Gearbox Software Community Day 2012 - New MP Mode Announced

Started by ikarop, Sep 15, 2012, 04:27:20 PM

Author
Gearbox Software Community Day 2012 - New MP Mode Announced (Read 13,644 times)

ikarop

ikarop

As some of you already know, Aliens: Colonial Marines is making an appearance at Gearbox's Community Day today. Attendees will be able play Team Deathmatch or Escape Mode.

Forum user Tonks (aka Husky) will be attending the event an providing us with information and pictures throughout the day.

Schedule: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communityday/#schedule

Spoiler
Community Day Event Overview - September 15

10AM - 6PM: Community Day feat. playable Borderlands 2 and Aliens: Colonial Marines stations!

Community Day Event Schedule - September 15

12PM - Aliens: Colonial Marines Panel and Presentation, Moderated by a Surprise Guest

1PM - Aliens: Colonial Marines Panelist Autograph Session

1:30PM - Gearbox Software Panel / Q&A, Moderated by TV Personality Adam Sessler
[close]

Live Feed:

Quote from: TonksNo comment on xeno control scheme - still tweaking. Acid does hurt. Escape is objective based Reach a new spot an ammo / players can respawn. Iron sights are a load out but can be customized.

Quote from: TonksNo video or shots of screens allowed.

Quote from: TonksEscape is a newer build. Looked better than pictures showed.

Quote from: TonksAdditional modes of mp - survivor! Make a stand basically.  More modes to be announced

Quote from: TonksHicks is in the game - not just mp

Quote from: TonksBridge of the ship [Sulaco] available to explore

Quote from: TonksWe will find out how egg got on sulaco at beginning of A3

Quote from: TonksNo vids shown [at the panel]

Quote from: TonksEscape mode build that I'm playing is already an old build, so lots of improvements are already made. Listened to a lot of forum feedback to fix stuff.

Pictures:

WinterActual

QuoteQuote from: Tonks

No video or shots of screens allowed.
But why? Omg GBX... seriously /fp

Griffith

Pictures:

Microgramma Dbolt Ext. font

:')

Best font ever.. EVER

Also, my contribution to society in Architectural field

ikarop

ikarop

New MP mode survivor has been announced at the panel.

Quote from: TonksAdditional modes of mp - survivor! Make a stand basically.  More modes to be announced

predxeno

Glad to hear about the Survivor mp mode, but I think it was obvious that it had to make an appearance (otherwise the mp in this game would have been seriously lacking).  Also, Hicks appears in the actual game as well? :o  How is that going to work; is it a flashback, a video, or did he somehow escape his fate from Alien 3?

Griffith

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 15, 2012, 05:27:45 PM

Dear god I just hope GBX didn't add a twist to plot by saying that Hick's body from Alien 3 was someone else, so we can have more Hicks, if it's a flashback or something else then ok

MrSpaceJockey

Agreed. Maybe one of the marines knew Hicks in the past or something.

chupacabras acheronsis

i hope each new mode has new maps for them.

AMC_Duke

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Sep 15, 2012, 06:03:27 PM
i hope each new mode has new maps for them.

there will be new Maps as DLC ;-)

predxeno

I'm going to get so much crap for saying this, but I'd be glad if it turns out that Hicks or any other character from Aliens survived; yeah, it'll be a little hard adjusting to such radical plot changes, but I feel that in the end it'll be worth it to see my favorite characters up walking and about again.  Of course I may be wrong, but right now I think and hope not. ;)

chupacabras acheronsis

ikarop

acrediblesource

I don't want to assume that Hicks is actually in the game in the present situation, but in keeping with the timeline it could only  happen when Hicks was still on the dropship with bishop when ripley returns to get newt.
Flashback maybe?

predxeno

I envy the people who get to go to these conventions and get actually get a hands-on preview of this upcoming game; I so wish I were one of you right now. >:( :D

predxeno

^If they really want to make Alien 3 better, they should do the same with Newt as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed