Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 102,164 times)

Corporal Hicks

Let's not forget that this thread for highlighting what people consider positive aspects of the film. Let's not try to trash all over that.

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

Regardless of the location.

This is the ideal Male body, you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2019, 04:45:23 PM
Let's not forget that this thread for highlighting what people consider positive aspects of the film. Let's not try to trash all over that.

It had gore, and some of Wolf's weapons were interesting. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 09, 2019, 08:36:13 PM
It had gore, and some of Wolf's weapons were interesting.

See! Ya did it!

[cancerblack]

When I watched it a few weeks back (with AvP), I still liked it more than AvP. It's got an 80's B-movie charm to it that makes it fit with things like The Blob for comfy cheesy movie nights. I like the ridges on the Aliens, if not other details.

Spoiler
Not actually huge on Wolf tbh :o
[close]

iain

Can't remember the last time I watched AVP:R...I watch the Alien movies on the regular, once in a blue moon AVP but I never watch AVP:R.

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 09, 2019, 05:40:54 PM

This is the ideal Male body, you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Wolf is BADASS LOOKING!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 12, 2019, 09:49:33 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Apr 09, 2019, 05:40:54 PM

Wolf is BADASS LOOKING!

Agreed. With the helmet on, agreed.

[cancerblack]

Wolf is a shit Predator, in design and action and especially in interaction with Aliens.

But the chubby, gimpy Aliens he has non-interactions with have actually awesome head ridges, it's a great alt-design for the creatures until it hits the neck and body. I'd really like to see more of that design of cranium on a Cameralien body/jaws/neck, it'd be a cool variant structure to make all the Aliens as well as the Preds unique in a SPACE AvP hypothetical 

Wysps

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 09, 2019, 08:44:32 PM
When I watched it a few weeks back (with AvP), I still liked it more than AvP. It's got an 80's B-movie charm to it that makes it fit with things like The Blob for comfy cheesy movie nights. I like the ridges on the Aliens, if not other details.

Spoiler
Not actually huge on Wolf tbh :o
[close]

That was well put :laugh: Whenever I do my yearly Alien/Predator/AvP run, I include AvP:R with the others.  So, I watch it regularly I guess.  It definitely doesn't fit with any of the other movies, and despite the many problems it has, there is a certain "charm" to it that makes it fit with those Critters/80's horror movies that I remember growing up with.  There's entertainment value there.

[cancerblack]

Critters is another good comparison.

Katanu

I like the opening, pretty much everything inside the Predator ship until one of them starts shooting like crazy. The trophy room was cool, the Predator cleaning the Alien skull, and what you could see of the Predalien. Too bad there was no real fight in the spaceship.
I do enjoy the scenes when we're following Wolf, specially when he's investigating in the Predator ship and later starts preparing for war.
Loved seeing the Predator Homeworld.
The Alien lurking under the Predator in the Power Plant was cool.
Aliens vs the army was ok too.
The score is pretty good.
Guesa that's it.
I do watch it from time to time, but usually I have to speed over the human scenes to be able to finish it.

PsyKore

Quote from: Katanu on Oct 23, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
I do watch it from time to time, but usually I have to speed over the human scenes to be able to finish it.

But that "pizza boy in love with popular hot girl" plotline is crucial!

Corporal Hicks

The clock thing always gives me a chuckle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed