NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,367 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 07, 2016, 05:55:49 PM
Back of box and bio for Spiked Tail:

I've never really read these bios before but damn, I like the sounds of them hunting some non-organics.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Looks like Neca may be teasing two more figs.
Lasershot and R'zor

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 08, 2016, 12:41:37 PM
Lasershot and R'zor

I've never seen that second one before, was it unreleased?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2016, 08:31:45 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Sep 07, 2016, 05:55:49 PM
Back of box and bio for Spiked Tail:

I've never really read these bios before but damn, I like the sounds of them hunting some non-organics.

I like that idea of them hunting non-organics, too. I would love to see that in a comic, or maybe one of the shorts in an anthology book.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'd hope we're all but guaranteed a story like that in an anthology featuring numerous tales.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

NECA should tie the AVP and Terminator universes together. Skynet definitely used Dutch as a template for the T-800 model-101, and tried to eradicate organic life from Earth to ensure the Alien couldn't spread.

* Runs away to reorganize display shelf *

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 08, 2016, 12:41:37 PM
Lasershot and R'zor

I think R'zor is actually a marine in predator armour.

and I hope they make this guy.
http://www.alienscollection.com/nightreconpredator1.jpg
http://www.toyarchive.com/Predator/Prototypes/NightReconPainted1b.jpg

Kailem

Kailem

Stalker's bio:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Holy shit, they came up with an "in universe" explanation for why Stalker glows in the dark. That's f**king fantastic.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I really love that. Shows they put some real thought into it. Having his skin be translucent allowing the bioluminescent Predator blood to be visible and make him "glow" as an adaptation to living in constant darkness is a great way to explain it.

I've really been liking these bios Neca has come up with. They definitely give these characters an extra "cool factor."

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I already loved the figure, but the bioluminescent element is an awesome idea. I like how the Predators are getting expanded upon.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 15, 2016, 01:53:24 AM
Holy shit, they came up with an "in universe" explanation for why Stalker glows in the dark. That's f**king fantastic.

But it doesnt really make sense.

If the blood is what we are seeing we would be seeing trails instead of the whole thing glowing.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Someone refresh my memory, where is the Ghost Predator from?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 15, 2016, 10:32:06 PM

If the blood is what we are seeing we would be seeing trails instead of the whole thing glowing.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is why they would need unparalleled night vision when they see in heat? Total darkness is a problem for us, not Predators. Unless the environment is really cold and they're hunting some cold blooded prey or something.

I like the figure though, it looks really cool.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 15, 2016, 10:32:06 PM

Not if the skin is translucent. They're not bleeding, it's their glowing blood showing through their un-pigmented skin.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

But wouldn't the lack of light in such an environment eventually evolve these Predators into being albinos?

I mean, in the cases of Alligators and Crocodiles who have thrived in dark environments where there is no light-- they were eventually losing their pigmentation and even eye-sight since they would've adapted to such an environment. At least, that's what biologist had said in regards to gators and crocodiles if they wound up thriving in said environment like.. a sewer for years, that's what would've eventually happened.

In the case of Predators, I would've thought that the absence of light would affect their pigmentation to be albino, not translucent. And needing night vision when they have infrared which allows them to see in the absence of light? Well, at least I'm not the only one to point this out.

I mean the toy is cool and all but was there really a need to explain the gimmick which the original figure had? I mean couldn't they have left it to just the armor? Kind of screams the explanation which NECA tried to give Nightfighter Robocop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed