping out the engineers. And I hate how these engineers look. They look like sh*t compared to the engineers from Prometheus.

I think those are not the ordinary Engineers and I also believe this will NOT be the last
of those tall, muscular Engineers with black eyes. ;) Just my opinion.

echobbase79

Yeah, that shot doesn't make them look very good. They look like a lot of cranky, constipated old men from a retirement community that are mad because they ran out of prune juice.

Why don't you like David wiping out all the Engineers?

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 21, 2017, 05:15:43 PM

Yeah, that shot doesn't make them look very good. They look like a lot of cranky, constipated old men from a retirement community that are mad because they ran out of prune juice.

Why don't you like David wiping out all the Engineers?
I completely agree with your description of these engineers.  :D

But I don't like David wiping them out, because it seems lazy. Like the filmmakers didn't know what to do with them, so they decided to just kill them. I mean, the engineers were such an important part of Prometheus, and I was looking forward to seeing them again in their home world. And then David comes by and kills them all.  :-\

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 21, 2017, 05:24:22 PM

But I don't like David wiping them out, because it seems lazy. Like the filmmakers didn't know what to do with them, so they decided to just kill them. I mean, the engineers were such an important part of Prometheus, and I was looking forward to seeing them again in their home world. And then David comes by and kills them all. :-\

You really think such advanced race would have only one city on the whole damn planet? As I said this place is some holy site on some kind of sacred planet if you will. I think those pseudo engineer humanoids are some kind of priests, and they are not the Engineers from the Prometheus. They are not Engineers at all.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 21, 2017, 05:27:43 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 21, 2017, 05:24:22 PM

But I don't like David wiping them out, because it seems lazy. Like the filmmakers didn't know what to do with them, so they decided to just kill them. I mean, the engineers were such an important part of Prometheus, and I was looking forward to seeing them again in their home world. And then David comes by and kills them all. :-\

You really thing such adcanced race would have only one city on the whole damn planet? As I said this place is some holy place on some kind of sacred planet if you will. I think those pseudo engineer humanoids are some kind of priests, and they are not the Engineers from the Prometheus. They are not Engineers at all.
Again, they probably are engineers. Multiple sources have said they're engineers, including people who worked on the movie. There is no proof that says otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope you're right. But they're probably just engineers.

Enoch

Enoch

;D ;)

We shall see...

lv_226

lv_226

Boy, that shot of David with the canisters.. wow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed