J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens

Started by felix, Sep 16, 2019, 05:18:33 AM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens (Read 56,166 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 28, 2020, 12:49:16 PM
Rinzler's books are definitely a commitment, to get the full blow-by-blow feel of making the film. Not the kind of thing you'd read dribs and drabs of here and there. Hope you guys find the time!  :)

Just told the missus, the kids and my boss that I'm taking a month off and they won't see me at all for that time. Taking 2 books with me. Guess which ones?

;D

Drukathi

I don't think Fincher would even want to get close to Alien 3. He hates this film and everything connected with it. And without him, the book will be incomplete.

Corporal Hicks

And I finished this at the weekend! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Another winner from Rinzler as far as I'm concerned. My nitpicks are minor and very very few. Looking forward to sitting down to give it a proper write-up soon, but like Alien, if you're interested in the behind-the-scenes of the films, it's a must-buy.

HuDaFuK

I'm really itching to get both of these, but with the house move funds are tighter than a gnat's arsehole at the moment.

Hopefully they won't go out of print any time soon and I can pick them up a little further down the line.

Corporal Hicks

Oh, I forgot to mention! Our interview with Cynthia Scott is used in this. I'm cited in the sources...with a credit to Xenopedia instead of here...ooops.

HuDaFuK

:laugh: Whoops.

Clearly Rinzler's not as savvy with the interwebs as he is with movie archives.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2020, 10:18:35 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention! Our interview with Cynthia Scott is used in this. I'm cited in the sources...with a credit to Xenopedia instead of here...ooops.

That's a nit worth pickin'!

Corporal Hicks

felix

felix

No Alien 3? That a disappointment.

Corporal Hicks

As far as we currently know.

SM

SM

I think we'd be more likely to get a Making of Prometheus before a Making of Alien 3.

Corporal Hicks

I'd be up for that. I was thinking about it the other night and I don't think Rinzler would even have enough adequate time to research and write one on Alien 3. He gets like 4 months? Be nice if they did just go all in on it and give him time to do it properly.

HuDaFuK

Voodoo Magic

Nice review Hicks!  Twas a good read!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed